Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) call the police
(b) run away from the school
(c) visit the rector
(d) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
2. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) a visit to a clinic
(b) the auction of his property
(c) a job interview
(d) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
3. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
(b) The Irish Lullaby
(c) Old Dan tucker
(d) In the Gloaming
4. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that her hat was on backwards
(b) that she was in a hurry to leave
(c) that she wore too much perfume
(d) that she was going to cry
5. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They drank communion wine.
(b) They went to sea.
(c) They stole from the collection box.
(d) They spit in the holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
2. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
3. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
4. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
5. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)