|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
(a) that maybe there is no God and no need for religion
(b) that God created him the way he is and there is nothing he can do about it
(c) that false homage to God cannot atone for sin as grievous as his.
(d) that he can confess to the Virgin and never do it again
2. For what does Stephen continually search?
(a) for his fortune
(b) for a job
(c) for his friend Aubrey
(d) for his Mercedes
3. At the first of the retreat, what helps to awaken Stephen's soul slightly?
(a) the topics of love and forgiveness
(b) the topic of Pergatory
(c) the topics of death and judgment
(d) the topic of a caring God
4. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Tusker Boyle
(b) a boy named Wells
(c) a boy named Simon Moonan
(d) a boy named Corrigan
5. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) a boy named Wells
(b) the language teacher
(c) a boy named Fleming
(d) the prefect
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen perceive the dean of studies?
2. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
3. What is the symbolism used to show Stephen's returning to nature?
4. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
5. What does Stephen suddenly realize about his family relationships?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)