|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(b) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(c) The rector punishes Stephen again.
(d) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
2. To what does Stephen devote each different day of the week?
(a) to studying a different section of the catechism
(b) to a different religious facet or figure
(c) to recruiting new students to join him
(d) to physical exercise
3. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(a) Minnie Cooper
(d) Bentley Ann
4. Who does Stephen tell about many of the longings in his soul?
(d) his father
5. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
(a) a new found creativity
(b) a better understanding of his family
(c) a desire to return to the church
(d) a longing for security
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
2. What does Davin proclaim himself to be?
3. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
4. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
5. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)