|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Stephen to recall how saints were tried again and again by sin?
(a) his ability to avoid temptation
(b) his lingering guilt for his past
(c) his interest in the lives of saints
(d) his many daily temptations
2. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) the language teacher
(b) a boy named Wells
(c) the prefect
(d) a boy named Fleming
3. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
(a) about 19
(b) only 16
(c) just 14
(d) already 21
4. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
(a) if he will have a stroke
(b) if it is a sin
(c) if it means trouble
(d) if he hates boys
5. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
(a) as an addict who cannot help himself
(b) as a man and no longer a boy
(c) as a liberated Catholic
(d) sunk into a swamp of spiritual and bodily sloth
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
2. What does the dean ask Stephen if he can answer?
3. What does Stephen come across while walking through the city?
4. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
5. What does Stephen feel by allowing sin to creep near to him before resisting it at the last moment?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)