|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen's walking around in smaller and smaller circles eventually lead him?
(a) the the church
(b) to his home
(c) to the brothel quarter
(d) to the school
2. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
(a) his father with a strange woman
(b) Father Arnall
(c) the girl from the tram
(d) Uncle Charles and Dante
3. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) Old Dan tucker
(b) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
(c) In the Gloaming
(d) The Irish Lullaby
4. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He calls her Mercedes.
(c) He sits her in his lap.
(d) He helps her off the tram.
5. What does the rector say the retreat signifies?
(a) a dedication to better study
(b) a withdrawal from the worldly cares
(c) a time off for good behavior
(d) a chance to enter the seminary
Short Answer Questions
1. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
2. What troubles Stephen that is so little cared about in general society?
3. What is the reference to the Firblog?
4. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
5. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)