|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen now view the guardians of his boyhood?
(a) as the factor that has made him strong
(b) as means of controlling him
(c) as ways of keeping him ignorant
(d) as necessary influences
2. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) a blood brother pact
(b) ways to meet girls
(c) a team to make money
(d) imaginary adventures
3. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
(a) sunk into a swamp of spiritual and bodily sloth
(b) as an addict who cannot help himself
(c) as a man and no longer a boy
(d) as a liberated Catholic
4. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
(a) the idea of becoming a priest
(b) having religious discussions
(c) giving in to temptation
(d) his face in the mirror
5. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
(a) sin and salvation
(b) mortifying the flesh
(c) confession and renewal
(d) death, judgment, hell, and heaven
Short Answer Questions
1. When the rector enters the classroom, what does the boy behind Stephen want him to do?
2. What does the rector announce to the class?
3. What does Stephen do after running in ecstasy along the beach?
4. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
5. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)