|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
2. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of cutting classes
(b) his habit of eavesdropping
(c) his habit of writing poems
(d) his habit of obedience
3. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
(a) a better understanding of his family
(b) a new found creativity
(c) a desire to return to the church
(d) a longing for security
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) ways to meet girls
(b) a blood brother pact
(c) a team to make money
(d) imaginary adventures
5. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(b) How she is too old for him.
(c) How much she looks like Mercedes.
(d) How he would like to kick her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
2. What public transportation does Stephen take?
3. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
4. Why does Stephen exert enormous energy in filling his days with penitent devotion, zealous prayers, and rosary recitations?
5. What is Stephen coming to believe about gaining wisdom?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)