|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(c) Uncle Charles
(d) his father
2. Who is Mike Flynn?
(a) The man who who supervises Stephen's runs around the track.
(b) The man who buys Stephen's father's business.
(c) The man Stephen goes to work for.
(d) The man Stephen's father works for.
3. Leaving the director's office, what does Stephen think about the life offered him?
(a) He is filled with pride that the director thinks he is so good.
(b) He is filled with fear that his family will reject him.
(c) He does not see the priest as being more devoted than he is.
(d) He questions his motives for wanting to be a priest.
4. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(b) tries to use them in his own conversation
(c) figures out their meanings
(d) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's condition as he leaves the retreat?
2. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
3. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
4. How does Stephen now view the guardians of his boyhood?
5. What sensation does Stephen get while thinking back to Clongowes?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)