|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
(b) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(c) tries to use them in his own conversation
(d) figures out their meanings
2. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
(a) that he is not doing them the right way
(b) that he is forgetting some improtant devltions
(c) that there is not enough time in the day to do them all
(d) that no degree of devotion shall ever be enough
3. How does the preacher define sin?
(a) a giving in to our naturally base natures
(b) a rebellion of the intellect, incompatible with our true nature
(c) a slap in the face of God
(d) a wallowing in sinful mire
4. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
(a) while someone is dying
(b) while friends are weeping over the coffin
(c) while the world comes to an end
(d) while committing a deliberate sin
5. What does Stephen feel by allowing sin to creep near to him before resisting it at the last moment?
(a) an intolerable weakness
(b) like playing a joke on the devil
(c) a terrible fear
(d) a sense of power
Short Answer Questions
1. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
2. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
3. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
4. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
5. How does the director describe the life of a priest?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)