|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is detailed by cramped conditions, the darkness, the stench, the fires, the enraged howls and suffering screams of the damned, and the mocking of devils?
(a) the treatment Jesus endured at the hands of man
(b) the eternal suffering in hell
(c) the heads of people who willfully sin
(d) the prison for those who commit murder
2. How does Stephen now view the guardians of his boyhood?
(a) as the factor that has made him strong
(b) as means of controlling him
(c) as necessary influences
(d) as ways of keeping him ignorant
3. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
(a) the priest is watching him
(b) the fear of God
(c) the peacefulness of the chapel
(d) the Virgin Mary
4. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
(a) back into their old home
(b) to a small house in Belfast
(c) to an apartment in London
(d) into less comfortable accommodations in Dublin
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) a team to make money
(b) ways to meet girls
(c) a blood brother pact
(d) imaginary adventures
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen come to view all of creation?
2. What job is given to Stephen?
3. What does Stephen do after running in ecstasy along the beach?
4. After the confession, how does Stephen feel?
5. Where does Stephen's walking around in smaller and smaller circles eventually lead him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)