|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be a hack writer
(b) to be a Frenchman
(c) to be an immoral heretic
(d) to be an imposter
2. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of eavesdropping
(b) his habit of obedience
(c) his habit of cutting classes
(d) his habit of writing poems
3. Although he purposefully enters the brothel, how does he feel later?
(a) justified that he acted only out of nature
(b) wounded and shamed by much of what he perceives there
(c) disturbed that he cannot save the workers there
(d) numbed as though he had not gone in
4. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
(a) the Virgin Mary
(b) the peacefulness of the chapel
(c) the fear of God
(d) the priest is watching him
5. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(a) Dublin Polytechnic
(b) Byron Academy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
2. What does the preacher say is available to the living to spare them from this everlasting torment?
3. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
4. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
5. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)