|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
(a) to find a chapel in which to confess
(b) to go by the brothels to see if he can overcome his lusts
(c) to return to school and see Father Arnall
(d) to find Emma and beg her forgiveness
2. What has Stephen been able to feel instead of love or hate?
(a) only hunger and thirst
(b) only brief anger and lust
(c) only anxiety and fear
(d) only joy and pain
3. What does Stephen suddenly realize about his family relationships?
(a) that they have never been strong
(b) that they are becoming stronger
(c) that they are silently severing
(d) that they have stiffled the family
4. What is detailed by cramped conditions, the darkness, the stench, the fires, the enraged howls and suffering screams of the damned, and the mocking of devils?
(a) the eternal suffering in hell
(b) the treatment Jesus endured at the hands of man
(c) the heads of people who willfully sin
(d) the prison for those who commit murder
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
2. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
3. How does Stephen see his acts of devotion to God?
4. For what does Stephen continually search?
5. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)