1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) metaphor and irony
(c) chronological account
(d) stream of consciousness
2. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) Old Dan tucker
(b) In the Gloaming
(c) The Irish Lullaby
(d) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(a) His mother
4. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) next to the prefect
(b) In the thick of the action
(c) on the bench
(d) on the fringes of his line
5. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that she wore too much perfume
(b) that she was going to cry
(c) that she was in a hurry to leave
(d) that her hat was on backwards
6. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
(a) answers to test questions
(b) a countdown to the holidays
(c) a photo of Eileen
(d) a letter from his mother
This section contains 5,651 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)