1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) stream of consciousness
(c) metaphor and irony
(d) chronological account
2. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) Old Dan tucker
(b) The Irish Lullaby
(c) In the Gloaming
(d) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
4. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) next to the prefect
(b) on the fringes of his line
(c) In the thick of the action
(d) on the bench
5. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that her hat was on backwards
(b) that she wore too much perfume
(c) that she was going to cry
(d) that she was in a hurry to leave
6. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
(a) a photo of Eileen
(b) a letter from his mother
(c) answers to test questions
(d) a countdown to the holidays
This section contains 5,651 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)