|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is hosting a party at the club tonight?
2. Where does Julian drop Caroline off?
3. Of all the men she dated which one seemed to be the right man for her to marry?
4. Who does Julian speak to on the veranda?
5. Helene is mad because Al is watching her and ______________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Money and status are very important to the characters in the novel. Choose at least three characters and cite how each one works to maintain a certain lifestyle or achieve a certain lifestyle.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it especially tragic that Julian reaches out to another person besides Caroline--Monsignor Creedon--and not receive any help? Why is Monsignor Creedon also a tragic figure? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What was the author's purpose for establishing the story at the Christmas holiday? Is there any significance to his choosing this holiday? What is particularly poignant or painful about this choice for his characters? Explain.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)