|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Caroline's first love as a young woman?
(a) A boy in her English class
(b) A cousin from England
(c) Ed Charney
(d) Lute Fliegler
2. How many times had Julian tried to run away from home as a boy?
3. What does Al learn when he arrives?
(a) Ed is coming later
(b) Helene is already drunk
(c) Helene has left with another guy
(d) Helene is sick
4. How does a girl improve her social status in Gibbsville?
(a) Having a baby
(b) Hosting great parties
(c) Getting a career
(d) Getting married
5. Julian says he will make the repair _______________________.
(a) While it is still light out
(b) Because he has the tools
(c) While he is still sober
(d) Instead of calling for help
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian tell Lute?
2. What is both a benefit and a drawback for Ed as it relates to Helene's behavior?
3. Of all the men she dated which one seemed to be the right man for her to marry?
4. What does Caroline want Julian to do?
5. Who manages the Stage Coach Inn?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)