|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Ed cannot go to the Stage Coach Inn tonight?
(a) His car is broken
(b) His son broke his arm
(c) He got a flat tire
(d) He has the flu
2. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Burger and fries
(b) Meat loaf dinner
(c) Ham dinner
(d) Turkey dinner
3. What is Julian's wife's name?
4. What does Lute want to take to the party?
(a) His own liquor
(d) Deli trays
5. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
(a) Landon Street
(b) Lantenengo Street
(c) Maple Street
(d) Landis Street
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Al used to do?
2. What is William Dilworth English's profession?
3. Who is the man telling a story in a corner of the room?
4. Where does Al Grecco live?
5. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Foxie tell Al about Ed's girlfriend, Helene?
2. How does the author use another instance of foreshadowing for a climactic event soon to come?
3. What does this chapter reveal about the story's protagonist, Julian English?
4. How does the author contrast Lute Fliegler to Julian English in this chapter?
5. Why does the author choose to describe more of the setting in Chapter 3, Part 1?
6. How do the Englishes behave toward Julian and Caroline at Christmas dinner?
7. What does William English do for the first ten years after his father's death?
8. How does alcohol become a status symbol during the 1920s and 1930s?
9. What were the repercussions of the coal strike in 1925?
10. In what way does Caroline show that she does not have any better coping skills that Julian does?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)