|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Al Grecco headed in Chapter 1, Part 3?
(a) Julian's house
(c) A New Year's Eve party
2. Where does Al Grecco live?
(c) Apollo Hotel
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Turkey dinner
(b) Burger and fries
(c) Meat loaf dinner
(d) Ham dinner
5. Who is William Dilworth English?
(a) Julian's brother
(b) Julian's father
(c) Julian's grandfather
(d) Julian's nephew
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian's mother scold him for?
2. From where does Caroline return this morning?
3. What is the distinction Julian has with Ed Charney?
4. Who is Al Grecco's boss?
5. How could the late-1920s be characterized for Gibbsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline threaten Julian with if he does not straighten out the mess with Harry?
2. Describe Julian's father.
3. How does the author address the topic of alcoholism?
4. What do Al and Foxie do in order to avoid any problems with Helene tonight?
5. How is Lute portrayed as a generous and thoughtful person?
6. What is the main industry for the city of Gibbsville?
7. How do Julian and Caroline use sex as punishment and reward in their relationship?
8. Explain the etiquette dynamics of parties held in Gibbsville in regard to escorts for the women.
9. What becomes clear about Julian's life which would explain much of his behavior recently?
10. How does Julian's cycle of alcohol abuse exhibit on this fateful night?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)