|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian have to stop the car to fix?
(a) The fuel pump
(b) The radiator belt
(c) A flat tire
(d) The tire chain
2. Who else is hosting a party at the club tonight?
(a) Lute and Irma Fliegler
(b) Julian's parents
(c) Ed Charney
(d) Harry Reilly's sister
3. What happened to Caroline's first love?
(a) He died from war injuries
(b) He moved to Seattle
(c) He was gay
(d) He married someone else
4. Who does Julian drive to see before going in to work?
5. Who do Al and Foxie arrange to sit at Helene's table?
6. At what time do Julian and Caroline leave Julian's parents' home?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 4:35 p.m.
(c) 8:15 p.m.
(d) 2:30 p.m.
7. Helene is mad because Al is watching her and ______________________.
(a) Ed is home with his wife and son
(b) She wrecked her car
(c) Someone stole her mink coat
(d) She lost a diamond earring
8. What does Julian tell Lute?
(a) He is fired
(b) He did not have sex with Helene
(c) He has cancer
(d) He should mind his own business
9. What does Al learn when he arrives?
(a) Helene is sick
(b) Helene has left with another guy
(c) Helene is already drunk
(d) Ed is coming later
10. Where do Lute and Irma Fliegler attend a Christmas night dinner dance?
(a) The Hyatt
(b) The country club
(c) The Stage Coach Inn
(d) The VFW hall
11. How does Julian enter the house when he returns home?
(b) Bounding in
(c) Walking very slowly
(d) Very noisily
12. Where does Julian drop Caroline off?
(a) The neighbors' home
(b) The Stage Coach Inn
13. What does Julian do after the reporter leaves?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Goes to the dealership
(c) Goes for a drive
(d) Drinks and listens to jazz records
14. Who was Caroline's first love as a young woman?
(a) Ed Charney
(b) A cousin from England
(c) A boy in her English class
(d) Lute Fliegler
15. Caroline mentions a woman who ruined her ___________ by having children.
(a) Sex life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Al doing at the Stage Coach Inn?
2. What does Monsignor Creedon tell Julian?
3. Who stops in to see Julian when he gets to work?
4. How does Julian try to not get too drunk tonight?
5. What is Foxie expecting later tonight?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)