|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a girl improve her social status in Gibbsville?
(a) Getting a career
(b) Having a baby
(c) Getting married
(d) Hosting great parties
2. What topic does Julian talk about?
(a) Lute's promotion
(c) The dealership
(d) New Year's Eve
3. Where are Julian and Caroline going as Chapter 4, Part 1 begins?
(a) His parents' home
(b) The country club
(c) The Cadillac dealership
4. Who was Caroline's second love?
(a) Ed Charney
(b) Joe Montgomery
(c) Mike MacKenzie
(d) Doug Ross
5. Helene is mad because Al is watching her and ______________________.
(a) Ed is home with his wife and son
(b) Someone stole her mink coat
(c) She wrecked her car
(d) She lost a diamond earring
6. How many miles does Al travel?
7. What topic does Caroline talk about on the way home?
(a) Tomorrow's party
(b) The gifts from his parents
(c) The situation with Harry
(d) The bracelet from Julian
8. How does Julian try to not get too drunk tonight?
(a) Plays a mental game
(b) Plays poker
(c) Dances with Caroline
(d) Plays billiards
9. What does Caroline tell her mother?
(a) She wants a divorce
(b) She lost her party guest list
(c) She needs some recipes
(d) She is pregnant
10. What religion is Harry Reilly?
11. What habit did Julian get into with other boys?
(a) Skinny dipping
(c) Breaking windows
(d) Peeking in windows
12. What happened to Caroline's first love?
(a) He died from war injuries
(b) He was gay
(c) He married someone else
(d) He moved to Seattle
13. Who was Caroline's first love as a young woman?
(a) A boy in her English class
(b) Lute Fliegler
(c) A cousin from England
(d) Ed Charney
14. What does Julian do after the reporter leaves?
(a) Goes to the dealership
(b) Goes for a drive
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Drinks and listens to jazz records
15. Who manages the Stage Coach Inn?
(a) Foxie Lebrix
(b) Julian English
(c) Ed Charney
(d) Lute Fliegler
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Al go?
2. Where do Lute and Irma Fliegler attend a Christmas night dinner dance?
3. To what city does Caroline take a trip which cuts short her second romance?
4. What does Julian have to stop the car to fix?
5. What do Al and Foxie want to remind Helene?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)