|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Caroline when she fell in love with Julian?
2. How much money does Julian think he needs for dealership expenses?
3. Who does Julian see at Harry's home?
(b) Harry's sister
4. What do Al and Foxie want to remind Helene?
(a) She needs to stop drinking
(b) She is behind on her rent
(c) She should behave like a lady
(d) She belongs to Ed
5. What does Julian have to stop the car to fix?
(a) The fuel pump
(b) A flat tire
(c) The radiator belt
(d) The tire chain
6. What does Foxie tell Al about Helene?
(a) She is getting married
(b) She is the prettiest woman he has ever seen
(c) She is broke
(d) She is a lot of trouble
7. Who stops in to see Julian when he gets to work?
8. Where does Julian typically get loans?
(a) Harry Reilly
(b) His father
(c) Brandywine Bank
(d) Gibbsville Trust
9. When is Julian and Caroline's party scheduled?
(a) The day after Christmas
(b) New Year's Day
(c) New Year's Eve
(d) Julian's birthday
10. To what city does Caroline take a trip which cuts short her second romance?
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
11. What happens when Julian arrives at Harry's home?
(a) He and Harry shake hands
(b) He and Harry get into a verbal battle
(c) He and Harry hit each other
(d) Harry refuses to see him
12. What is the mood between Julian and Caroline?
13. Julian says he will make the repair _______________________.
(a) While it is still light out
(b) Because he has the tools
(c) While he is still sober
(d) Instead of calling for help
14. What does Caroline want Julian to do?
(a) Smooth things over with Harry
(b) Adopt a child
(c) Drive slower
(d) Buy her a mink coat
15. What topic does Caroline talk about on the way home?
(a) The bracelet from Julian
(b) The gifts from his parents
(c) Tomorrow's party
(d) The situation with Harry
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Al Greco leave his hotel?
2. What does Harry's sister tell Julian?
3. How many times had Julian tried to run away from home as a boy?
4. Who do Al and Foxie arrange to sit at Helene's table?
5. How does Julian try to not get too drunk tonight?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)