|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ed feel about his wife?
(a) He loves her but doesn't like her
(b) He doesn't love her anymore
(c) He wants a divorce
(d) He is crazy about her
2. Who does Lute call?
(a) Car dealership
(c) Liquor store
3. What does Lute arrange to pick up?
(a) His mother
(c) Deli trays
(d) Studebaker sedan
4. Which family is the focus of Chapter 2, Part 2?
5. What does Al observe about the driver in the car ahead of him?
(a) The driver is wearing a tophat
(b) The driver is just a kid
(c) The driver is drunk
(d) The driver is wearing sunglasses
6. Who is William Dilworth English?
(a) Julian's grandfather
(b) Julian's brother
(c) Julian's nephew
(d) Julian's father
7. Whose opinion is Julian concerned with today?
(c) His father's
(d) His mother's
8. What day is it when Chapter 2, Part 3 begins?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) New Year's Eve
(d) Memorial Day
9. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
(a) Ed Charney
(b) Ross Campbell
(c) Lute Fliegler
(d) Julian English
10. What is the reason Ed cannot go to the Stage Coach Inn tonight?
(a) His son broke his arm
(b) He has the flu
(c) His car is broken
(d) He got a flat tire
11. Who is the driver of the car in front of Al?
12. What does Lute want to take to the party?
(a) His own liquor
(d) Deli trays
13. Caroline knows that Julian is jealous of ___________ attention toward her.
14. Where does Al Grecco live?
(a) Apollo Hotel
15. To whose point of view does the narrative transition in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does William English belong in Gibbsville?
2. In what year does this story currently take place?
3. From where does Caroline return this morning?
4. In what year did the coal strike occur?
5. Who is Ed Charney?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)