|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of coal are there?
2. In what room are the characters sitting?
(a) Dining Room
(b) Billiards Room
(c) Smoking Room
3. Julian's parents are critical of _________________.
(a) The Democrats
(b) The IRS
(c) The president
4. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor
5. Why was Al sent to prison?
(b) Assault and battery
6. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
(a) To get hookers
(b) To receive messages
(c) To make phone calls
(d) To make liquor deals
7. From what disease is William English's father assumed to have suffered?
(a) Heart disease
8. What is Julian's mood when he arrives?
9. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
(a) Mink Coat
(b) Vacation home
(c) Expensive bracelet
10. What is Lute's occupation?
(b) Mine worker
(d) Cadillac salesman
11. What day is it in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) New Year's Eve
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Christmas Day
12. Who is the man telling a story in a corner of the room?
(a) Ed Charney
(b) Mack MacGuire
(c) Harry Shannon
(d) Harry Reilly
13. What reminds Julian of his shameful behavior of the night before?
(a) Broken wine glasses
(b) His rumpled tuxedo
(c) Lipstick on his collar
(d) Caroline's empty bed
14. Who does Al see as he drives past the country club?
(a) Caroline and Irma
(b) Ed and Caroline
(c) Julian and Irma
(d) Julian and Caroline
15. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Irma look forward to next year?
2. Where does Lute tease Irma that other women may want to take him?
3. What day is it as the novel opens?
4. Which physician does William English not like?
5. In what city do Lute and Irma live?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)