|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian's mother scold him for?
(a) Developing a double chin
(b) Living in the wrong neighborhood
(c) Spending too much money
(d) Marrying the wrong girl
2. Who is the only person Julian wants to see today?
3. Which physician does William English not like?
4. Why was Al sent to prison?
(c) Assault and battery
5. What are the people in the room doing?
(b) Playing cards
(c) Playing billiards
(d) Having dinner
6. Where does Al Grecco live?
(b) Apollo Hotel
7. Caroline knows that Julian is jealous of ___________ attention toward her.
8. What is Irma planning for the afternoon?
9. Who is William Dilworth English?
(a) Julian's nephew
(b) Julian's father
(c) Julian's grandfather
(d) Julian's brother
10. Many people in Gibbsville still have ____________.
11. Julian's parents are very fond of ________________.
(b) Good wine
12. What was the profession of William English's father?
(b) Bank president
13. Who is Lute's boss?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Ed Charney
(c) Johnson Hall
(d) Julian English
14. How many types of coal are there?
15. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Turkey dinner
(b) Meat loaf dinner
(c) Burger and fries
(d) Ham dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lute decide to not take too much liquor to the party?
2. What does Julian's father chastise him for?
3. What industry did not boom for Gibbsville after 1925?
4. Who is Al Grecco's boss?
5. What does Ed do with the information Al provides him about people?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)