|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Julian and Caroline go today?
(a) Julian's parents' home
(b) The movies
(c) A book club meeting
2. Why do Julian and Caroline go to the answer to #97?
(a) Christmas dinner
(b) See friends
(d) See the latest film
3. What does Caroline ask Julian to do with the gift?
(a) Have it altered
(b) Have it engraved
(c) Return it
(d) Have the title put in her name
4. What does Lute arrange to pick up?
(a) His mother
(b) Deli trays
(c) Studebaker sedan
5. In what year does the story begin?
6. What sport did Al used to do?
(a) Horse racing
7. What does Irma think as she looks out the window?
(a) How she wants to talk to her mother
(b) How she can't wait until the kids get up
(c) How much she loves her husband
(d) How much she hates the Jewish family across the street
8. Gibbsville is a stronghold of ______________________.
(d) Union labor
9. In what room are the characters sitting?
(a) Billiards Room
(b) Dining Room
(c) Smoking Room
10. Who is the driver of the car in front of Al?
11. Who does Al see as he drives past the country club?
(a) Julian and Caroline
(b) Ed and Caroline
(c) Caroline and Irma
(d) Julian and Irma
12. What has Julian's father not yet learned?
(a) About Julian's behavior at the country club
(b) How to drive a car
(c) How to relax
(d) How to speak French
13. What is William English's political party affiliation?
14. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor
15. Who does Caroline say she will attempt to come to their party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed do with the information Al provides him about people?
2. What day is it when Chapter 2, Part 3 begins?
3. What industry did not boom for Gibbsville after 1925?
4. In what city do Lute and Irma live?
5. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)