|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
2. What industry did not boom for Gibbsville after 1925?
3. Who is Lute's boss?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Johnson Hall
(c) Ed Charney
(d) Julian English
4. Who has Julian apparently humiliated?
5. What does Julian's mother scold him for?
(a) Marrying the wrong girl
(b) Living in the wrong neighborhood
(c) Developing a double chin
(d) Spending too much money
6. Who is the only person Julian wants to see today?
7. Where does Al Grecco live?
(c) Apollo Hotel
8. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
(a) Lute Fliegler
(b) Ed Charney
(c) Julian English
(d) Ross Campbell
9. In what room are the characters sitting?
(a) Dining Room
(b) Billiards Room
(c) Smoking Room
10. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor
11. Who does Caroline say she will attempt to come to their party?
12. What is Julian's mood when he arrives?
13. Julian's parents are critical of _________________.
(b) The Democrats
(c) The president
(d) The IRS
14. How does Ed feel about his wife?
(a) He wants a divorce
(b) He doesn't love her anymore
(c) He loves her but doesn't like her
(d) He is crazy about her
15. What is the relationship between Julian and the person telling the story?
(a) He is Julian's fraternity brother
(b) He is Julian's brother
(c) He is Julian's father-in-law
(d) He has a lot of money invested in Julian's business
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose opinion is Julian concerned with today?
2. Who has made arrangements to let Al stay rent free?
3. What reminds Julian of his shameful behavior of the night before?
4. What does Caroline ask Julian to do with the gift?
5. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)