|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian's father chastise him for?
(a) His mistress
(b) His spending
(c) His drinking
(d) His clothes
2. What does Al observe about the driver in the car ahead of him?
(a) The driver is wearing a tophat
(b) The driver is drunk
(c) The driver is just a kid
(d) The driver is wearing sunglasses
3. How did William English's father die?
(a) Committed suicide
(b) Car accident
(c) Boating accident
(d) Heart attack
4. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
(a) To make phone calls
(b) To make liquor deals
(c) To receive messages
(d) To get hookers
5. What is the only day of the year that Ed Charney spends at home with his wife and son?
(a) His son's birthday
(b) New Year's Day
(c) Christmas Day
(d) His anniversary
6. What is the relationship between Julian and the person telling the story?
(a) He has a lot of money invested in Julian's business
(b) He is Julian's father-in-law
(c) He is Julian's fraternity brother
(d) He is Julian's brother
7. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Meat loaf dinner
(b) Burger and fries
(c) Turkey dinner
(d) Ham dinner
8. What is William English's religious affiliation?
9. Who does Al see as he drives past the country club?
(a) Julian and Caroline
(b) Caroline and Irma
(c) Julian and Irma
(d) Ed and Caroline
10. Who has made arrangements to let Al stay rent free?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Ed Charney
(c) Lute Fliegler
(d) Julian English
11. Gibbsville lies in the _____________________ region.
(d) Anthracite coal
12. What is the value of each gift given to Julian and Caroline?
13. When is the Englishs' party scheduled?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) The day after Christmas
(d) Christmas Eve
14. Where does Al Grecco live?
(d) Apollo Hotel
15. Who is the man telling a story in a corner of the room?
(a) Mack MacGuire
(b) Harry Shannon
(c) Harry Reilly
(d) Ed Charney
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story begin?
2. Who does Lute call?
3. At what time does Julian awaken?
4. Who is Ed Charney?
5. What day is it when Chapter 2, Part 3 begins?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)