|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline ask Julian to do with the gift?
(a) Have it altered
(b) Have the title put in her name
(c) Have it engraved
(d) Return it
2. How far does Al drive the car?
(a) To the edge of town
(b) To the country club
(c) To Julian's house
(d) To New York
3. Where do Julian and Caroline go today?
(a) Julian's parents' home
(b) The movies
(c) A book club meeting
4. Who is William Dilworth English?
(a) Julian's brother
(b) Julian's nephew
(c) Julian's grandfather
(d) Julian's father
5. What is William English's religious affiliation?
6. What is the distinction Julian has with Ed Charney?
(a) He can get booze on credit from Ed
(b) He is Ed's son-in-law
(c) He sells Ed a new Cadillac every year
(d) He is Ed's godson
7. Who does Caroline say she will attempt to come to their party?
8. What does Julian's father chastise him for?
(a) His mistress
(b) His drinking
(c) His spending
(d) His clothes
9. Which family is the focus of Chapter 2, Part 2?
10. What does Lute consider making to take to the party?
(a) Nacho dip
(b) Frozen margaritas
(d) Chocolate cake
11. What does Al yell from his car window?
(a) "Happy New Year!"
(b) "Merry Christmas, you stuck-up bastards!"
(c) "God bless us everyone!"
(d) "And to all a good night!"
12. After the strike it was too much trouble to ____________________.
(a) Switch back to coal
(b) Find new jobs
(c) Ship the coal
(d) Re-open the mines
13. From where does Caroline return this morning?
(a) Visiting the neighbor childen
(b) The supermarket
(c) Her mother's home
14. Caroline knows that Julian is jealous of ___________ attention toward her.
15. Who has made arrangements to let Al stay rent free?
(a) Julian English
(b) Lute Fliegler
(c) Ross Campbell
(d) Ed Charney
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
2. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
3. How much did Ed Charney give Al to have Ed's car washed after Al got out of prison?
4. What does Lute ask Irma if he has to wear?
5. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)