|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the strike, what did the people of Gibbsville begin to use in their homes?
(b) Oil burners
2. What is the only day of the year that Ed Charney spends at home with his wife and son?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) Christmas Day
(c) His son's birthday
(d) His anniversary
3. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Meat loaf dinner
(b) Turkey dinner
(c) Ham dinner
(d) Burger and fries
4. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
(a) Mink Coat
(c) Vacation home
(d) Expensive bracelet
5. How could the late-1920s be characterized for Gibbsville?
(a) High growth
(b) Not a boom time
(c) High prosperity
6. What day is it in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Christmas Eve
7. What are the people in the room doing?
(b) Having dinner
(c) Playing billiards
(d) Playing cards
8. What reminds Julian of his shameful behavior of the night before?
(a) Lipstick on his collar
(b) Caroline's empty bed
(c) His rumpled tuxedo
(d) Broken wine glasses
9. Where does Lute tease Irma that other women may want to take him?
(a) To the barn
(b) To the terrace
10. Who is the only person Julian wants to see today?
11. What is Lute's occupation?
(a) Mine worker
(c) Cadillac salesman
12. What was the profession of William English's father?
(d) Bank president
13. Why was Al sent to prison?
(c) Assault and battery
14. Where does Al Grecco live?
(d) Apollo Hotel
15. What is Irma planning for the afternoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian want to do to the person telling the story?
2. How does Ed feel about his wife?
3. How far does Al drive the car?
4. What is William Dilworth English's profession?
5. What does Julian's mother scold him for?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)