|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Julian and Caroline go to the answer to #97?
(b) See friends
(c) See the latest film
(d) Christmas dinner
2. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
(a) Landon Street
(b) Maple Street
(c) Landis Street
(d) Lantenengo Street
3. Who does Caroline say she will attempt to come to their party?
4. What is Lute's occupation?
(a) Cadillac salesman
(b) Mine worker
5. What is the value of each gift given to Julian and Caroline?
6. What is Julian's wife's name?
7. What is the relationship between Julian and the person telling the story?
(a) He is Julian's brother
(b) He is Julian's father-in-law
(c) He is Julian's fraternity brother
(d) He has a lot of money invested in Julian's business
8. What have the children done already this morning?
(a) Had a hearty breakfast
(b) Played in the snow
(c) Opened gifts and eaten candy
(d) Gone to church
9. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
(a) To make phone calls
(b) To make liquor deals
(c) To receive messages
(d) To get hookers
10. What is William Dilworth English's profession?
11. Who is the driver of the car in front of Al?
12. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
13. Gibbsville lies in the _____________________ region.
(b) Anthracite coal
14. What does Caroline ask Julian to do with the gift?
(a) Return it
(b) Have the title put in her name
(c) Have it engraved
(d) Have it altered
15. Many people in Gibbsville still have ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did William English's father die?
2. Who is William Dilworth English?
3. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
4. How many types of coal are there?
5. What is William English's political party affiliation?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)