|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
2. What are the people in the room doing?
(a) Playing billiards
(b) Having dinner
(d) Playing cards
3. What sport did Al used to do?
(c) Horse racing
4. As a result of the strike, what did the people of Gibbsville begin to use in their homes?
(d) Oil burners
5. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor
6. Who is Helene Holman?
(a) A singer at the Stage Coach Inn
(b) Caroline's sorority sister
(c) Lute's sister
(d) Irma's best friend
7. Who does Al see as he drives past the country club?
(a) Julian and Irma
(b) Ed and Caroline
(c) Julian and Caroline
(d) Caroline and Irma
8. How far does Al drive the car?
(a) To New York
(b) To Julian's house
(c) To the country club
(d) To the edge of town
9. What does Ed do with the information Al provides him about people?
(a) Sends flowers
(b) Blackmails them
(c) Sends direct mail
(d) Sells them real estate
10. Who is the driver of the car in front of Al?
11. To whose point of view does the narrative transition in this chapter?
12. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
(a) Burger and fries
(b) Ham dinner
(c) Meat loaf dinner
(d) Turkey dinner
13. What is the value of each gift given to Julian and Caroline?
14. What is the only day of the year that Ed Charney spends at home with his wife and son?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) His anniversary
(c) His son's birthday
(d) Christmas Day
15. What does Irma think as she looks out the window?
(a) How much she hates the Jewish family across the street
(b) How she can't wait until the kids get up
(c) How she wants to talk to her mother
(d) How much she loves her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lute consider making to take to the party?
2. What is Julian's wife's name?
3. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
4. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
5. How many people belong to this group?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)