|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ed Charney?
(a) Al Grecco's neighbor
(b) Lute Fliegler's brother-in-law
(c) Organized crime boss in the region
(d) Julian English's boss
2. What does Lute ask Irma if he has to wear?
(c) Dinner jacket
3. To what does Irma look forward to next year?
(a) Joining the country club
(b) Having another baby
(c) Buying a new house
(d) Going on vacation
4. In what year does this story currently take place?
5. Why does Lute decide to not take too much liquor to the party?
(a) He is stingy
(b) His wife doesn't want him to take any
(c) He doesn't drink alcohol
(d) He doesn't want his friends to drink and drive
6. In what room are the characters sitting?
(a) Billiards Room
(c) Dining Room
(d) Smoking Room
7. What does Caroline ask Julian to do with the gift?
(a) Have it engraved
(b) Return it
(c) Have the title put in her name
(d) Have it altered
8. What is Julian's mood when he arrives?
9. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Lute Fliegler
(c) Julian English
(d) Ed Charney
10. Where does Lute tease Irma that other women may want to take him?
(c) To the barn
(d) To the terrace
11. What sport did Al used to do?
(c) Horse racing
12. What have the children done already this morning?
(a) Played in the snow
(b) Gone to church
(c) Had a hearty breakfast
(d) Opened gifts and eaten candy
13. What do most people drink during this Prohibition Era?
(b) Rye and ginger ale
14. Why do Julian and Caroline go to the answer to #97?
(b) Christmas dinner
(c) See friends
(d) See the latest film
15. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
2. What reminds Julian of his shameful behavior of the night before?
3. What is Irma planning for the afternoon?
4. What is Al Grecco bringing with him?
5. Gibbsville lies in the _____________________ region.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)