|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who frequents this room?
(b) Inner circle of club members
(d) Business owners
2. What do most people drink during this Prohibition Era?
(a) Rye and ginger ale
3. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
4. Where do Julian and Caroline go today?
(a) Julian's parents' home
(b) A book club meeting
(c) The movies
5. Julian's parents are very fond of ________________.
(a) Good wine
6. What sport did Al used to do?
(c) Horse racing
7. Gibbsville is a stronghold of ______________________.
(d) Union labor
8. In what year does this story currently take place?
9. What did Julian get Caroline for Christmas?
(a) Expensive bracelet
(b) Mink Coat
(d) Vacation home
10. What does Al observe about the driver in the car ahead of him?
(a) The driver is drunk
(b) The driver is wearing sunglasses
(c) The driver is wearing a tophat
(d) The driver is just a kid
11. In what year did the coal strike occur?
12. Who is Ed Charney?
(a) Al Grecco's neighbor
(b) Julian English's boss
(c) Lute Fliegler's brother-in-law
(d) Organized crime boss in the region
13. Who is the only person Julian wants to see today?
14. In what year does the story begin?
15. Who is Helene Holman?
(a) A singer at the Stage Coach Inn
(b) Lute's sister
(c) Caroline's sorority sister
(d) Irma's best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it in Chapter 2, Part 2?
2. What does Al order for lunch at the Apollo?
3. At what time does Julian awaken?
4. What nationality is the person in #20?
5. From what disease is William English's father assumed to have suffered?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)