|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Julian and the person telling the story?
(a) He is Julian's brother
(b) He is Julian's father-in-law
(c) He is Julian's fraternity brother
(d) He has a lot of money invested in Julian's business
2. How does Julian's father view Julian's drinking?
(a) A fraternity prank
(b) A phase
(c) A character flaw
(d) A fatal flaw
3. What does Julian want to do to the person telling the story?
(a) Buy his dinner
(b) Introduce him to his sister
(c) Beat him at pool
(d) Throw a drink in his face
4. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
(a) Julian English
(b) Ed Charney
(c) Ross Campbell
(d) Lute Fliegler
5. Where does Lute tease Irma that other women may want to take him?
(c) To the barn
(d) To the terrace
6. Caroline knows that Julian is jealous of ___________ attention toward her.
7. What is Julian's mood when he arrives?
8. How many types of coal are there?
9. Who has Julian apparently humiliated?
10. What is the distinction Julian has with Ed Charney?
(a) He sells Ed a new Cadillac every year
(b) He can get booze on credit from Ed
(c) He is Ed's godson
(d) He is Ed's son-in-law
11. What does Irma think as she looks out the window?
(a) How she wants to talk to her mother
(b) How much she hates the Jewish family across the street
(c) How she can't wait until the kids get up
(d) How much she loves her husband
12. When is the Englishs' party scheduled?
(a) Christmas Eve
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) New Year's Day
(d) The day after Christmas
13. Who is Al Grecco's boss?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Lute Fliegler
(c) Julian English
(d) Ed Charney
14. What do both Julian and Caroline get from the Englishes?
(a) A new car
(b) Theater tickets
(c) Tickets for a cruise
(d) An envelope with money
15. What do most people drink during this Prohibition Era?
(a) Rye and ginger ale
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Al Grecco coming from as Chapter 1, Part 3 begins?
2. Many people in Gibbsville still have ____________.
3. In what year does this story currently take place?
4. What is William English's political party affiliation?
5. What college had Julian wanted to attend?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)