|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Julian and Caroline get from the Englishes?
(a) A new car
(b) Tickets for a cruise
(c) Theater tickets
(d) An envelope with money
2. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
3. Julian's parents are critical of _________________.
(a) The IRS
(b) The Democrats
(c) The president
4. When is the Englishs' party scheduled?
(a) The day after Christmas
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) Christmas Eve
(d) New Year's Day
5. In what year does the story begin?
6. What does Julian want to do to the person telling the story?
(a) Buy his dinner
(b) Introduce him to his sister
(c) Beat him at pool
(d) Throw a drink in his face
7. Whose opinion is Julian concerned with today?
(c) His mother's
(d) His father's
8. What does Al yell from his car window?
(a) "God bless us everyone!"
(b) "Merry Christmas, you stuck-up bastards!"
(c) "And to all a good night!"
(d) "Happy New Year!"
9. What is the value of each gift given to Julian and Caroline?
10. To what does Irma look forward to next year?
(a) Buying a new house
(b) Having another baby
(c) Going on vacation
(d) Joining the country club
11. What have the children done already this morning?
(a) Opened gifts and eaten candy
(b) Had a hearty breakfast
(c) Played in the snow
(d) Gone to church
12. Who does Al see as he drives past the country club?
(a) Ed and Caroline
(b) Julian and Caroline
(c) Julian and Irma
(d) Caroline and Irma
13. What does Ed do with the information Al provides him about people?
(a) Sends direct mail
(b) Sells them real estate
(c) Blackmails them
(d) Sends flowers
14. What day is it when Chapter 2, Part 3 begins?
(a) Memorial Day
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) Christmas Day
(d) Christmas Eve
15. Where does Al Grecco live?
(a) Apollo Hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only day of the year that Ed Charney spends at home with his wife and son?
2. What college had Julian wanted to attend?
3. Where is Al Grecco headed in Chapter 1, Part 3?
4. What industry did not boom for Gibbsville after 1925?
5. In what year does this story currently take place?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)