|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Julian and Caroline get from the Englishes?
(a) Theater tickets
(b) An envelope with money
(c) Tickets for a cruise
(d) A new car
2. How did the coal strike affect the people of Gibbsville?
(a) It was very positive
(b) It was beneficial
(c) It was disastrous
(d) It was a turning point
3. Who has Julian apparently humiliated?
4. What nationality is the person in #20?
5. Where do Julian and Caroline go today?
(a) Julian's parents' home
(c) A book club meeting
(d) The movies
6. What is William English's political party affiliation?
7. What is Irma planning for the afternoon?
8. Julian's parents are very fond of ________________.
(c) Good wine
9. Who has made arrangements to let Al stay rent free?
(a) Julian English
(b) Ross Campbell
(c) Ed Charney
(d) Lute Fliegler
10. What college had Julian wanted to attend?
11. What is the value of each gift given to Julian and Caroline?
12. Who is Al Grecco's boss?
(a) Ross Campbell
(b) Ed Charney
(c) Lute Fliegler
(d) Julian English
13. What is William Dilworth English's profession?
14. When is the Englishs' party scheduled?
(a) New Year's Eve
(b) Christmas Eve
(c) New Year's Day
(d) The day after Christmas
15. How far does Al drive the car?
(a) To the country club
(b) To New York
(c) To the edge of town
(d) To Julian's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who frequents this room?
2. Why does Ed like to have Al stationed at the Apollo Hotel?
3. What does Julian want to do to the person telling the story?
4. To whose point of view does the narrative transition in this chapter?
5. Who does Lute call?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)