|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julian's wife's name?
2. What are the people in the room doing?
(a) Playing cards
(b) Playing billiards
(c) Having dinner
3. How did the coal strike affect the people of Gibbsville?
(a) It was disastrous
(b) It was beneficial
(c) It was a turning point
(d) It was very positive
4. What does Ed do with the information Al provides him about people?
(a) Sends direct mail
(b) Sends flowers
(c) Blackmails them
(d) Sells them real estate
5. What does Irma think as she looks out the window?
(a) How she wants to talk to her mother
(b) How she can't wait until the kids get up
(c) How much she hates the Jewish family across the street
(d) How much she loves her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lute call?
2. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
3. What does Al observe about the driver in the car ahead of him?
4. How many people belong to this group?
5. What is the setting for Chapter 1, Part 2?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)