Chapter 1, Part 1
1. Who wakes his wife as the story begins?
(a) Lute Fliegler
(b) Ross Campbell
(c) Julian English
(d) Ed Charney
2. What day is it as the novel opens?
(a) Fourth of July
(b) Christmas Day
(d) Memorial Day
3. What is the name of the wife mentioned in #1?
4. To whose point of view does the narrative transition in this chapter?
5. What does Irma think as she looks out the window?
(a) How much she loves her husband
(b) How much she hates the Jewish family across the street
(c) How she wants to talk to her mother
(d) How she can't wait until the kids get up
6. On what street do Lute and Irma live?
(a) Maple Street
(b) Lantenengo Street
(c) Landis Street
(d) Landon Street
7. In what city do Lute and Irma live?
8. What possession of her grandfather's does Irma wish she had?
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor
This section contains 3,294 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)