Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the Arch Vicar see for an unmutated male to join his church?
2. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
3. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
4. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
5. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between Dr. Poole and Loola. Why are they compatible souls? What aspects of humanity do they share? Why is Loola different from the other primitives? What does Loola have that Miss Ethel Hook does not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Huxley may have chosen to start Ape and Essence on the date of Gandhi's assassination. Explain Gandhi's historical significance. What kind of insight might an understanding of Gandhi's teaching have on some of the themes and messages of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Ape and Essence presents a dystopic view of the future. What is a dystopia? What are the features of such a place? What specific aspects of Ape and Essence are dystopic? Why might an author depict such a dystopia?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)