Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the Arch Vicar see for an unmutated male to join his church?
2. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
3. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
4. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
5. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the Arch Vicar's views? These would include:
a) theory of world history
b) theory of divinity and Belial
c) theory of demon possession
d) why his church is a positive influence
Essay Topic 2
What role does Polly play in Ape and Essence? Why is she important for the reader to better understand or empathize with the situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Science in Ape and Essence? How does science drive the plot? Character motivations? How does Huxley regard the pursuit of Science? Is science a danger as well as a potential boon? Explain.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)