|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(d) World history.
2. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(b) 3000 - 4000.
3. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
(a) The Arch Vicar.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
4. What is NOT given to Dr. Poole when he is assigned a job?
(a) A plot of land.
(b) A laboratory.
(c) Several laborers.
(d) Loola for his assistant.
5. Whose tombstone do Dr. Poole and Loola discover in the desert?
(a) Jefferson Thorpe.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) An unknown soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
2. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
3. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
4. When Loola is assigned to her new job, at which location does she work?
5. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect has the Industrial Revolution had on humanity according to the Arch Vicar?
2. What is Dr. Poole's reasoning for why Belial can never win in his battle against mankind?
3. What commentary does the script narrator offer about joy (as described in a poem by Shelley) and the possibility of joy in the ape-mind?
4. What restrictions are placed on mating in the primitive community? What happens to those who dare to disobey?
5. How does the poetry of Percy Shelley contribute to the development of romance between Dr. Poole and Loola?
6. Why does Loola feel that Dr. Poole is different from other men she has known?
7. Describe the initial entrance of the Arch Vicar.
8. What is the Arch Vicar's stance on the reality of demonic possession?
9. What is peculiar about the babies being prepared for the Purification Ceremonies?
10. How does the Arch Vicar find out about Dr. Poole's escape? How does he react?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)