|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A book of Shelley's poetry.
(d) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
2. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
(c) The Arch Vicar.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
(a) The Arizona Desert.
(b) The Mojave Desert.
(c) The Arabian Desert.
(d) Death Valley.
4. What religion is Dr. Poole?
5. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) Cocktail Lounge.
(b) The Unholy of Unholies.
(c) Belial's Den.
(d) The High Altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to the deformation rate of babies in fifty years, according to the Arch Vicar?
2. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
3. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
4. What is the result of Dr. Poole and Loola's discussion in a car garage toward the end of the novel?
5. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)