|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arch Vicar's church structure is named after which saint?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. Peter.
(c) St. Azazel.
(d) St. Jerome.
2. When workers arrive to be assigned jobs for the year, what article of clothing are they given?
(a) Swimming trunks.
3. Whose tombstone do Dr. Poole and Loola discover in the desert?
(b) William Tallis.
(c) An unknown soldier.
(d) Jefferson Thorpe.
4. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Event.
(b) The Nuke.
(c) The Dimestore Disaster.
(d) The Thing.
5. What will happen to the deformation rate of babies in fifty years, according to the Arch Vicar?
(a) It will stay about the same.
(b) It will halve.
(c) It will double
(d) It will triple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
2. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
3. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
4. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
5. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, did Belial need the atomic bomb to assure the destruction of mankind?
2. List the allusions/references found in this section of the text.
3. Describe the final scene of the film involving William Tallis' gravestone.
4. Provide the following characters' views on sex: the Arch Vicar, the Chief, and Dr. Poole.
5. What discussion do the Chief, Arch Vicar, and Dr. Poole have concerning food production?
6. Describe Dr. Poole's emotional state of mind after being ravished by the two mulatto girls.
7. What is the Arch Vicar's theory of history? What does this have to do with the "Order of Things"?
8. How does the poetry of Percy Shelley contribute to the development of romance between Dr. Poole and Loola?
9. What is peculiar about the babies being prepared for the Purification Ceremonies?
10. How is Loola finally swayed to run away with Dr. Poole?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)