|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Poole, what happens when "evil is carried to the limit"?
(a) It becomes good.
(b) It is always counteracted by great good.
(c) It destroys itself.
(d) It destroys mankind.
2. What is Loola threatened with when she objects to her assigned job?
(a) Death by hanging.
(b) The isolation chamber.
(c) Twenty-five lashes.
3. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
(a) Director of Food Production.
(b) Chorus Singer.
(d) Mining cemetery worker.
4. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
(a) Two Postulants.
(b) The Arch Vicar.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
5. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which garage does Dr. Poole meet with Loola in a car to have a discussion about the nature of evil?
2. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
3. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
4. When Loola is assigned to her new job, at which location does she work?
5. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to young boys who show early signs of sexual aggression in the primitive community?
2. How does the Arch Vicar defend his religion's practices with respect to Dr. Poole's own religion?
3. What effect has the Industrial Revolution had on humanity according to the Arch Vicar?
4. Does the Arch Vicar wish for Dr. Poole to join the church? Why or why not?
5. Describe the moment in which Dr. Poole and Loola discover romantic feelings for one another, rather than lust.
6. What is Dr. Poole's reasoning for why Belial can never win in his battle against mankind?
7. Describe what occurs immediately preceding Dr. Poole's faint at the Purification Ceremonies.
8. According to the Arch Vicar, did Belial need the atomic bomb to assure the destruction of mankind?
9. What became of the Canterbury and its crew, ultimately?
10. Describe the initial entrance of the Arch Vicar.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)