|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) Belial's Den.
(b) The Unholy of Unholies.
(c) Cocktail Lounge.
(d) The High Altar.
2. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
3. When Loola is assigned to her new job, at which location does she work?
(a) Silver Ore Mine.
(b) The Los Angeles Coliseum.
(c) The lab of the Director of Food Production.
(d) Hollywood cemetery.
4. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
(b) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
(c) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
(d) It represented the apex of civilization.
5. According to Dr. Poole, why can Belial never win the war for humanity's soul?
(a) He is a coward and can't do the truly dirty work it would take.
(b) He cannot resist the temptation to take evil so far that it necessarily fails.
(c) At his core, Belial has a good heart.
(d) Belial can corrupt animals, but humans are too intelligent to fall for his tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
2. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
3. Which two concepts does the Arch Vicar blame for the fall of mankind?
4. According to the Arch Vicar, why do his people worship the Devil?
5. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Dr. Poole's rape.
2. What difference does the narrator make between conscience and customs?
3. What restrictions are placed on mating in the primitive community? What happens to those who dare to disobey?
4. What scientific reason does the script narrator give for the restrictive mating season of the primitives?
5. What became of the Canterbury and its crew, ultimately?
6. What effect has the Industrial Revolution had on humanity according to the Arch Vicar?
7. According to the Arch Vicar, did Belial need the atomic bomb to assure the destruction of mankind?
8. What is Dr. Poole's reasoning for why Belial can never win in his battle against mankind?
9. Describe what occurs immediately preceding Dr. Poole's faint at the Purification Ceremonies.
10. Describe Dr. Poole's emotional state of mind after being ravished by the two mulatto girls.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)