|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
(b) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
(c) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
(d) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
3. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(c) Murcia, California.
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The ship called the Canterbury.
(b) A gathering of baboons.
(c) The title.
(d) The name of the producer.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(c) The day World War II formally ended.
(d) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
2. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
3. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
4. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
5. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bob Briggs help Rosie?
2. Describe the first moment of commonality shared by Dr. Poole and Loola following the rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
3. How is Dr. Poole described? What does Dr. Schneeglock think of him?
4. List the allusions/references found in this section of the text.
5. Describe the circumstances during which Dr. Poole is kidnapped.
6. Describe the scene in which baboons are gathered at a palace.
7. List the allusions/references found in this section of the text.
8. Set the scene for the opening of the novel. What is happening? When?
9. How is Dr. Poole able to argue his way out of being buried alive?
10. Why does the Chief order his gravediggers to bury Dr. Poole?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)