|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(b) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(c) He offers to give his boat to them.
(d) He offers to fix their train.
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
(c) Michael Faraday.
(d) Isaac Newton.
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) A Moldavian baron.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Tallis died from ___________.
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bob Briggs appraisal of Gandhi?
2. Describe the scene in which baboons are gathered at a palace.
3. How is Dr. Poole able to argue his way out of being buried alive?
4. Describe the moment involving a religious rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
5. Describe the circumstances during which Dr. Poole is kidnapped.
6. Why is the Chief concerned about the present mating season?
7. Describe the Chief's conception of "Democracy."
8. List the allusions/references found in this section of the text.
9. What does Bob Briggs ask Lou Lublin for, and why? How does this relate to a religious painting?
10. List the allusions/references found in this section of the text.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)