|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
(b) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(c) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(d) By shaving their heads.
2. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(c) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) His home was recently robbed.
(b) He has made a series of poor investments.
(c) He has accrued gambling debts.
(d) He owes back taxes.
4. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
(c) Michael Faraday.
(d) Isaac Newton.
5. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
2. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
3. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
4. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
5. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final scene of the film involving William Tallis' gravestone.
2. Why was Gandhi killed according to the narrator?
3. Why are the gravediggers robbing graves?
4. What commentary does the script narrator offer about joy (as described in a poem by Shelley) and the possibility of joy in the ape-mind?
5. How do Chief and Dr. Poole clash over books at Pershing Square?
6. What scientific reason does the script narrator give for the restrictive mating season of the primitives?
7. How does the Arch Vicar defend his religion's practices with respect to Dr. Poole's own religion?
8. Describe what occurs immediately preceding Dr. Poole's faint at the Purification Ceremonies.
9. According to the Arch Vicar, did Belial need the atomic bomb to assure the destruction of mankind?
10. What is the importance of where Tallis preferred to be buried?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)