|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
(b) Dr. Poole.
(c) The Rat King.
(d) Boss Man.
2. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
(a) The Observatory.
(b) Pershing Square.
(c) Lincoln Park.
(d) The Cocktail Bar.
3. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
(a) Chief is surprised New Zealand still had boats.
(b) Chief feels only the devil rides on a boat.
(c) Chief feels boats are magic.
(d) The Chief is indifferent to Dr. Poole's admission.
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(d) Singer and actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
3. William Tallis died from ___________.
4. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What background information is the narrator able to learn about William Tallis?
2. What effect has the Industrial Revolution had on humanity according to the Arch Vicar?
3. Describe the moment in which Dr. Poole and Loola discover romantic feelings for one another, rather than lust.
4. Describe what occurs immediately preceding Dr. Poole's faint at the Purification Ceremonies.
5. Describe the final scene of the film involving William Tallis' gravestone.
6. Describe the moment involving a religious rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
7. Why are the gravediggers robbing graves?
8. What point does the script narrator make about baboons and knowledge?
9. What is peculiar about the babies being prepared for the Purification Ceremonies?
10. What is the importance of where Tallis preferred to be buried?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)