|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) Robots who turned on their masters.
(b) World War Three.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Men are possessed by Belial.
(b) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(c) Women are possessed by Belial.
(d) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
4. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A riding switch.
(d) A candlestick.
5. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) An Autocratic.
(b) A Democracy.
(c) A Republic.
(d) A Dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
5. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first moment of commonality shared by Dr. Poole and Loola following the rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
2. What is the narrator's point about love and fear when describing the crew of the Canterbury?
3. How do Chief and Dr. Poole clash over books at Pershing Square?
4. What is the New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition, and what is its mission?
5. How is Dr. Poole described? What does Dr. Schneeglock think of him?
6. How do Bob Briggs and the narrator initially become interested in "Ape and Essence"?
7. Why does the Chief order his gravediggers to bury Dr. Poole?
8. Describe the landing of the Canterbury and the crew's first sight of land.
9. Describe the opening of the movie "Ape and Essence."
10. Why are the gravediggers robbing graves?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)