|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Dr. Canterbury.
(b) Dr. Cudworth.
(c) Professor Grampian.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) They will run out of food.
(b) She will bear a deformed baby.
(c) Chief will kill her.
(d) She is slowly dying from radiation.
3. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) The Purification Ceremonies.
(b) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Devil's Dance.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(d) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
5. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) A gathering of baboons.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) The ship called the Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
2. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
3. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
4. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's point about love and fear when describing the crew of the Canterbury?
2. What is Bob Briggs appraisal of Gandhi?
3. Describe the first moment of commonality shared by Dr. Poole and Loola following the rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
4. Describe the opening of the movie "Ape and Essence."
5. Describe what occurs immediately preceding Dr. Poole's faint at the Purification Ceremonies.
6. Describe the circumstances of Dr. Poole's rape.
7. Why was Gandhi killed according to the narrator?
8. How does the Arch Vicar find out about Dr. Poole's escape? How does he react?
9. Why does Loola feel that Dr. Poole is different from other men she has known?
10. What background information is the narrator able to learn about William Tallis?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)