|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(c) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(d) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Republic.
(b) A Democracy.
(c) A Dictatorship.
(d) An Autocratic.
3. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(d) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
4. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
5. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
(a) The Cocktail Bar.
(b) Pershing Square.
(c) Lincoln Park.
(d) The Observatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
2. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
5. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the moment involving a religious rite practiced by the Satanic Science Practitioner.
2. Describe the Chief's conception of "Democracy."
3. What is the importance of where Tallis preferred to be buried?
4. How do Chief and Dr. Poole clash over books at Pershing Square?
5. What are the specifics of Bob Briggs' personal troubles at the outset of the novel?
6. What point does the script narrator make about baboons and knowledge?
7. How does Bob Briggs help Rosie?
8. Why does the Chief order his gravediggers to bury Dr. Poole?
9. Describe the scene in which baboons are gathered at a palace.
10. How is Dr. Poole described? What does Dr. Schneeglock think of him?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)