|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor's Chief Assistant.
2. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
(a) He is caught up in the mob mentality and cheers along with everyone else.
(b) He chokes the Patriarch of Pasadena to death.
(c) He faints.
(d) He becomes angered and must be restrained.
3. According to Dr. Poole, what happens when "evil is carried to the limit"?
(a) It is always counteracted by great good.
(b) It destroys mankind.
(c) It becomes good.
(d) It destroys itself.
4. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
(a) Couples are only allowed to mate during a two-week interval.
(b) Women are artificially inseminated.
(c) Only the most athletically gifted are allowed to mate.
(d) There are no restrictions on procreation.
5. Who is NOT among Dr. Poole's initial guests to his new laboratory?
(a) Director of Food Production.
(d) Arch Vicar.
6. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
7. Where do the Hots live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New Zealand.
8. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(c) 3000 - 4000.
9. In what year was William Tallis born?
10. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
(c) Two hundred.
11. When evil destroys itself, what notion returns back to humanity?
(a) The Order of Things.
(b) The Phoenix Bird.
(c) The Spirit of Belial.
(d) The Unholy of Holies.
12. What religion is Dr. Poole?
13. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Air bomb the entire area.
(c) Stage a military rescue.
(d) Leave him.
14. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(b) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
(c) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(d) He gives him a walking tour.
15. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
(a) The destruction of the earth.
(b) The wickedness of graverobbing.
(c) The appeasement of Belial.
(d) The enlightenment of the soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
2. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
3. What does Flossie think about Loola's relationship with Dr. Poole?
4. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
5. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)