|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Poole and Loola stop for a night after their escape, they are thirty miles outside of what town?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) San Diego.
2. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
(a) The Hots have a formal, highly controlling religious hierarchy.
(b) The Hots do not possess a written language.
(c) The Hots have leprous skin conditions due to radiation.
(d) The Hots do not place restrictions on mating/romance.
3. When evil destroys itself, what notion returns back to humanity?
(a) The Spirit of Belial.
(b) The Order of Things.
(c) The Unholy of Holies.
(d) The Phoenix Bird.
4. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
(a) Death Valley.
(b) The Arizona Desert.
(c) The Mojave Desert.
(d) The Arabian Desert.
5. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(a) Scientifically curious.
(d) Excited, yet revolted.
6. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) An abandoned warehouse.
(c) The corner of Sunset and Vine.
(d) The Los Angeles Coliseum.
7. Which, according to the script's narrator, is not one of the "fruits of the ape-mind"?
8. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
(d) Demonic possession.
9. The desert tombstone has poetry from which poet inscribed on it?
(a) Ben Jonson.
(b) W. B. Yeats.
(c) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(d) Walt Whitman.
10. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
11. In what year did William Tallis die?
12. According to the Arch Vicar, why do his people worship the Devil?
(a) They feed off his power and wish to be possessed by his spirit.
(b) The Devil holds the key to rational behavior and beliefs for mankind.
(c) In order to delay the horror of the inevitable for moments longer.
(d) The Devil has humanity's best interests at heart.
13. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) The Arch Vicar.
(c) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(d) The Postulant.
14. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
(b) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
(c) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
(d) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
15. Where do Dr. Poole and Loola first have sex?
(a) In the Hollywood cemetery.
(b) In Dr. Poole's laboratory.
(c) In the field.
(d) In the Unholy of Holies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Poole, what happens when "evil is carried to the limit"?
2. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
3. According to Dr. Poole, why can Belial never win the war for humanity's soul?
4. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
5. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)