|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For about how long does Dr. Poole work on the assignment given to him by the primitive community?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four days.
2. According to Dr. Poole, why can Belial never win the war for humanity's soul?
(a) Belial can corrupt animals, but humans are too intelligent to fall for his tricks.
(b) At his core, Belial has a good heart.
(c) He is a coward and can't do the truly dirty work it would take.
(d) He cannot resist the temptation to take evil so far that it necessarily fails.
3. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
(a) They are sacrificed on the high altar.
(b) They are castrated.
(c) Their aggression is encouraged for the good of the community.
(d) They are chained in a dungeon.
4. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The Baker's Store.
(b) The High Altar.
(c) The Seminary.
(d) The Unholy of Unholies.
5. The Hots community has what relationship to the government of the primitives?
(a) The Hots are secretly led by the government, and so secretly follow its orders.
(b) The Hots community does not honor any government edicts or demands.
(c) The Hots cower in front of the government and will honor any request.
(d) The Hots benefit financially from following governmental orders.
6. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(b) Scientifically curious.
(c) Excited, yet revolted.
7. What is NOT given to Dr. Poole when he is assigned a job?
(a) A laboratory.
(b) Loola for his assistant.
(c) Several laborers.
(d) A plot of land.
8. According to the Arch Vicar, how long has mankind pitted itself against Nature?
(a) 100,000 years.
(b) Three centuries.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty years.
9. What will happen to the deformation rate of babies in fifty years, according to the Arch Vicar?
(a) It will triple.
(b) It will double
(c) It will stay about the same.
(d) It will halve.
10. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
(a) Six months.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Five years.
11. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
(a) The blood represents the demons leaving the baby's body.
(b) Dr. Poole needs to be a man and toughen up.
(c) Dr. Poole's own religion is a history full of bloodshed.
(d) The Arch Vicar hurries him away and agrees that it is a terrible sight.
12. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
(a) Only the most athletically gifted are allowed to mate.
(b) There are no restrictions on procreation.
(c) Couples are only allowed to mate during a two-week interval.
(d) Women are artificially inseminated.
13. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(b) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(c) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(d) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
14. To what university is Dr. Poole assigned?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) The University of Southern California.
(d) Pepperdine University.
15. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
(a) Chief wishes the process to go significantly faster.
(b) Dr. Poole is providing no plans to provide for most of Chief's favorite foods.
(c) Chief feels Dr. Poole is being overly optimistic.
(d) Chief is convinced Dr. Poole wishes to poison the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which garage does Dr. Poole meet with Loola in a car to have a discussion about the nature of evil?
2. When evil destroys itself, what notion returns back to humanity?
3. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
4. The Arch Vicar's church structure is named after which saint?
5. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)