|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He only participates in sex for procreation.
(b) It is revolting.
(c) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(d) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
2. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Air bomb the entire area.
(c) Stage a military rescue.
(d) Leave him.
3. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
(a) He finds no value in books.
(b) He likes to talk to her.
(c) He is a man of action rather than words.
(d) He expresses contempt for deformed babies.
4. To what university is Dr. Poole assigned?
(b) Stanford University.
(c) The University of Southern California.
(d) Pepperdine University.
5. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
(a) The High Altar.
(b) The Occasional Table.
(c) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(d) Belial's Butcher Block.
6. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
7. What relationship does the Arch Vicar urge for Dr. Poole with respect to the church?
(a) The Arch Vicar encourages Dr. Poole to become a full member.
(b) The Arch Vicar wishes to expel Dr. Poole from the church because of his lustful ways.
(c) The Arch Vicar thinks Dr. Poole is not enlightened enough to understand the church.
(d) The Arch Vicar thinks Dr. Poole would be a bad influence on the church.
8. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
(a) Gravedigger Manager.
(b) Robotics Technician.
(c) Assistant to the Director of Food Production.
(d) High Altar Supplicant.
9. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(b) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(c) Glory to Belial.
(d) All Hail Wickedness.
10. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(b) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(c) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(d) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
11. In which garage does Dr. Poole meet with Loola in a car to have a discussion about the nature of evil?
(c) The Unholy of Holies.
(d) St. Azazel's.
12. Which, according to the script's narrator, is not one of the "fruits of the ape-mind"?
13. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(b) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
(c) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(d) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
14. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) The Arch-Vicar.
(c) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(d) The Postulant.
15. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) He was more fun than her other partners.
(b) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
(c) She loves him desperately.
(d) He was a terrible lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
2. When workers arrive to be assigned jobs for the year, what article of clothing are they given?
3. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
4. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
5. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)