|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dr. Poole and Loola first have sex?
(a) In the Unholy of Holies.
(b) In Dr. Poole's laboratory.
(c) In the Hollywood cemetery.
(d) In the field.
2. Where do the Hots live?
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
(b) Two hundred.
4. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
(a) Chief is convinced Dr. Poole wishes to poison the community.
(b) Chief feels Dr. Poole is being overly optimistic.
(c) Chief wishes the process to go significantly faster.
(d) Dr. Poole is providing no plans to provide for most of Chief's favorite foods.
5. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
6. What does the Arch Vicar tell Dr. Poole about his scientist friends?
(a) They are coming for him now, and he must make a choice as to where to go.
(b) They are all dead from gamma radiation.
(c) They were malnourished and fell to a pack of wolves.
(d) They were wounded trying to find him, and there will be no rescue.
7. When evil destroys itself, what notion returns back to humanity?
(a) The Spirit of Belial.
(b) The Order of Things.
(c) The Unholy of Holies.
(d) The Phoenix Bird.
8. When Dr. Poole and Loola stop for a night after their escape, they are thirty miles outside of what town?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) San Diego.
9. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The Seminary.
(b) The Baker's Store.
(c) The Unholy of Unholies.
(d) The High Altar.
10. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
(b) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
(c) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
(d) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
11. What religion is Dr. Poole?
12. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
(a) The enlightenment of the soul.
(b) The destruction of the earth.
(c) The wickedness of graverobbing.
(d) The appeasement of Belial.
13. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) The Arch Vicar.
14. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
(b) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
(c) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(d) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
15. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
(b) A failure to understand history.
(d) Drug use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
2. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
3. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
4. According to the Arch Vicar, why do his people worship the Devil?
5. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)