|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
(a) The corner of Sunset and Vine.
(b) The San Diego Zoo.
(c) The Los Angeles Coliseum.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
2. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) He was more fun than her other partners.
(b) She loves him desperately.
(c) He was a terrible lover.
(d) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
3. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
(b) Drug use.
(d) A failure to understand history.
4. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Stage a military rescue.
(b) Air bomb the entire area.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
5. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
(b) Scientific curiosity.
6. Who "ravishes" Dr. Poole during mating season?
(b) Two Postulants.
(c) Two young mulatto girls.
7. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
(a) By using drugs.
(b) By sacrificing deformed babies.
(c) By destroying their environment.
(d) By impregnating women.
8. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
(a) The wickedness of graverobbing.
(b) The destruction of the earth.
(c) The enlightenment of the soul.
(d) The appeasement of Belial.
9. Which two concepts does the Arch Vicar blame for the fall of mankind?
(a) Individualism and Joy.
(b) Socialism and Generosity.
(c) Enlightenment and Generosity.
(d) Progress and Nationalism.
10. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) The High Altar.
(c) The Occasional Table.
(d) Belial's Butcher Block.
11. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him a walking tour.
(b) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(c) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(d) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
12. In what year did William Tallis die?
13. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Event.
(b) The Nuke.
(c) The Dimestore Disaster.
(d) The Thing.
14. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) The High Altar.
(b) The Unholy of Unholies.
(c) Belial's Den.
(d) Cocktail Lounge.
15. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
(a) Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Pope of Darkness.
(c) Arch Vicar of Belial.
(d) The Cardinal of Sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
2. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
3. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
4. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
5. What relationship does the Arch Vicar urge for Dr. Poole with respect to the church?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)