|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) The Unholy of Unholies.
(b) The High Altar.
(c) Belial's Den.
(d) Cocktail Lounge.
2. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and December 31.
(b) April 4 through May 21.
(c) December 10 and December 17.
(d) January 1 and March 1.
3. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
4. Whose tombstone do Dr. Poole and Loola discover in the desert?
(a) William Tallis.
(c) An unknown soldier.
(d) Jefferson Thorpe.
5. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
(b) A failure to understand history.
(c) Drug use.
6. In what year was William Tallis born?
7. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) She loves him desperately.
(b) He was a terrible lover.
(c) He was more fun than her other partners.
(d) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
8. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
(a) They will probably have a deformed baby.
(b) He is always joking and never takes anything seriously, which annoys her.
(c) He is a foreigner, and foreigners are evil and not to be trusted.
(d) It is against the law.
9. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) Gamma radiation.
(c) An arrow shot by a primitive.
10. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
(a) Mining cemetery worker.
(c) Director of Food Production.
(d) Chorus Singer.
11. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
(a) Two hundred.
12. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Event.
(b) The Thing.
(c) The Nuke.
(d) The Dimestore Disaster.
13. What advantage does the Arch Vicar see for an unmutated male to join his church?
(a) The church will instill values of hard work and friendship.
(b) The church will kill all lust and temptation in the man.
(c) The church will greatly add to the probability that the man sires a healthy baby.
(d) The church will continue to protect the man from mutation.
14. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(b) Addressing the congregation.
(c) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(d) Reading in his seminary.
15. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
(a) One year.
(b) Forty days and nights.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Two generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
2. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
3. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
4. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
5. Which, according to the script's narrator, is not one of the "fruits of the ape-mind"?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)