|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage does the Arch Vicar see for an unmutated male to join his church?
(a) The church will kill all lust and temptation in the man.
(b) The church will instill values of hard work and friendship.
(c) The church will continue to protect the man from mutation.
(d) The church will greatly add to the probability that the man sires a healthy baby.
2. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
(a) Director of Food Production.
(b) Chorus Singer.
(d) Mining cemetery worker.
3. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) Belial's Butcher Block.
(c) The High Altar.
(d) The Occasional Table.
4. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
(a) They are sacrificed on the high altar.
(b) Their aggression is encouraged for the good of the community.
(c) They are chained in a dungeon.
(d) They are castrated.
5. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The Seminary.
(b) The High Altar.
(c) The Unholy of Unholies.
(d) The Baker's Store.
6. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
(b) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
(c) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
(d) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
7. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him a walking tour.
(b) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(c) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(d) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
8. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(c) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
9. To what university is Dr. Poole assigned?
(a) The University of Southern California.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Pepperdine University.
10. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He only participates in sex for procreation.
(b) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(c) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(d) It is revolting.
11. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
(b) The Bible.
(c) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(d) A book of Shelley's poetry.
12. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
(a) The Pope of Darkness.
(b) Arch Vicar of Belial.
(c) The Cardinal of Sin.
(d) Satanic Science Practitioner.
13. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(b) Addressing the congregation.
(c) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(d) Reading in his seminary.
14. For about how long does Dr. Poole work on the assignment given to him by the primitive community?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Four days.
15. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
(a) They will probably have a deformed baby.
(b) It is against the law.
(c) He is a foreigner, and foreigners are evil and not to be trusted.
(d) He is always joking and never takes anything seriously, which annoys her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arch Vicar's church structure is named after which saint?
2. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
3. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
4. What does the Arch Vicar tell Dr. Poole about his scientist friends?
5. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)