|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For about how long does Dr. Poole work on the assignment given to him by the primitive community?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four days.
2. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him a walking tour.
(b) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
(c) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(d) He gives him night-vision goggles.
3. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
(a) A failure to understand history.
(b) Drug use.
4. According to Dr. Poole, why can Belial never win the war for humanity's soul?
(a) He is a coward and can't do the truly dirty work it would take.
(b) He cannot resist the temptation to take evil so far that it necessarily fails.
(c) Belial can corrupt animals, but humans are too intelligent to fall for his tricks.
(d) At his core, Belial has a good heart.
5. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(b) It is revolting.
(c) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(d) He only participates in sex for procreation.
6. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and December 31.
(b) December 10 and December 17.
(c) January 1 and March 1.
(d) April 4 through May 21.
7. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
(a) Chief is convinced Dr. Poole wishes to poison the community.
(b) Chief feels Dr. Poole is being overly optimistic.
(c) Dr. Poole is providing no plans to provide for most of Chief's favorite foods.
(d) Chief wishes the process to go significantly faster.
8. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
(b) Two Postulants.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
9. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
(b) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
(c) It represented the apex of civilization.
(d) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
10. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(b) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(c) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(d) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
11. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
(a) High Altar Supplicant.
(b) Gravedigger Manager.
(c) Assistant to the Director of Food Production.
(d) Robotics Technician.
12. The Hots community has what relationship to the government of the primitives?
(a) The Hots benefit financially from following governmental orders.
(b) The Hots community does not honor any government edicts or demands.
(c) The Hots cower in front of the government and will honor any request.
(d) The Hots are secretly led by the government, and so secretly follow its orders.
13. What is Loola threatened with when she objects to her assigned job?
(b) Death by hanging.
(c) The isolation chamber.
(d) Twenty-five lashes.
14. When evil destroys itself, what notion returns back to humanity?
(a) The Unholy of Holies.
(b) The Order of Things.
(c) The Spirit of Belial.
(d) The Phoenix Bird.
15. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
(a) The Hots have leprous skin conditions due to radiation.
(b) The Hots have a formal, highly controlling religious hierarchy.
(c) The Hots do not possess a written language.
(d) The Hots do not place restrictions on mating/romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
2. Where do the Hots live?
3. When Loola is assigned to her new job, at which location does she work?
4. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
5. What does Flossie think about Loola's relationship with Dr. Poole?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)