|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(b) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(c) Addressing the congregation.
(d) Reading in his seminary.
2. What is NOT given to Dr. Poole when he is assigned a job?
(a) Loola for his assistant.
(b) A laboratory.
(c) A plot of land.
(d) Several laborers.
3. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(b) Excited, yet revolted.
(c) Scientifically curious.
4. When Loola is assigned to her new job, who acts as a comforting friend and confidante?
(a) The Chief Assistant to the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Dr. Poole.
5. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(b) All Hail Wickedness.
(c) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(d) Glory to Belial.
6. According to the Arch Vicar, how long has mankind pitted itself against Nature?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Three centuries.
(c) Three years.
(d) 100,000 years.
7. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
(a) By using drugs.
(b) By sacrificing deformed babies.
(c) By destroying their environment.
(d) By impregnating women.
8. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
(a) The Arch Vicar.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Postulant.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
9. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(b) A poisonous snake.
(c) Gamma radiation.
(d) An arrow shot by a primitive.
10. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
11. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
(d) Demonic possession.
12. Who is NOT among Dr. Poole's initial guests to his new laboratory?
(a) Director of Food Production.
(d) Arch Vicar.
13. What religion is Dr. Poole?
14. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Nuke.
(b) The Dimestore Disaster.
(c) The Event.
(d) The Thing.
15. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(b) A book of Shelley's poetry.
(c) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
2. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
3. According to the Arch Vicar, why do his people worship the Devil?
4. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
5. According to Dr. Poole, what happens when "evil is carried to the limit"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)