|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(c) Gamma radiation.
(d) A poisonous snake.
2. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
(b) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
(c) It represented the apex of civilization.
(d) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
3. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The Baker's Store.
(b) The Seminary.
(c) The High Altar.
(d) The Unholy of Unholies.
4. Whose tombstone do Dr. Poole and Loola discover in the desert?
(b) An unknown soldier.
(c) William Tallis.
(d) Jefferson Thorpe.
5. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Postulant.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor's Chief Assistant.
6. At the end of the novel, where are Dr. Poole and Loola headed?
7. When Dr. Poole and Loola stop for a night after their escape, they are thirty miles outside of what town?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) San Diego.
8. What is Loola threatened with when she objects to her assigned job?
(a) Death by hanging.
(c) Twenty-five lashes.
(d) The isolation chamber.
9. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
(a) The Mojave Desert.
(b) The Arabian Desert.
(c) The Arizona Desert.
(d) Death Valley.
10. When workers arrive to be assigned jobs for the year, what article of clothing are they given?
(d) Swimming trunks.
11. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Glory to Belial.
(b) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(c) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(d) All Hail Wickedness.
12. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(d) The Arch-Vicar.
13. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
(a) Assistant to the Director of Food Production.
(b) Gravedigger Manager.
(c) High Altar Supplicant.
(d) Robotics Technician.
14. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(b) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(c) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(d) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
15. Who is NOT among Dr. Poole's initial guests to his new laboratory?
(b) Director of Food Production.
(c) Arch Vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
2. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
3. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
4. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
5. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)