|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dr. Poole and Loola first have sex?
(a) In Dr. Poole's laboratory.
(b) In the field.
(c) In the Unholy of Holies.
(d) In the Hollywood cemetery.
2. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(b) World history.
3. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
(a) He is always joking and never takes anything seriously, which annoys her.
(b) He is a foreigner, and foreigners are evil and not to be trusted.
(c) It is against the law.
(d) They will probably have a deformed baby.
4. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A book of Shelley's poetry.
(c) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(d) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
5. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
(a) The Occasional Table.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) Belial's Butcher Block.
(d) The High Altar.
6. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor's Chief Assistant.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
7. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(b) Gamma radiation.
(d) A poisonous snake.
8. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
(b) He was a terrible lover.
(c) She loves him desperately.
(d) He was more fun than her other partners.
9. What is NOT given to Dr. Poole when he is assigned a job?
(a) A laboratory.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) Several laborers.
(d) Loola for his assistant.
10. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(b) Glory to Belial.
(c) All Hail Wickedness.
(d) Glory Be to God and All Above.
11. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
(a) One thousand years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifty years.
12. Which desert do Dr. Poole and Loola cross to escape the primitive community?
(a) Death Valley.
(b) The Mojave Desert.
(c) The Arabian Desert.
(d) The Arizona Desert.
13. Who is NOT among Dr. Poole's initial guests to his new laboratory?
(a) Director of Food Production.
(d) Arch Vicar.
14. What is Loola threatened with when she objects to her assigned job?
(b) The isolation chamber.
(c) Twenty-five lashes.
(d) Death by hanging.
15. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and December 31.
(b) December 10 and December 17.
(c) April 4 through May 21.
(d) January 1 and March 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
2. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
3. Where do the Hots live?
4. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
5. According to the Arch Vicar, how long has mankind pitted itself against Nature?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)