|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He has accrued gambling debts.
(c) He has made a series of poor investments.
(d) His home was recently robbed.
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They died in World War I.
(b) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) William Tallis never had a family.
(d) They died in a car accident.
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) May 21, 1981.
(b) February 20, 2108.
(c) May 1, 2345.
(d) January 1, 2004.
4. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The baboon.
5. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(a) Murcia, California.
6. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
(a) In the fireplace of an abandoned mansion.
(b) The books are placed at regular intervals on the street and then lit individually.
(c) In a baker's oven.
(d) In a large bonfire.
7. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
(a) Men and their healthy babies.
(b) Gravediggers and criminals.
(c) Religious leaders and the chorus of youths.
(d) Women and their deformed babies.
8. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(b) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(c) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(d) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
9. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
(b) In his homeland of Germany.
(c) At sea.
(d) In the desert.
10. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
11. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(b) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(c) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
(d) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
12. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(b) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(c) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(d) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
13. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(b) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(c) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(d) A plump girl beside him.
14. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
15. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A library.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
2. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
5. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)