|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A riding switch.
(d) A spatula.
2. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Michael Faraday.
(d) Isaac Newton.
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He has made a series of poor investments.
(b) He owes back taxes.
(c) He has accrued gambling debts.
(d) His home was recently robbed.
4. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(c) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(d) The day World War II formally ended.
6. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Murcia, California.
7. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Canterbury.
(b) The Flying Dutchman.
(c) The Kiwi.
(d) The Worchestershire.
8. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) Robots who turned on their masters.
9. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
10. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(b) Lou Lublin.
(c) Bob Briggs.
(d) William Tallis
11. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) A Moldavian baron.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Lou Lublin.
12. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Democracy.
(b) A Dictatorship.
(c) An Autocratic.
(d) A Republic.
13. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) The Devil's Dance.
(c) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
14. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(b) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(c) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
(d) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
15. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In his homeland of Germany.
(b) At sea.
(c) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
(d) In the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
2. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
5. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)