|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Two hundred years.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six months.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(b) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(c) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(d) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
3. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(b) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(c) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(d) They would not have liked one another.
4. According to Dr. Poole, why can Belial never win the war for humanity's soul?
(a) He is a coward and can't do the truly dirty work it would take.
(b) He cannot resist the temptation to take evil so far that it necessarily fails.
(c) At his core, Belial has a good heart.
(d) Belial can corrupt animals, but humans are too intelligent to fall for his tricks.
5. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A riding switch.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A spatula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
2. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
3. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
4. Which, according to the script's narrator, is not one of the "fruits of the ape-mind"?
5. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)