|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Democracy.
(b) A Dictatorship.
(c) A Republic.
(d) An Autocratic.
2. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(c) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(d) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
3. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) Bob Briggs only.
(b) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(c) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(d) The narrator only.
4. What advantage does the Arch Vicar see for an unmutated male to join his church?
(a) The church will continue to protect the man from mutation.
(b) The church will instill values of hard work and friendship.
(c) The church will greatly add to the probability that the man sires a healthy baby.
(d) The church will kill all lust and temptation in the man.
5. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
(b) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(c) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
(d) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
2. In which garage does Dr. Poole meet with Loola in a car to have a discussion about the nature of evil?
3. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
4. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
5. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)