|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hots community has what relationship to the government of the primitives?
(a) The Hots cower in front of the government and will honor any request.
(b) The Hots benefit financially from following governmental orders.
(c) The Hots community does not honor any government edicts or demands.
(d) The Hots are secretly led by the government, and so secretly follow its orders.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(b) Crafts only the wicked.
(c) Produces only the sublime.
(d) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
3. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
4. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(c) World history.
5. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) W.B. Yeats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does the Arch Vicar urge for Dr. Poole with respect to the church?
2. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
4. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
5. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)