|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to the deformation rate of babies in fifty years, according to the Arch Vicar?
(a) It will stay about the same.
(b) It will triple.
(c) It will double
(d) It will halve.
2. To what university is Dr. Poole assigned?
(a) The University of Southern California.
(c) Pepperdine University.
(d) Stanford University.
3. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
4. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
(a) The Hots do not possess a written language.
(b) The Hots do not place restrictions on mating/romance.
(c) The Hots have leprous skin conditions due to radiation.
(d) The Hots have a formal, highly controlling religious hierarchy.
5. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(b) Men are possessed by Belial.
(c) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
(d) Women are possessed by Belial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
2. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
3. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
5. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)