|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
(a) In a baker's oven.
(b) The books are placed at regular intervals on the street and then lit individually.
(c) In a large bonfire.
(d) In the fireplace of an abandoned mansion.
2. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(b) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(c) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(d) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
3. What explanation does the Arch Vicar have for his community's restricted mating patterns?
(a) It is the Law of Belial.
(b) It is necessary for survival.
(c) It is due to excessive gamma radiation.
(d) It is due to the powerful influence of the Hots community.
4. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Horror to scientific curiosity.
(b) Pain to Despair.
(c) Scientific curiosity to joy.
(d) Joy to Ecstasy.
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The desert tombstone has poetry from which poet inscribed on it?
2. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
3. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
4. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
5. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)