|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
(a) They are castrated.
(b) They are sacrificed on the high altar.
(c) They are chained in a dungeon.
(d) Their aggression is encouraged for the good of the community.
2. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
(a) He becomes angered and must be restrained.
(b) He faints.
(c) He chokes the Patriarch of Pasadena to death.
(d) He is caught up in the mob mentality and cheers along with everyone else.
3. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(c) The Devil.
(d) An idol.
4. Whose tombstone do Dr. Poole and Loola discover in the desert?
(a) Jefferson Thorpe.
(b) An unknown soldier.
(d) William Tallis.
5. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A book of Shelley's poetry.
(c) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(d) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
2. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
3. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
4. For about how long does Dr. Poole work on the assignment given to him by the primitive community?
5. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)