|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(b) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(c) Reading in his seminary.
(d) Addressing the congregation.
2. The Arch Vicar's church structure is named after which saint?
(a) St. Azazel.
(b) St. Jerome.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. Peter.
3. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
(b) Two hundred.
4. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
(a) She feels it is necessary to maintain proper discipline.
(b) She feels it is all in good fun.
(c) She is indifferent, having seen the ritual dozens of times.
(d) She feels it is unjust and horrific.
5. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(b) Women are possessed by Belial.
(c) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
(d) Men are possessed by Belial.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
2. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
4. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
5. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)