|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Miss Ethel Hook administered a sedative by the crew of the Canterbury?
(a) She becomes furious at Dr. Cudworth for his failure to read their map correctly.
(b) She tries to engineer a mutiny after becoming fed up with the captain.
(c) Her wounds are fatal, and she is put out of her misery.
(d) She cannot fathom the notion of leaving Dr. Poole.
2. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She died from cancer.
3. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The ship called the Canterbury.
(b) The title.
(c) A gathering of baboons.
(d) The name of the producer.
4. What relationship does the Arch Vicar urge for Dr. Poole with respect to the church?
(a) The Arch Vicar thinks Dr. Poole is not enlightened enough to understand the church.
(b) The Arch Vicar encourages Dr. Poole to become a full member.
(c) The Arch Vicar wishes to expel Dr. Poole from the church because of his lustful ways.
(d) The Arch Vicar thinks Dr. Poole would be a bad influence on the church.
5. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(b) It is revolting.
(c) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(d) He only participates in sex for procreation.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
2. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
3. What does Flossie think about Loola's relationship with Dr. Poole?
4. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
5. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)