|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Stage a military rescue.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Air bomb the entire area.
(d) Leave him.
2. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
(a) She feels it is all in good fun.
(b) She is indifferent, having seen the ritual dozens of times.
(c) She feels it is necessary to maintain proper discipline.
(d) She feels it is unjust and horrific.
3. Why is Loola afraid of entering into a romantic relationship with Dr. Poole?
(a) It is against the law.
(b) He is a foreigner, and foreigners are evil and not to be trusted.
(c) They will probably have a deformed baby.
(d) He is always joking and never takes anything seriously, which annoys her.
4. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
(a) A failure to understand history.
(d) Drug use.
5. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(c) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
2. When Dr. Poole and Loola stop for a night after their escape, they are thirty miles outside of what town?
3. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
4. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
5. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)