|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
(a) Only the most athletically gifted are allowed to mate.
(b) Couples are only allowed to mate during a two-week interval.
(c) Women are artificially inseminated.
(d) There are no restrictions on procreation.
2. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(b) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(d) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
3. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(d) World history.
4. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
(a) Dr. Poole needs to be a man and toughen up.
(b) Dr. Poole's own religion is a history full of bloodshed.
(c) The Arch Vicar hurries him away and agrees that it is a terrible sight.
(d) The blood represents the demons leaving the baby's body.
5. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) A gathering of baboons.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) The ship called the Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
2. What relationship does the Arch Vicar urge for Dr. Poole with respect to the church?
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
4. Why is Chief displeased with Dr. Poole and his opinion of food production?
5. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)