|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(b) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(c) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(d) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
2. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(b) Scientifically curious.
(d) Excited, yet revolted.
3. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
(b) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
(c) It represented the apex of civilization.
(d) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
4. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) All Hail Wickedness.
(b) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(c) Glory to Belial.
(d) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
5. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(c) World history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
2. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
3. According to the Arch Vicar, why do his people worship the Devil?
4. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
5. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)