|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) On the Canterbury ship.
(b) In Murcia, California.
(c) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) Outside the Studio Commissary.
2. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Flying Dutchman.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Kiwi.
3. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
(a) He is caught up in the mob mentality and cheers along with everyone else.
(b) He chokes the Patriarch of Pasadena to death.
(c) He becomes angered and must be restrained.
(d) He faints.
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
5. How long does Dr. Poole feel proper food production will take in the primitive community?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
2. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
4. William Tallis is from ____________.
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)