|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Script, pages 122-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) The Devil's Dance.
(b) Belial's Feast.
(c) The Purification Ceremonies.
2. Which two concepts does the Arch Vicar blame for the fall of mankind?
(a) Enlightenment and Generosity.
(b) Progress and Nationalism.
(c) Individualism and Joy.
(d) Socialism and Generosity.
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) May 1, 2345.
(b) May 21, 1981.
(c) January 1, 2004.
(d) February 20, 2108.
4. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and March 1.
(b) January 1 and December 31.
(c) December 10 and December 17.
(d) April 4 through May 21.
5. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(b) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(c) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
(d) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar tell Dr. Poole about his scientist friends?
2. At the end of the novel, where are Dr. Poole and Loola headed?
3. What religion is Dr. Poole?
4. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
5. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)