|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
(b) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(c) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
(d) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
2. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
(a) The Arch Vicar.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Postulant.
3. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
(a) By destroying their environment.
(b) By impregnating women.
(c) By using drugs.
(d) By sacrificing deformed babies.
4. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(c) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(d) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
5. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Tool of the Devil.
(c) Satan's Spawn.
(d) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Dr. Poole?
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
3. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
4. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
5. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)