|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
2. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(b) 3000 - 4000.
3. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(b) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(c) Books are burned.
(d) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(b) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(c) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(d) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(b) The day World War II formally ended.
(c) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
2. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
3. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
4. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
5. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)