|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Air bomb the entire area.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Stage a military rescue.
2. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) The narrator.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) A Moldavian baron.
(d) Lou Lublin.
3. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
(a) Chief is surprised New Zealand still had boats.
(b) The Chief is indifferent to Dr. Poole's admission.
(c) Chief feels only the devil rides on a boat.
(d) Chief feels boats are magic.
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(c) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(d) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
2. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
3. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
4. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
5. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)