|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(b) Reading in his seminary.
(c) Addressing the congregation.
(d) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) The Devil's Dance.
(c) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(b) Retired military officer.
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
5. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(b) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(c) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(d) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
2. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
3. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
4. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)