|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
(a) Assistant to the Director of Food Production.
(b) High Altar Supplicant.
(c) Gravedigger Manager.
(d) Robotics Technician.
2. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He stepped on a grave.
(b) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(c) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(d) He tried to run away.
3. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
(a) The Power of Belial.
(b) The Suffering of Mankind.
(c) The Beauty of Nature.
(d) The Nature of Woman.
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
5. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
(a) World history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
4. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)