|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(b) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) Its glossy title page.
2. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
3. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Michael Faraday.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(b) Books are burned.
(c) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(d) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
5. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
(a) To die in an inferno of glory.
(b) To propitiate Belial.
(c) To protect and shelter women.
(d) To eat, drink, and be merry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
2. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
3. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
4. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
5. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)