|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(c) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(d) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
2. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(b) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(c) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(d) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
3. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(b) Scientifically curious.
(d) Excited, yet revolted.
4. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
(a) The blood represents the demons leaving the baby's body.
(b) The Arch Vicar hurries him away and agrees that it is a terrible sight.
(c) Dr. Poole needs to be a man and toughen up.
(d) Dr. Poole's own religion is a history full of bloodshed.
5. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
(b) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
(c) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
(d) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
2. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
4. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
5. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)