|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
(a) Women are artificially inseminated.
(b) There are no restrictions on procreation.
(c) Couples are only allowed to mate during a two-week interval.
(d) Only the most athletically gifted are allowed to mate.
2. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(b) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(c) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
(d) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
3. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is intrigued.
(b) The narrator is bored.
(c) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(d) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) In Murcia, California.
(b) On the Canterbury ship.
(c) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(d) At Cottonwood Ranch.
5. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(b) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(c) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
(d) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar tell Dr. Poole about his scientist friends?
2. What explanation does the Arch Vicar have for his community's restricted mating patterns?
3. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
4. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
5. Where do Dr. Poole and Loola first have sex?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)