|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
(b) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(c) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(d) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
2. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
3. Why is Miss Ethel Hook administered a sedative by the crew of the Canterbury?
(a) She becomes furious at Dr. Cudworth for his failure to read their map correctly.
(b) She tries to engineer a mutiny after becoming fed up with the captain.
(c) She cannot fathom the notion of leaving Dr. Poole.
(d) Her wounds are fatal, and she is put out of her misery.
4. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
(a) The Power of Belial.
(b) The Suffering of Mankind.
(c) The Nature of Woman.
(d) The Beauty of Nature.
5. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(b) The narrator is bored.
(c) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(d) The narrator is intrigued.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
2. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
3. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
5. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)