|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Devil.
(c) An idol.
(d) The Goddess.
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) The Devil's Dance.
(b) The Purification Ceremonies.
(c) Belial's Feast.
3. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
4. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(b) Scientifically curious.
(d) Excited, yet revolted.
5. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
(a) Arch Vicar of Belial.
(b) The Pope of Darkness.
(c) The Cardinal of Sin.
(d) Satanic Science Practitioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
2. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
3. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
4. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)