|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(b) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(c) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(d) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
2. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
(a) He finds no value in books.
(b) He expresses contempt for deformed babies.
(c) He is a man of action rather than words.
(d) He likes to talk to her.
3. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Books are burned.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
3. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
5. Where do the Hots live?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)