|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is bored.
(b) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(c) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(d) The narrator is intrigued.
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) They died in a car accident.
(c) William Tallis never had a family.
(d) They died in World War I.
3. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) The ship called the Canterbury.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) A gathering of baboons.
4. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and March 1.
(b) January 1 and December 31.
(c) April 4 through May 21.
(d) December 10 and December 17.
5. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(b) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(c) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(d) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
3. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
4. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
5. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)