|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) An idol.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Goddess.
2. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
(a) The Nature of Woman.
(b) The Power of Belial.
(c) The Beauty of Nature.
(d) The Suffering of Mankind.
3. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Coulton family.
(b) The Briggs family.
(c) The Lublin family.
(d) The Tallis family.
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(b) Books are burned.
(c) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
5. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The gorilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
2. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
3. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
4. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
5. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)