|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to fix their train.
(b) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(c) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(d) He offers to give his boat to them.
2. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
(a) Robotics Technician.
(b) Assistant to the Director of Food Production.
(c) Gravedigger Manager.
(d) High Altar Supplicant.
3. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
(a) The enlightenment of the soul.
(b) The destruction of the earth.
(c) The wickedness of graverobbing.
(d) The appeasement of Belial.
4. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The High Altar.
(b) The Seminary.
(c) The Unholy of Unholies.
(d) The Baker's Store.
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(b) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(d) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
2. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
3. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
4. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
5. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)