|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, how long has mankind pitted itself against Nature?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three centuries.
(d) 100,000 years.
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) Cancer of the throat.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A botched surgery.
(d) A hit-and-run car accident.
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(b) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its opening poetry.
(b) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(c) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(d) Its glossy title page.
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(c) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(d) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
2. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
3. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
4. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)