|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The lemur.
(d) The baboon.
2. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
(b) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
(c) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
(d) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four years.
4. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
5. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) They died in a car accident.
(c) They died in World War I.
(d) William Tallis never had a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
5. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)