|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
(a) In the fireplace of an abandoned mansion.
(b) In a large bonfire.
(c) In a baker's oven.
(d) The books are placed at regular intervals on the street and then lit individually.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(b) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(c) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(d) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
3. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(b) Robots who turned on their masters.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) World War Three.
4. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She died from cancer.
(b) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She ran off with another man.
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(c) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(d) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
3. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
4. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
5. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)