|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used to kill the deformed babies?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hammer.
(c) They are strangled.
(d) An electric cattle prod.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(b) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(c) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(d) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(a) Retired military officer.
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
5. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) Belial's Feast.
(c) The Purification Ceremonies.
(d) The Devil's Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
2. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
3. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
5. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)