|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(b) He offers to fix their train.
(c) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(d) He offers to give his boat to them.
2. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(b) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
3. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(d) 3000 - 4000.
4. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(c) Pooh Bear.
5. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Murcia, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
2. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
3. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
4. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
5. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)