|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
(b) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(c) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(d) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
2. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
3. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its opening poetry.
(b) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(c) Its glossy title page.
(d) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
4. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The baboon.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) The day World War II formally ended.
(c) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(d) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
2. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
4. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
5. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)