|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The High Altar.
(b) The Baker's Store.
(c) The Seminary.
(d) The Unholy of Unholies.
2. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She died from cancer.
(d) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
3. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Horror to scientific curiosity.
(b) Scientific curiosity to joy.
(c) Pain to Despair.
(d) Joy to Ecstasy.
4. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) Tool of the Devil.
(d) Satan's Spawn.
5. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The chimpanzee.
(c) The baboon.
(d) The cheeky monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
3. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
4. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
5. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)