|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Hollywood, California.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Crafts only the wicked.
(b) Produces only the sublime.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Bob Briggs.
(b) William Tallis
(c) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(d) Lou Lublin.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(b) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(c) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(d) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
5. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) She will bear a deformed baby.
(b) She is slowly dying from radiation.
(c) They will run out of food.
(d) Chief will kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
2. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
3. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
4. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
5. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)