|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A botched surgery.
(b) A hit-and-run car accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Cancer of the throat.
2. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
3. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Tool of the Devil.
(b) Mistress of Belial.
(c) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(d) Satan's Spawn.
4. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
(a) The blood represents the demons leaving the baby's body.
(b) Dr. Poole needs to be a man and toughen up.
(c) Dr. Poole's own religion is a history full of bloodshed.
(d) The Arch Vicar hurries him away and agrees that it is a terrible sight.
5. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(b) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(c) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(d) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
2. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
4. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
5. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)