|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) Bakersfield, California.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) London, England.
(d) New Zealand.
2. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Pain to Despair.
(b) Joy to Ecstasy.
(c) Horror to scientific curiosity.
(d) Scientific curiosity to joy.
3. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(c) The Postulant.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) The ship called the Canterbury.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) A gathering of baboons.
5. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
2. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
3. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
5. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)