|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(d) 3000 - 4000.
2. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Flying Dutchman.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Kiwi.
3. What religion is Dr. Poole?
4. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(b) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(c) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(d) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
5. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(b) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(c) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(d) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
2. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
3. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
4. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
5. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)