|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
2. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He stepped on a grave.
(c) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(d) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
3. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Postulant.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Arch-Vicar.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
4. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
5. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
(a) She feels it is necessary to maintain proper discipline.
(b) She feels it is all in good fun.
(c) She feels it is unjust and horrific.
(d) She is indifferent, having seen the ritual dozens of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
4. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
5. What religion is Dr. Poole?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)