|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(b) An idol.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Goddess.
2. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(b) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
(c) By shaving their heads.
(d) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
3. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
4. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
(a) The Seminary.
(b) The High Altar.
(c) The Unholy of Unholies.
(d) The Baker's Store.
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
2. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
3. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
5. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)