|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(b) On the Canterbury ship.
(c) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(d) In Murcia, California.
2. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its glossy title page.
(b) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) Its professional hole punches and brads.
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) She is slowly dying from radiation.
(b) She will bear a deformed baby.
(c) They will run out of food.
(d) Chief will kill her.
4. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Satan's Spawn.
(c) Tool of the Devil.
(d) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
5. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Tallis is from ____________.
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
5. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)