|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
(b) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
(c) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
(d) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) An Autocratic.
(b) A Republic.
(c) A Democracy.
(d) A Dictatorship.
3. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Kiwi.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Flying Dutchman.
4. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
(a) By using drugs.
(b) By sacrificing deformed babies.
(c) By impregnating women.
(d) By destroying their environment.
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(b) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(c) Bob Briggs only.
(d) The narrator only.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
2. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
3. The novel begins on what important day?
4. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)