|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
(b) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(c) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
(d) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A library.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A palace.
3. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
4. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
(a) Gravediggers and criminals.
(b) Men and their healthy babies.
(c) Religious leaders and the chorus of youths.
(d) Women and their deformed babies.
5. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They died in World War I.
(b) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) William Tallis never had a family.
(d) They died in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
3. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
4. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
5. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)