|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Produces only the sublime.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Crafts only the wicked.
3. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Books are burned.
(d) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(b) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(c) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(d) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
5. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Kiwi.
(c) The Flying Dutchman.
(d) The Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
3. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
4. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
5. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)