|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Surrealist Writers.
(b) The Romantic Poets.
(c) The Impressionist Painters.
(d) The Baroque Composers.
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) William Tallis never had a family.
(c) They died in World War I.
(d) They died in a car accident.
3. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In his homeland of Germany.
(c) At sea.
(d) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His writing.
(d) His adultery.
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) A Moldavian baron.
(c) William Tallis.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
2. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
3. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
4. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)