|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
2. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(b) He stepped on a grave.
(c) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(d) He tried to run away.
3. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Bakersfield, California.
(d) London, England.
4. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(c) Pooh Bear.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day World War II formally ended.
(b) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(c) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
2. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)