|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) The Studio Commissary.
(d) The Hollywood Cemetery.
3. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Dr. Cudworth.
(b) Professor Grampian.
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
(d) Dr. Canterbury.
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) Books are burned.
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
2. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
3. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
4. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
5. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)