|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(b) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
2. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(c) The Association for New Horizons.
(d) The California Knowledge Project.
3. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(b) They use sonar technology to find land.
(c) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(d) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
4. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) The Devil's Dance.
(c) The Purification Ceremonies.
(d) Belial's Feast.
5. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
(b) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
(c) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(d) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
2. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
3. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)