|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(b) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(c) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
(d) By shaving their heads.
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Republic.
(b) A Dictatorship.
(c) An Autocratic.
(d) A Democracy.
3. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(b) Books are burned.
(c) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(d) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(d) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(b) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(c) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(d) They would not have liked one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
3. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
4. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
5. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)