|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
(a) He believes the community lacks proper discipline.
(b) As he delivers discipline himself, he is quite pleased with the level of discipline.
(c) He believes people should be more free to pursue their own interests.
(d) He does not believe in the harsh discipline exacted by the religious leaders.
2. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) Tool of the Devil.
(d) Satan's Spawn.
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Produces only the sublime.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Crafts only the wicked.
(d) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
4. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Bob Briggs.
(b) William Tallis
(c) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(d) Lou Lublin.
5. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(b) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(c) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(d) He was a serial adulterer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
2. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
5. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)