|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A riding switch.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A candlestick.
(d) A spatula.
2. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(b) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(c) By shaving their heads.
(d) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
3. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to fix their train.
(b) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(c) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(d) He offers to give his boat to them.
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Three baboons.
(b) The Chief.
(c) Three men.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator only.
(b) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(c) Bob Briggs only.
(d) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
3. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
4. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
5. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)