|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(b) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would not have liked one another.
(b) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(c) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
3. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
(b) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
(c) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
(d) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
4. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
(a) The Observatory.
(b) Pershing Square.
(c) Lincoln Park.
(d) The Cocktail Bar.
5. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Kiwi.
(b) The Flying Dutchman.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Worchestershire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
2. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
3. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
4. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
5. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)