|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The baboon.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The chimpanzee.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(b) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(c) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(d) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
3. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Hollywood, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(b) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(c) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(d) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
5. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) The ship called the Canterbury.
(c) A gathering of baboons.
(d) The name of the producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
3. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
4. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
5. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)