|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Three men.
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) The Chief.
(d) Three baboons.
2. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(b) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
4. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
(a) Gravediggers and criminals.
(b) Women and their deformed babies.
(c) Religious leaders and the chorus of youths.
(d) Men and their healthy babies.
5. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) A gathering of baboons.
(b) The title.
(c) The ship called the Canterbury.
(d) The name of the producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)