|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women are possessed by Belial.
(b) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
(c) Men are possessed by Belial.
(d) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
2. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Studio Commissary.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) The Hollywood Cemetery.
4. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) Belial's Feast.
(b) The Devil's Dance.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
5. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Dr. Cudworth.
(b) Dr. Canterbury.
(c) Professor Grampian.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
2. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
3. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
4. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)