|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
(b) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
(c) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
(d) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
2. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Kiwi.
(b) The Worchestershire.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Flying Dutchman.
3. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
4. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six weeks.
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
2. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
3. William Tallis is from ____________.
4. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)