|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(b) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(c) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(d) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
2. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
(b) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(c) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
(d) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
3. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
4. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
5. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
(a) To eat, drink, and be merry.
(b) To protect and shelter women.
(c) To propitiate Belial.
(d) To die in an inferno of glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
2. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
3. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
5. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)