|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(b) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
2. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A riding switch.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A candlestick.
(d) The Bible.
3. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A hit-and-run car accident.
(c) A botched surgery.
(d) Cancer of the throat.
4. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
(a) Book Eater.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(d) Right Hand of Belial.
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
3. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
5. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)