|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Tool of the Devil.
(c) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(d) Satan's Spawn.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Produces only the sublime.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Crafts only the wicked.
3. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Two hundred years.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six months.
4. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
5. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
2. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
3. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
4. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
5. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)