|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
2. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
3. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
4. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) William Tallis.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Lou Lublin.
(d) A Moldavian baron.
5. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Professor Grampian.
(c) Dr. Cudworth.
(d) Dr. Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
4. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
5. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)