|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
(a) The Beauty of Nature.
(b) The Power of Belial.
(c) The Nature of Woman.
(d) The Suffering of Mankind.
2. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(c) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(d) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
4. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A hit-and-run car accident.
(b) A botched surgery.
(c) Cancer of the throat.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(b) The Hollywood Cemetery.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) The Studio Commissary.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
2. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
3. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
5. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)