|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(b) He stepped on a grave.
(c) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(d) He tried to run away.
2. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) They will run out of food.
(b) She will bear a deformed baby.
(c) She is slowly dying from radiation.
(d) Chief will kill her.
3. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
(b) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(c) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(d) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
4. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(b) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(c) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
2. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
5. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)