|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(b) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(c) In Murcia, California.
(d) On the Canterbury ship.
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(c) W.B. Yeats.
(d) Percy Shelley.
4. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(a) Murcia, California.
5. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)