|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(d) A plump girl beside him.
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(c) Pooh Bear.
3. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(b) On the Canterbury ship.
(c) In Murcia, California.
(d) At Cottonwood Ranch.
5. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
(b) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
(c) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(d) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
2. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
5. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)