|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The lemur.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The baboon.
(d) The chimpanzee.
2. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
3. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Three baboons.
(c) The Chief.
(d) Three men.
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(c) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(d) They would not have liked one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
3. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
4. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
5. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)