|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
(a) Chief is surprised New Zealand still had boats.
(b) Chief feels only the devil rides on a boat.
(c) The Chief is indifferent to Dr. Poole's admission.
(d) Chief feels boats are magic.
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) Robots who turned on their masters.
(c) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(d) A deadly plague.
3. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
4. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The lemur.
(d) The chimpanzee.
5. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)