|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
2. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
(b) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
(c) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
(d) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(a) Retired military officer.
4. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They died in World War I.
(b) William Tallis never had a family.
(c) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(d) They died in a car accident.
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
2. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
3. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
4. William Tallis is from ____________.
5. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)