|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(b) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(c) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(d) They would not have liked one another.
2. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
(a) Religious leaders and the chorus of youths.
(b) Women and their deformed babies.
(c) Gravediggers and criminals.
(d) Men and their healthy babies.
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Two days.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six weeks.
4. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(c) An idol.
(d) The Devil.
5. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
4. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)