|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(b) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) The name of the producer.
(c) The ship called the Canterbury.
(d) A gathering of baboons.
3. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
(b) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(c) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
(d) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
4. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(b) Pooh Bear.
5. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By shaving their heads.
(b) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(c) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(d) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
3. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
4. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
5. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)