|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
(b) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(c) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(d) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
2. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Baroque Composers.
(b) The Romantic Poets.
(c) The Impressionist Painters.
(d) The Surrealist Writers.
3. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(b) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
4. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Republic.
(b) A Democracy.
(c) An Autocratic.
(d) A Dictatorship.
5. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In his homeland of Germany.
(b) At sea.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
2. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
3. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
4. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
5. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)