|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Flying Dutchman.
(b) The Kiwi.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Worchestershire.
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
3. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
4. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
(b) Michael Faraday.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Isaac Newton.
5. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) A deadly plague.
(b) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(c) World War Three.
(d) Robots who turned on their masters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
2. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
5. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)