|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A candlestick.
(d) A riding switch.
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) Belial's Feast.
(c) The Devil's Dance.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(b) In Murcia, California.
(c) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) On the Canterbury ship.
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He has accrued gambling debts.
(b) He owes back taxes.
(c) His home was recently robbed.
(d) He has made a series of poor investments.
5. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(d) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
2. The novel begins on what important day?
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)