|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(c) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(d) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
3. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
4. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(b) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(c) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
(d) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
5. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) An Autocratic.
(b) A Democracy.
(c) A Republic.
(d) A Dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
2. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
3. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
4. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)