|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) May 21, 1981.
(b) January 1, 2004.
(c) May 1, 2345.
(d) February 20, 2108.
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(b) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(c) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(d) Books are burned.
3. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(b) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(c) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
4. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(c) Murcia, California.
5. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Four years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
2. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
4. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
5. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)