|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
(b) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
(c) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
(d) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(b) Crafts only the wicked.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Produces only the sublime.
3. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In the desert.
(b) At sea.
(c) In his homeland of Germany.
(d) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
4. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
(b) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(c) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
(d) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
5. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
(a) As he delivers discipline himself, he is quite pleased with the level of discipline.
(b) He does not believe in the harsh discipline exacted by the religious leaders.
(c) He believes people should be more free to pursue their own interests.
(d) He believes the community lacks proper discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
3. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
4. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
5. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)