|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Flying Dutchman.
(c) The Kiwi.
(d) The Canterbury.
2. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
(a) He believes the community lacks proper discipline.
(b) He does not believe in the harsh discipline exacted by the religious leaders.
(c) As he delivers discipline himself, he is quite pleased with the level of discipline.
(d) He believes people should be more free to pursue their own interests.
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His writing.
(c) His adultery.
(d) His drinking.
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(c) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
2. William Tallis is from ____________.
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
4. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
5. William Tallis died from ___________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)