|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(b) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(c) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
(d) They use sonar technology to find land.
2. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(b) He offers to give his boat to them.
(c) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(d) He offers to fix their train.
3. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) Tool of the Devil.
(c) Satan's Spawn.
(d) Mistress of Belial.
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(d) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
5. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
5. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)