|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Percy Shelley.
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(a) Pooh Bear.
3. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
(a) The Observatory.
(b) Pershing Square.
(c) The Cocktail Bar.
(d) Lincoln Park.
4. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) Bob Briggs only.
(b) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(c) The narrator only.
(d) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(c) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(d) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
3. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
4. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
5. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)