|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: The Script, pages 50-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Devil.
(b) An idol.
(c) The Goddess.
2. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) Tool of the Devil.
(c) Mistress of Belial.
(d) Satan's Spawn.
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A palace.
(c) A library.
(d) A cemetery.
4. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(b) The narrator only.
(c) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(d) Bob Briggs only.
5. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His writing.
(c) His adultery.
(d) His drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
4. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
5. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)