|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(b) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
2. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A riding switch.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A spatula.
3. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(c) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(d) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) A gathering of baboons.
(b) The title.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) The ship called the Canterbury.
5. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
(b) Boss Man.
(c) Dr. Poole.
(d) The Rat King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
2. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
5. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)