|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Murcia, California.
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The lemur.
(d) The baboon.
3. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The ship called the Canterbury.
(b) The title.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) A gathering of baboons.
4. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(c) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)