|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) A gathering of baboons.
(b) The title.
(c) The name of the producer.
(d) The ship called the Canterbury.
2. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) William Tallis never had a family.
(b) They died in World War I.
(c) They died in a car accident.
(d) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Studio Commissary.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) The Hollywood Cemetery.
(d) The Cottonwood Ranch.
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) A plump girl beside him.
(d) The fine clothes of a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
2. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
3. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
5. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)