|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The title.
(b) A gathering of baboons.
(c) The ship called the Canterbury.
(d) The name of the producer.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) Murcia, California.
(b) The Hollywood Cemetery.
(c) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) The Studio Commissary.
3. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The lemur.
(c) The chimpanzee.
(d) The baboon.
4. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They died in World War I.
(b) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) William Tallis never had a family.
(d) They died in a car accident.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(c) The day World War II formally ended.
(d) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
2. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
4. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
5. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)