|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The chimpanzee.
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(c) They would not have liked one another.
(d) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
3. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The lemur.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The chimpanzee.
(d) The gorilla.
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(c) W.B. Yeats.
(d) Percy Shelley.
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) They use sonar technology to find land.
(b) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(c) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(d) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
2. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
3. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)