|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
2. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
3. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(b) Bob Briggs only.
(c) The narrator only.
(d) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
4. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(d) Retired military officer.
5. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(b) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(c) The narrator is intrigued.
(d) The narrator is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
2. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
5. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)