|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His writing.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His adultery.
2. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He has accrued gambling debts.
(c) His home was recently robbed.
(d) He has made a series of poor investments.
3. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its opening poetry.
(b) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(c) Its glossy title page.
(d) Its professional hole punches and brads.
4. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) January 1, 2004.
(b) May 1, 2345.
(c) May 21, 1981.
(d) February 20, 2108.
5. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
(b) Boss Man.
(c) Dr. Poole.
(d) The Rat King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
2. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
3. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
5. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)