|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(b) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(c) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(d) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(b) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(c) On the Canterbury ship.
(d) In Murcia, California.
3. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) A Moldavian baron.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) Lou Lublin.
(d) The narrator.
4. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Hollywood, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
5. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His writing.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His adultery.
(d) His gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
4. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
5. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)