|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(b) He was a serial adulterer.
(c) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
2. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) A Moldavian baron.
(b) The narrator.
(c) William Tallis.
(d) Lou Lublin.
3. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The baboon.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The chimpanzee.
4. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(b) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(d) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
5. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(c) Retired military officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
3. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)