|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(b) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(c) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(d) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A hit-and-run car accident.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A botched surgery.
(d) Cancer of the throat.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) William Tallis never had a family.
(b) They died in a car accident.
(c) They died in World War I.
(d) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
4. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) An idol.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Goddess.
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A library.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
2. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
3. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)