|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) The Chief.
(b) Three men.
(c) Three baboons.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
3. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(b) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) Its glossy title page.
4. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Canterbury.
(b) The Worchestershire.
(c) The Kiwi.
(d) The Flying Dutchman.
5. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The Association for New Horizons.
(b) The California Knowledge Project.
(c) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(d) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
3. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
4. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)