|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(c) Retired military officer.
2. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) The Chief.
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) Three men.
(d) Three baboons.
3. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(b) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(d) Percy Shelley.
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
3. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)