|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(b) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(c) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(d) He was a serial adulterer.
2. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(d) Its opening poetry.
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(c) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(d) His leader's bacon sandwich.
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Bakersfield, California.
(d) London, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
2. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. The novel begins on what important day?
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)