|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four years.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) On the Canterbury ship.
(b) In Murcia, California.
(c) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(d) At Cottonwood Ranch.
3. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
(a) Dr. Poole.
(b) Boss Man.
(d) The Rat King.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(b) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(c) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(d) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
5. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The California Knowledge Project.
(b) The Association for New Horizons.
(c) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(d) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
2. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
3. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
5. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)