|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(b) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(c) Bob Briggs only.
(d) The narrator only.
2. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Hollywood, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
3. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(b) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(c) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(d) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
4. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(c) Singer and actress.
5. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She died from cancer.
(b) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) She ran off with another man.
(d) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. The novel begins on what important day?
5. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)