|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(b) Bob Briggs only.
(c) The narrator only.
(d) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
2. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
(b) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(c) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(d) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(b) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(c) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(d) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(b) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(c) They would not have liked one another.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
2. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
3. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)