|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Romantic Poets.
(b) The Baroque Composers.
(c) The Impressionist Painters.
(d) The Surrealist Writers.
2. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Lublin family.
(b) The Tallis family.
(c) The Coulton family.
(d) The Briggs family.
3. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) The day World War II formally ended.
(c) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(d) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) In Murcia, California.
(b) On the Canterbury ship.
(c) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) Outside the Studio Commissary.
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) A Moldavian baron.
(b) Lou Lublin.
(c) The narrator.
(d) William Tallis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
2. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
3. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)