|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(d) Murcia, California.
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would not have liked one another.
(c) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
3. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(a) Singer and actress.
4. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A hit-and-run car accident.
(b) A botched surgery.
(c) Cancer of the throat.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(b) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
2. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
3. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
5. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)