|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
2. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(b) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(c) Retired military officer.
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He has accrued gambling debts.
(b) He has made a series of poor investments.
(c) He owes back taxes.
(d) His home was recently robbed.
5. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(c) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(d) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
2. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
5. William Tallis is from ____________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)