|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(b) The narrator is intrigued.
(c) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(d) The narrator is bored.
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Four years.
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(b) Its opening poetry.
(c) Its glossy title page.
(d) Its professional hole punches and brads.
5. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She died from cancer.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Tallis died from ___________.
2. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
4. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
5. The novel begins on what important day?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)