|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Briggs family.
(b) The Coulton family.
(c) The Tallis family.
(d) The Lublin family.
2. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(a) Singer and actress.
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) In Murcia, California.
(b) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(c) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) On the Canterbury ship.
4. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eighteen months.
5. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In his homeland of Germany.
(b) At sea.
(c) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
(d) In the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)