|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(b) The narrator only.
(c) Bob Briggs only.
(d) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A botched surgery.
(c) Cancer of the throat.
(d) A hit-and-run car accident.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They died in World War I.
(b) William Tallis never had a family.
(c) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(d) They died in a car accident.
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His writing.
(d) His drinking.
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Lublin family.
(b) The Tallis family.
(c) The Briggs family.
(d) The Coulton family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
2. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
3. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)