|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(b) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(c) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(d) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
2. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) London, England.
(b) Bakersfield, California.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Murcia, California.
3. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(b) The narrator is intrigued.
(c) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(d) The narrator is bored.
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His writing.
(d) His adultery.
5. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Baroque Composers.
(b) The Impressionist Painters.
(c) The Surrealist Writers.
(d) The Romantic Poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
2. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. The novel begins on what important day?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)