|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
(b) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
(c) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(d) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
2. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(b) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(c) He was a serial adulterer.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
3. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) She died from cancer.
(c) She ran off with another man.
(d) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) His home was recently robbed.
(c) He has accrued gambling debts.
(d) He has made a series of poor investments.
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) A Moldavian baron.
(c) The narrator.
(d) William Tallis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
2. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
4. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
5. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)