|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Tallis family.
(b) The Coulton family.
(c) The Briggs family.
(d) The Lublin family.
2. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Baroque Composers.
(b) The Romantic Poets.
(c) The Surrealist Writers.
(d) The Impressionist Painters.
3. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(b) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(c) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(d) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
4. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(c) They would not have liked one another.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
5. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(c) Murcia, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
2. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
5. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)