|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(b) The day World War II formally ended.
(c) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
2. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His writing.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His gambling.
3. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Lublin family.
(b) The Tallis family.
(c) The Coulton family.
(d) The Briggs family.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(b) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(c) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(d) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
5. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(d) Singer and actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
2. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
3. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
5. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)