|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(b) Murcia, California.
2. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Impressionist Painters.
(b) The Romantic Poets.
(c) The Surrealist Writers.
(d) The Baroque Composers.
3. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would not have liked one another.
(c) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
4. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(b) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(c) He was a serial adulterer.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
5. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(d) She died from cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
2. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
5. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)