|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(c) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(d) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
2. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(b) Its opening poetry.
(c) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(d) Its glossy title page.
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(b) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(c) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
(d) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
4. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) She died from cancer.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She ran off with another man.
5. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Four years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
2. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
3. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)