|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His writing.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His adultery.
2. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(b) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
3. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) London, England.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) Bakersfield, California.
(d) New Zealand.
4. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(c) They would not have liked one another.
(d) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
5. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(b) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(c) He was a serial adulterer.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
2. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
4. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)