|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Surrealist Writers.
(b) The Baroque Composers.
(c) The Impressionist Painters.
(d) The Romantic Poets.
2. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(c) The day World War II formally ended.
(d) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
3. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(b) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(c) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(d) He was a serial adulterer.
4. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(b) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(c) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(d) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
5. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) On the Canterbury ship.
(b) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(c) In Murcia, California.
(d) Outside the Studio Commissary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
2. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
3. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
4. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)