|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(b) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(c) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(d) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) Murcia, California.
(b) The Hollywood Cemetery.
(c) The Studio Commissary.
(d) The Cottonwood Ranch.
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four years.
4. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(a) Retired military officer.
5. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
2. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
5. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)