|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(b) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(c) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(d) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
2. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(b) He was a serial adulterer.
(c) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(d) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two days.
4. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(c) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(d) The day World War II formally ended.
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Tallis family.
(b) The Coulton family.
(c) The Briggs family.
(d) The Lublin family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
2. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
3. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
4. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
5. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)