|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
(a) The name of the producer.
(b) A gathering of baboons.
(c) The title.
(d) The ship called the Canterbury.
2. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Thing.
(b) The Nuke.
(c) The Dimestore Disaster.
(d) The Event.
3. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its opening poetry.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(d) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
4. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
(a) In the fireplace of an abandoned mansion.
(b) The books are placed at regular intervals on the street and then lit individually.
(c) In a baker's oven.
(d) In a large bonfire.
5. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hots live?
2. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
3. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
4. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
5. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)