|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
2. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
(c) The Arch Vicar.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Hollywood, California.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
4. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(b) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(c) A poisonous snake.
(d) Gamma radiation.
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(b) They would not have liked one another.
(c) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
3. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
5. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)