|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(b) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(c) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(d) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(b) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(c) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(d) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
4. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(b) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(c) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(d) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
5. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(b) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(c) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
(d) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
2. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
3. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
4. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
5. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)