|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Addressing the congregation.
(b) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(c) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(d) Reading in his seminary.
2. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Professor Grampian.
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) Dr. Cudworth.
(d) Dr. Canterbury.
3. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) He was a serial adulterer.
(b) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(c) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(d) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) At Cottonwood Ranch.
(b) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(c) On the Canterbury ship.
(d) In Murcia, California.
5. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
(a) The destruction of the earth.
(b) The appeasement of Belial.
(c) The enlightenment of the soul.
(d) The wickedness of graverobbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
2. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
3. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
4. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
5. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)