|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Postulant.
(b) The Arch-Vicar.
(c) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(d) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
2. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(b) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(c) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(d) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
3. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) Book Eater.
(c) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(d) Right Hand of Belial.
4. What religion is Dr. Poole?
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(b) Books are burned.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
2. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
3. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
4. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
5. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)