|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(b) Lou Lublin.
(c) Bob Briggs.
(d) William Tallis
2. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
3. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
(b) The Rat King.
(c) Dr. Poole.
(d) Boss Man.
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(b) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(c) Produces only the sublime.
(d) Crafts only the wicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
3. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
4. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
5. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)