|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) Gamma radiation.
(c) A poisonous snake.
(d) An arrow shot by a primitive.
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The lemur.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The chimpanzee.
(d) The gorilla.
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) Bob Briggs.
(c) William Tallis
(d) Dr. Alfred Poole.
4. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(b) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(c) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(d) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
5. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) Cancer of the throat.
(b) A hit-and-run car accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A botched surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
2. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
3. What religion is Dr. Poole?
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)