|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
3. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Arch-Vicar.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Postulant.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to give his boat to them.
(b) He offers to fix their train.
(c) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(d) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
2. What does the Arch Vicar blame for famine and war?
3. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)