|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(b) The Devil.
(c) An idol.
2. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
(a) To die in an inferno of glory.
(b) To propitiate Belial.
(c) To eat, drink, and be merry.
(d) To protect and shelter women.
3. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
(a) Their aggression is encouraged for the good of the community.
(b) They are chained in a dungeon.
(c) They are sacrificed on the high altar.
(d) They are castrated.
4. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) The Devil's Dance.
(c) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
5. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
2. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
3. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)