|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(b) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(c) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(d) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
(a) On the Canterbury ship.
(b) Outside the Studio Commissary.
(c) In Murcia, California.
(d) At Cottonwood Ranch.
3. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(b) He stepped on a grave.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) A plump girl beside him.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
5. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(c) Pooh Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
2. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
3. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
4. Where do the Hots live?
5. William Tallis died from ___________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)