|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(b) Retired military officer.
2. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(b) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
(c) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(d) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
3. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(b) The Devil.
(d) An idol.
4. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) Cocktail Lounge.
(b) Belial's Den.
(c) The Unholy of Unholies.
(d) The High Altar.
5. Who "ravishes" Dr. Poole during mating season?
(b) Two young mulatto girls.
(c) Two Postulants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
2. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
3. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
4. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
5. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)