|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The California Knowledge Project.
(c) The Association for New Horizons.
(d) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
2. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
(c) Scientific curiosity.
3. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
(d) Two hundred.
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) A deadly plague.
(c) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(d) Robots who turned on their masters.
5. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
(b) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
2. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
3. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
4. Where are the Arch Vicar's books kept?
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)