|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(b) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(c) The narrator is intrigued.
(d) The narrator is bored.
2. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(b) All Hail Wickedness.
(c) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(d) Glory to Belial.
3. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day World War II formally ended.
(c) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(d) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
4. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(b) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(c) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(d) He was a serial adulterer.
5. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(b) The Purification Ceremonies.
(c) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Devil's Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
3. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
4. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
5. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)