|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(b) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(c) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(d) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The lemur.
(c) The baboon.
(d) The chimpanzee.
3. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
(a) A volume of Shelley's poetry.
(b) A collection of letters and personal essays by Marcel Proust.
(c) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities.
4. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
5. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(b) Singer and actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. In his conversation with Dr. Poole, the Arch Vicar shows himself to be an expert in which field?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)