|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Event.
(b) The Thing.
(c) The Nuke.
(d) The Dimestore Disaster.
2. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(b) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(c) A poisonous snake.
(d) Gamma radiation.
3. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(c) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
4. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and March 1.
(b) December 10 and December 17.
(c) January 1 and December 31.
(d) April 4 through May 21.
5. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
(a) They are castrated.
(b) They are chained in a dungeon.
(c) They are sacrificed on the high altar.
(d) Their aggression is encouraged for the good of the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
2. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
4. The novel begins on what important day?
5. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)