|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(a) Scientifically curious.
(c) Excited, yet revolted.
2. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Four days.
3. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Addressing the congregation.
(b) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(c) Reading in his seminary.
(d) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
4. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(c) 3000 - 4000.
5. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
3. William Tallis died from ___________.
4. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
5. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)