|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
(a) The Hots do not possess a written language.
(b) The Hots have a formal, highly controlling religious hierarchy.
(c) The Hots do not place restrictions on mating/romance.
(d) The Hots have leprous skin conditions due to radiation.
2. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(b) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(c) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(d) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
3. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
4. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Hollywood, California.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
5. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(b) He only participates in sex for procreation.
(c) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(d) It is revolting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
2. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
3. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
4. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
5. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)