|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Joy to Ecstasy.
(b) Scientific curiosity to joy.
(c) Pain to Despair.
(d) Horror to scientific curiosity.
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A botched surgery.
(b) Cancer of the throat.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A hit-and-run car accident.
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) Chief will kill her.
(b) They will run out of food.
(c) She will bear a deformed baby.
(d) She is slowly dying from radiation.
4. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
(a) To propitiate Belial.
(b) To eat, drink, and be merry.
(c) To protect and shelter women.
(d) To die in an inferno of glory.
5. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
2. Where do Dr. Poole and Loola first have sex?
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
4. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
5. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)