|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two concepts does the Arch Vicar blame for the fall of mankind?
(a) Enlightenment and Generosity.
(b) Individualism and Joy.
(c) Progress and Nationalism.
(d) Socialism and Generosity.
2. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) A riding switch.
(d) The Bible.
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) They died in a car accident.
(c) They died in World War I.
(d) William Tallis never had a family.
4. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A botched surgery.
(b) Cancer of the throat.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A hit-and-run car accident.
5. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(b) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(c) He was a serial adulterer.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
3. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
5. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)