|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
(a) Scientific curiosity.
2. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) Book Eater.
(d) Right Hand of Belial.
3. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Surrealist Writers.
(b) The Romantic Poets.
(c) The Baroque Composers.
(d) The Impressionist Painters.
4. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Professor Grampian.
(c) Dr. Cudworth.
(d) Dr. Canterbury.
5. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) She will bear a deformed baby.
(b) Chief will kill her.
(c) They will run out of food.
(d) She is slowly dying from radiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
3. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
4. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
5. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)