|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(b) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(c) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(d) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
2. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
(a) The Dimestore Disaster.
(b) The Event.
(c) The Nuke.
(d) The Thing.
3. On which deity do the primitives blame their problems?
4. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) Two Postulants.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
5. What religion is Dr. Poole?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
3. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
4. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
5. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)