|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(b) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(c) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(d) They would not have liked one another.
2. Where is Cottonwood Ranch located?
(a) Outside of Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) Hollywood, California.
3. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A Moldavian baron.
4. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
(b) They use sonar technology to find land.
(c) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(d) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
5. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Dr. Canterbury.
(c) Dr. Cudworth.
(d) Professor Grampian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
2. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)