|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(b) He stepped on a grave.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
(a) A Republic.
(b) A Democracy.
(c) A Dictatorship.
(d) An Autocratic.
3. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Professor Grampian.
(b) Dr. Canterbury.
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
(d) Dr. Cudworth.
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) Its professional hole punches and brads.
5. Bob fears Elaine is cheating on him with which man?
(a) A Moldavian baron.
(b) William Tallis.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Lou Lublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
2. The novel begins on what important day?
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
4. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
5. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)