|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
(b) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(c) He was a serial adulterer.
(d) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
2. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
(b) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(c) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(d) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
3. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The baboon.
(c) The gorilla.
(d) The cheeky monkey.
4. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She ran off with another man.
(b) She died from cancer.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
5. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Worchestershire.
(b) The Kiwi.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Flying Dutchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
3. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
4. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)