|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Crafts only the wicked.
(b) Produces only the sublime.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
2. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
(a) The baboon.
(b) The chimpanzee.
(c) The cheeky monkey.
(d) The gorilla.
3. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Studio Commissary.
(b) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(c) Murcia, California.
(d) The Hollywood Cemetery.
4. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Tallis family.
(b) The Lublin family.
(c) The Coulton family.
(d) The Briggs family.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
2. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
3. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
5. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)