|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Crafts only the wicked.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Produces only the sublime.
2. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(b) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
3. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) At sea.
(b) In his homeland of Germany.
(c) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
(d) In the desert.
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(c) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(d) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
5. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(b) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(c) He stepped on a grave.
(d) He tried to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
2. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
3. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
4. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
5. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)