|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(b) Robots who turned on their masters.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) World War Three.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Crafts only the wicked.
(d) Produces only the sublime.
3. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
(b) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(c) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(d) They use sonar technology to find land.
4. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
(a) His adultery.
(b) His writing.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His drinking.
5. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(b) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
(c) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
(d) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
3. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
4. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
5. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)