|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Cancer of the throat.
(c) A botched surgery.
(d) A hit-and-run car accident.
2. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The California Knowledge Project.
(b) The Association for New Horizons.
(c) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(d) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) January 1, 2004.
(b) May 21, 1981.
(c) February 20, 2108.
(d) May 1, 2345.
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(b) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(c) A plump girl beside him.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
5. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(b) They would have gotten along splendidly.
(c) They would not have liked one another.
(d) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
2. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
3. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
5. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)