|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
2. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(b) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
3. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
(a) They would not have liked one another.
(b) Their political differences would have proved too much for even a casual acquaintance.
(c) They would have been indifferent to one another.
(d) They would have gotten along splendidly.
4. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Lou Lublin.
(b) William Tallis
(c) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(d) Bob Briggs.
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A library.
(d) A palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
4. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
5. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)