|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The Association for New Horizons.
(b) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(c) The California Knowledge Project.
(d) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
2. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) May 21, 1981.
(b) January 1, 2004.
(c) February 20, 2108.
(d) May 1, 2345.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(a) Retired military officer.
4. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(b) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
5. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Kiwi.
(b) The Worchestershire.
(c) The Canterbury.
(d) The Flying Dutchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
3. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
4. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
5. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)