|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(b) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(c) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(d) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
3. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(b) The California Knowledge Project.
(c) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(d) The Association for New Horizons.
4. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Tallis family.
(b) The Coulton family.
(c) The Lublin family.
(d) The Briggs family.
5. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
2. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
3. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
5. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)