|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to drive to Cottonwood Ranch to find William Tallis?
(a) The narrator and Bob Briggs.
(b) The narrator only.
(c) The narrator, Bob Briggs, and Lou Lublin.
(d) Bob Briggs only.
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Michael Faraday.
(d) John "Mad Jack" Fuller.
4. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(d) A plump girl beside him.
5. William Tallis died from ___________.
(a) Cancer of the throat.
(b) A botched surgery.
(c) A hit-and-run car accident.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
2. How much does Bob owe the government in back taxes?
3. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)