|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the innermost chamber where the Arch Vicar resides?
(a) The Unholy of Unholies.
(b) Belial's Den.
(c) The High Altar.
(d) Cocktail Lounge.
2. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
3. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) W.B. Yeats.
(d) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) A deadly plague.
(c) Robots who turned on their masters.
(d) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
5. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(b) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
(c) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(d) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
2. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
3. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
5. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)