|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(b) They use sonar technology to find land.
(c) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(d) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
2. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) He only participates in sex for procreation.
(b) He enjoys it on a regular basis.
(c) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(d) It is revolting.
3. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Tool of the Devil.
(b) Mistress of Belial.
(c) Satan's Spawn.
(d) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
4. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six months.
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(b) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(d) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
2. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
3. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
4. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
5. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)