|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(b) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
(c) By shaving their heads.
(d) By making them wear distinct earrings.
2. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
(b) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
(c) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
(d) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
3. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) Robots who turned on their masters.
(b) A deadly plague.
(c) World War Three.
(d) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) W.B. Yeats.
(b) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
(a) She feels it is unjust and horrific.
(b) She is indifferent, having seen the ritual dozens of times.
(c) She feels it is all in good fun.
(d) She feels it is necessary to maintain proper discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
2. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
3. What happens to sexually aggressive boys in the primitive community?
4. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
5. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)