|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
(a) Men are given regular injections of testosterone.
(b) Gamma radiation has interfered with female hormones.
(c) To control the population, sex is performed during certain moon phases.
(d) It is culturally ingrained and has no physical causation.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(b) Produces only the sublime.
(c) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(d) Crafts only the wicked.
3. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
(a) He expresses contempt for deformed babies.
(b) He is a man of action rather than words.
(c) He finds no value in books.
(d) He likes to talk to her.
4. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The Association for New Horizons.
(c) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(d) The California Knowledge Project.
5. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(b) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(c) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
(d) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
2. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
3. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
4. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
5. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)