|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) Robots who turned on their masters.
(b) A deadly plague.
(c) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(d) World War Three.
2. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) Books are burned.
3. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Reading in his seminary.
(b) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(c) Addressing the congregation.
(d) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
4. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
(b) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
(c) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
(d) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
5. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(b) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(c) He gives him a walking tour.
(d) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
2. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
3. What explanation does the Arch Vicar have for his community's restricted mating patterns?
4. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
5. Where do the Hots live?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)