|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
2. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) He was more fun than her other partners.
(b) He was a terrible lover.
(c) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
(d) She loves him desperately.
3. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(b) Men are possessed by Belial.
(c) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
(d) Women are possessed by Belial.
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Percy Shelley.
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(c) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(d) His leader's bacon sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
2. Which scientist is leashed by a female baboon at the beginning of the screenplay?
3. What is the most obvious difference between Arch Vicar's community and the Hots?
4. What job is assigned to Loola after her job review?
5. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)