|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(b) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(c) The California Knowledge Project.
(d) The Association for New Horizons.
2. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He stepped on a grave.
(b) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(c) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(d) He tried to run away.
3. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Three men.
(c) Three baboons.
(d) The Chief.
4. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
(a) She loves him desperately.
(b) He was a terrible lover.
(c) Given her cultural background, she is entirely indifferent.
(d) He was more fun than her other partners.
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(b) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(c) They use sonar technology to find land.
(d) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Arch Vicar's religion, how is procreation regulated?
2. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
3. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
4. What is the reason that sex has become seasonal for the primitive community?
5. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)