|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(c) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(d) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
2. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) Robots who turned on their masters.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
3. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
4. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(b) Men are possessed by Belial.
(c) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
(d) Women are possessed by Belial.
5. What is the Arch Vicar's perspective on sexual intercourse?
(a) It is healthy.
(b) He feels no emotion from sexual intercourse.
(c) Without it, he would have no reason to go on living.
(d) It is revolting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
2. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
3. How many laborers are assigned to Dr. Poole in his job?
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)