|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) Gamma radiation.
(c) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(d) A poisonous snake.
2. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) She will bear a deformed baby.
(b) Chief will kill her.
(c) They will run out of food.
(d) She is slowly dying from radiation.
3. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Mistress of Belial.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) Satan's Spawn.
(d) Tool of the Devil.
4. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The chimpanzee.
(b) The gorilla.
(c) The baboon.
(d) The lemur.
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(d) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
2. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
3. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
4. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
5. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)