|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(d) He stepped on a grave.
2. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
(a) The Arch Vicar.
(b) Two Postulants.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
3. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
(a) Two generations.
(b) Forty days and nights.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) One year.
4. What injures Miss Ethel Hook when she goes to look for Dr. Poole?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) An arrow shot by a primitive.
(d) Gamma radiation.
5. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
(a) She feels it is necessary to maintain proper discipline.
(b) She feels it is unjust and horrific.
(c) She is indifferent, having seen the ritual dozens of times.
(d) She feels it is all in good fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
3. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
4. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
5. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)