|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(b) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
(c) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
(d) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
2. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
(b) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
(c) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(d) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
3. On which street corner does Chief order books to be incinerated?
(a) Mausoleum Way and Hollywood Cemetery Square.
(b) 11th Street and Washington Boulevard.
(c) Belial Avenue and Azrael Drive.
(d) 5th Street and Pershing Square.
4. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
5. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(c) The Association for New Horizons.
(d) The California Knowledge Project.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
2. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
3. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
4. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)