|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Crafts only the wicked.
(b) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(c) Produces only the sublime.
(d) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
2. How long has it taken for the primitive community to establish their pattern of mating rituals?
(a) Two generations.
(b) One year.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Forty days and nights.
3. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(b) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(c) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(d) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
4. What explanation does the Arch Vicar have for his community's restricted mating patterns?
(a) It is necessary for survival.
(b) It is due to excessive gamma radiation.
(c) It is due to the powerful influence of the Hots community.
(d) It is the Law of Belial.
5. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Tool of the Devil.
(b) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(c) Satan's Spawn.
(d) Mistress of Belial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
2. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
3. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
4. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
5. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)