|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
2. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Men are possessed by Belial.
(b) Women are possessed by Belial.
(c) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(d) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
(a) They will run out of food.
(b) She is slowly dying from radiation.
(c) She will bear a deformed baby.
(d) Chief will kill her.
4. What event resulted in the destruction of a majority of mankind in the screenplay?
(a) World War Three.
(b) Overpopulation of a poisonous frog.
(c) A deadly plague.
(d) Robots who turned on their masters.
5. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(b) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(c) He gives him a walking tour.
(d) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
2. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
3. What is Loola's initial perspective on her night of sex with Dr. Poole?
4. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)