|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leashed scientist beaten with by the female baboon holding him?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) A riding switch.
(d) A spatula.
2. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(b) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(c) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
(d) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A palace.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A library.
(d) A cemetery.
4. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Air bomb the entire area.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Stage a military rescue.
5. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
2. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
3. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
4. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)