|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
(a) The Power of Belial.
(b) The Suffering of Mankind.
(c) The Beauty of Nature.
(d) The Nature of Woman.
2. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
(a) Because of raging sea storms, it was not accessible to aggressors.
(b) Its leaders engaged in clever diplomacy.
(c) It was not deemed to be of any important military value.
(d) It built great bunkers that protected its people.
3. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
(c) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(d) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
4. What does the Arch Vicar tell Dr. Poole about his scientist friends?
(a) They were malnourished and fell to a pack of wolves.
(b) They are coming for him now, and he must make a choice as to where to go.
(c) They were wounded trying to find him, and there will be no rescue.
(d) They are all dead from gamma radiation.
5. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
(c) Scientific curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
2. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
3. What is the Chief's perspective on sexual intercourse?
4. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
5. What job is given to Dr. Poole in the primitive community?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)