|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Dr. Poole read from while courting Loola?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A book of Shelley's poetry.
(c) William Tallis' Ape and Essence.
(d) Shakespeare's love sonnets.
2. Loola notes that Dr. Poole is different from the primitive men in what way?
(a) He finds no value in books.
(b) He expresses contempt for deformed babies.
(c) He likes to talk to her.
(d) He is a man of action rather than words.
3. Who "ravishes" Dr. Poole during mating season?
(a) Two Postulants.
(b) Two young mulatto girls.
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him a walking tour.
(b) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(c) He orders the lights to be turned on.
(d) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
2. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
3. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
4. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
5. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)