|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The California Knowledge Project.
(c) The Association for New Horizons.
(d) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
2. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
(a) Religious leaders and the chorus of youths.
(b) Gravediggers and criminals.
(c) Women and their deformed babies.
(d) Men and their healthy babies.
3. As Dr. Poole and Loola have sex, what is the Arch Vicar doing?
(a) Watching them proudly from the shadows.
(b) Addressing the congregation.
(c) Giving last rites to the latest deformed babies.
(d) Reading in his seminary.
4. What emotion best describes Dr. Poole's state of mind after the mating rituals?
(b) Scientific curiosity.
5. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
(a) Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) A collection of letters and personal essays by Marcel Proust.
(c) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) A volume of Shelley's poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Canterbury scientists ultimately decide to do about Dr. Poole?
2. What is the name for those who do not obey the strict mating rituals of the Arch Vicar's religion?
3. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
4. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
5. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)