|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Dr. Poole's emotions at seeing the mating rituals be best described?
(a) Excited, yet revolted.
(d) Scientifically curious.
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
(a) The gorilla.
(b) The chimpanzee.
(c) The baboon.
(d) The lemur.
3. How does the Arch Vicar aid Dr. Poole in seeing the mating rituals better?
(a) He gives him a walking tour.
(b) He gives him night-vision goggles.
(c) He orders all couples to be brought out into the moonlight.
(d) He orders the lights to be turned on.
4. What does Dr. Schneeglock blame for Dr. Poole's lack of a fulfillment of his promise?
(a) Dr. Poole still lives with his mother.
(b) Dr. Poole's mother died when he was only a baby.
(c) Dr. Poole is a gambler with significant debts.
(d) Dr. Poole is promiscuous and cannot stay with one woman.
5. Who assigns jobs in the primitive community?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor's Chief Assistant.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
3. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
4. What is the first thing to appear in the "Ape and Essence" screenplay?
5. Who stands guard over Dr. Poole during the mating rituals to ensure he does not escape?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)