One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Script, pages 100-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
(a) He believes the community lacks proper discipline.
(b) He does not believe in the harsh discipline exacted by the religious leaders.
(c) He believes people should be more free to pursue their own interests.
(d) As he delivers discipline himself, he is quite pleased with the level of discipline.
2. Why does Dr. Poole claim he cannot fix the Chief's train?
(a) Dr. Poole does not wish to help the Chief, whom he considers evil.
(b) Dr. Poole pretends he does not know how to fix the train to provide leverage for future negotiations.
(c) Dr. Poole does not possess the necessary engineering background.
(d) Dr. Poole would only fix the train if the Chief released Loola.
3. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
4. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(c) An idol.
(d) The Devil.
5. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(c) Miss Ethel Hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injures Dr. Cudworth when he goes to look for Dr. Poole?
2. What kind of primate represents the "least among man," according to the narrator?
3. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
4. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
5. According to the Arch Vicar, what makes men into cowards, saints, and humans?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)