Section 1: Tallis
1. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Bob Briggs.
(b) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(c) William Tallis
(d) Lou Lublin.
2. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(c) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(d) The day World War II formally ended.
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
(b) Retired military officer.
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
(a) The Studio Commissary.
(b) Murcia, California.
(c) The Cottonwood Ranch.
(d) The Hollywood Cemetery.
5. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
6. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He has made a series of poor investments.
(b) His home was recently robbed.
(c) He has accrued gambling debts.
(d) He owes back taxes.
This section contains 5,535 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)