Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are present to hear the speech?
2. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
3. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
4. What has Ikem done in the past with his writing, according to the visitors?
5. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
Write an essay about lies and dishonesty in Anthills of the Savannah.
1) What lies are told to the Abazonians regarding the President's bid to become dictator-for-life, as told by the Abazon elder in Chapter 9?
2) What lies are told about Ikem and the circumstances surrounding his death?
3) What lies are told about the President's disappearance?
Chris and Ikem are former schoolmates who end up in high positions in the government, but handle their responsibility in different ways.
1) Compare and contrast Chris and Ikem. How are they different in terms of personality, motivation, and in the way they react to the growing power of their friend the President?
2) Which character do you think has more integrity? Which character is wiser or more practical?
Discuss the critique of male chauvinism in Anthills of the Savannah.
1) How are the female characters presented--are they equals to men?
2) Which characters display sexist or chauvinist attitudes?
3) How does Beatrice experience male chauvinism in her life, as recounted in Chapter 7, and how does she confront Ikem about his sexist attitudes?
4) How are females presented in traditional African folk tales about the Sky and Idemili?
5) What, if any, significance is there in the fact that Chris dies while defending a young woman from being raped?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)