Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are present to hear the speech?
2. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
3. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
4. What has Ikem done in the past with his writing, according to the visitors?
5. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Ikem's theory of "New Radicalism" as presented in his speech at the university.
1) What is the problem with the idea of a proletarian-led democracy?
2) Who needs to clean up their act before democracy can be achieved?
Essay Topic 2
According to The New York Review of Books, the novel Anthills of the Savannah "has wonderful satiric moments and resounds with big African laughter." Write an essay discussing the humor in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Ikem says at one point that the President is well meaning and will do the right thing if he is told what the right thing is. To what extent is this true?
1) The people around the President fear him and tell him what they think he wants to hear. Does this make them equally guilty for making him into a tyrant? Would he be less of a tyrant if people would stand up to him?
2) Chris says that Ikem's editorials accomplish nothing but aggravating people. Is he right? When, if ever, has the President taken action based on Ikem's urgings?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)