Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
(a) He is plotting against the President.
(b) He stays home, drinks cold beer, and forgets about the people.
(c) He fights for the small people.
(d) He has caused a traffic accident.
2. What is the worst failure of government, according to Ikem?
(a) The failure to connect with the poor and dispossessed.
(b) The massive and pervasive corruption.
(c) The reliance on capitalism.
(d) Subservience to foreign manipulation.
3. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(b) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
(c) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(d) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
4. What shocking news is given over the radio at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) The leaders from Abazon have mysteriously disappeared--likely kidnapped by the SRC.
(b) Ikem has been sacked from his job.
(c) The six leaders from Abazon are under arrest for staging an illegal protest.
(d) The President is ill and is in the hospital.
5. What does Elewa say about Ikem's car?
(a) It isn't flashy, but it's dependable.
(b) It is dangerous to drive.
(c) She is proud to be seen in it.
(d) It makes her ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
2. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
3. What do the men who visit Ikem want from him?
4. Who is Braimoh?
5. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)