|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ikem offer the soldier who stops him for questioning?
(a) Kola nuts.
(b) Palm wine.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A bribe.
2. What typically happens at police and army checkpoints?
(a) The guards take a bribe from the bus driver and send him on his way.
(b) The guards rifle through the passengers' belongings and confiscate any valuables.
(c) The guards ask for every passenger's identification papers.
(d) Everyone must get off the bus for questioning.
3. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
(a) A young tree.
(b) A back trembling with red scars.
(c) An impetuous son.
(d) A whipped slave.
5. What is revealed about Elewa in Chapter 13?
(a) She also participated in the plot to overthrow the President.
(b) She is actually a spy for the secret police.
(c) She wrote the letter incriminating Ikem.
(d) She is pregnant with Ikem's baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
2. What makes Chris smile as he dies?
3. Who do political leaders always claim to be working for, according to Ikem?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where is Chris planning to travel?
5. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)