|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of Ikem's prospective mother-in-law (Elewa's mother)?
(a) She is a market-woman who sells cloth.
(b) She is a peasant.
(c) She is a professor at the university.
(d) She is a union leader.
2. Who is Braimoh?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A student union leader.
(c) Chris's former government aide.
(d) A priest.
3. What is the meaning of Amaechina, the name of Elewa and Ikem's baby girl?
(a) May the path never close.
(b) A woman is also something.
(c) A new hope is born.
(d) The remnant shall return.
4. What does Chris realize at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) It is not easy for a rich man to pretend he is poor.
(b) He learned nothing of value in college.
(c) The poor are actually much happier than the rich.
(d) He is braver than he ever thought possible.
5. Who names Elewa's baby?
(b) The group of friends name her together.
(c) Beatrice's servant, Agatha.
(d) Elewa's elderly uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ikem, what do all poor people seem to want from their leaders?
2. What message does Beatrice receive from an anonymous caller at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
4. What makes Chris smile as he dies?
5. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)