|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
(a) An impetuous son.
(b) A young tree.
(c) A back trembling with red scars.
(d) A whipped slave.
2. What does Elewa say about Ikem's car?
(a) It is dangerous to drive.
(b) It isn't flashy, but it's dependable.
(c) She is proud to be seen in it.
(d) It makes her ashamed.
3. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
(a) Mingle with the poor or make friends with poor and low-class people.
(b) Drive luxury cars or otherwise show off their wealth.
(c) Pretend to be like the poor by wearing aged jeans.
(d) They can do anything they like.
4. What does Chris want to do?
(a) Suspend Ikem.
(b) Give Beatrice another chance.
(c) Discuss the issue with Ikem first.
5. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
(a) He is an elitist.
(b) He is a communist.
(c) He is nothing more than ordinary riff-raff.
(d) He is corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
2. Who will make the journey with Chris?
3. Who names Elewa's baby?
4. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
5. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)