|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
(c) Bug spray.
(d) A stove to heat water.
2. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
(a) They represent the good of the common people.
(b) They are "ordinary riff-raffs."
(c) They are corrupt.
(d) They hold no power.
3. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
(a) An impetuous son.
(b) A back trembling with red scars.
(c) A young tree.
(d) A whipped slave.
4. What does the national newspaper report about Ikem the following day?
(a) He is in favor of killing the President.
(b) He will be deported immediately.
(c) He has disappeared.
(d) He is guilty of the crime of regicide.
5. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Peugeot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of government is proposed by one of the audience members?
2. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
3. What is the meaning of the phrase "Ife onye metalu," painted on the front of the bus?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where is Chris planning to travel?
5. What is Ikem's mood at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)