|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where is Chris planning to travel?
(a) To the province of Abazon.
(b) To London.
(c) To the sea coast in the west, where he can catch a boat to America.
(d) To guerrilla camps in the mountains.
2. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(b) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(c) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
(d) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
3. Who names Elewa's baby?
(b) Beatrice's servant, Agatha.
(c) Elewa's elderly uncle.
(d) The group of friends name her together.
4. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
(a) Bug spray.
(c) A stove to heat water.
5. What happens to the President?
(a) He committed suicide when he learned the coup was imminent.
(b) He was kidnapped by "unknown persons" and is presumed dead.
(c) He fled to England.
(d) He was kidnapped, tortured, shot, and buried in the bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
2. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What happens to Ikem Osodi?
4. Who is deported within forty-eight hours after Ikem's speech?
5. What shocking news do the travelers hear toward the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)