|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What typically happens at police and army checkpoints?
(a) The guards ask for every passenger's identification papers.
(b) Everyone must get off the bus for questioning.
(c) The guards rifle through the passengers' belongings and confiscate any valuables.
(d) The guards take a bribe from the bus driver and send him on his way.
2. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Peugeot.
3. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
(a) They represent the good of the common people.
(b) They are corrupt.
(c) They hold no power.
(d) They are "ordinary riff-raffs."
4. The visitors call Ikem "oga." What do you guess is the meaning of that word?
(c) Important man.
(d) Writer or storyteller.
5. What is a main point of Ikem's speech?
(a) The country must not be run by the elite, but by the common people.
(b) Writers should not simply document social problems, but must propose solutions.
(c) Democracy cannot work until the workers and students rid themselves of corruption.
(d) The people must commit themselves to charitable work in order to help the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ikem say is the title of his speech?
2. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
3. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
4. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
5. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)