|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(b) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(c) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
(d) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
2. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does Chris realize at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) It is not easy for a rich man to pretend he is poor.
(b) The poor are actually much happier than the rich.
(c) He learned nothing of value in college.
(d) He is braver than he ever thought possible.
4. How does the landscape change as the bus continues on its journey?
(a) It changes from rainforest to increasingly dry grassland.
(b) It changes from arid desert to lush rainforest.
(c) It changes from flat plains to rugged mountains.
(d) It changes from flat plains to rolling hills and valleys.
5. In which direction is Chris traveling in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
2. What do the men who visit Ikem want from him?
3. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
4. Who names Elewa's baby?
5. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)