|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the worst failure of government, according to Ikem?
(a) The failure to connect with the poor and dispossessed.
(b) Subservience to foreign manipulation.
(c) The reliance on capitalism.
(d) The massive and pervasive corruption.
2. How does Chris die?
(a) An old man identifies him as the Commissioner for Information, and he is shot by police for the reward.
(b) He stumbles in the road and is hit by a bus.
(c) He is shot while saving a girl from being raped by a police officer.
(d) He dies of a combination of shock and heatstroke after learning of the coup.
3. What is the meaning of the phrase "Ife onye metalu," painted on the front of the bus?
(a) What a man commits.
(b) Angel of Mercy.
(c) All Saints Bus.
4. Which of the following best describes Ikem's speeches?
(a) They can be shocking and even offensive to their listeners.
(b) They are serious speeches with little or no humor.
(c) They are not typically controversial.
(d) They make listeners feel good about themselves and their land.
5. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Datsun.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Peugeot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction is Chris traveling in Chapter 17?
2. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
3. Who names Elewa's baby?
4. What type of government is proposed by one of the audience members?
5. What is the job of Ikem's prospective mother-in-law (Elewa's mother)?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)