|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who names Elewa's baby?
(a) Elewa's elderly uncle.
(b) Beatrice's servant, Agatha.
(d) The group of friends name her together.
2. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
(a) He is plotting against the President.
(b) He stays home, drinks cold beer, and forgets about the people.
(c) He fights for the small people.
(d) He has caused a traffic accident.
3. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Over 2000.
(b) Over 5000.
(c) About 500.
(d) Only about 100.
4. What does the national newspaper report about Ikem the following day?
(a) He is in favor of killing the President.
(b) He will be deported immediately.
(c) He is guilty of the crime of regicide.
(d) He has disappeared.
5. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
(a) He is nothing more than ordinary riff-raff.
(b) He is corrupt.
(c) He is a communist.
(d) He is an elitist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
2. What does Ikem say is the title of his speech?
3. What shocking news do the travelers hear toward the end of Chapter 17?
4. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. Who will make the journey with Chris?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)