|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news is given over the radio at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) The President is ill and is in the hospital.
(b) The leaders from Abazon have mysteriously disappeared--likely kidnapped by the SRC.
(c) The six leaders from Abazon are under arrest for staging an illegal protest.
(d) Ikem has been sacked from his job.
2. According to the National Gazette, Chris is spotted wearing what disguise?
(a) A false beard.
(b) A cap and sunglasses.
(c) A nun's habit.
(d) A turban.
3. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Who is Braimoh?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) Chris's former government aide.
(c) A priest.
(d) A student union leader.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where is Chris planning to travel?
(a) To the sea coast in the west, where he can catch a boat to America.
(b) To the province of Abazon.
(c) To London.
(d) To guerrilla camps in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
2. To what does Chris compare himself, Ikem, and the President?
3. Why is the President angry when he meets with Chris in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Ikem liken himself to at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What does Chris's death teach Emmanuel?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)