|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The visitors call Ikem "oga." What do you guess is the meaning of that word?
(a) Writer or storyteller.
(d) Important man.
2. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
(a) Clean water.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
3. What message does Beatrice receive from an anonymous caller at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Chris must be moved to a new hiding place.
(b) Chris wants to meet with her that evening.
(c) Chris will be sent to London that night.
(d) Chris's hiding place is secure and she should not worry.
4. Where does Ikem go to make a speech in Chapter 12?
(a) To Abazon.
(b) To the Presidential Palace.
(c) To the University of Bassa.
(d) To the American Embassy.
5. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
(a) He is still bitter about the way they gossiped about his English girlfriend.
(b) He thinks they have been working behind his back to have him overthrown.
(c) They did not help ensure his election as President for life.
(d) They have been leaking information about him to the foreign press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emmanuel?
2. Who does Ikem point out is not in the audience?
3. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
4. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
5. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)