|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of Ikem's prospective mother-in-law (Elewa's mother)?
(a) She is a market-woman who sells cloth.
(b) She is a professor at the university.
(c) She is a union leader.
(d) She is a peasant.
2. What happens to the President?
(a) He committed suicide when he learned the coup was imminent.
(b) He was kidnapped by "unknown persons" and is presumed dead.
(c) He fled to England.
(d) He was kidnapped, tortured, shot, and buried in the bush.
3. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Clean water.
4. What does Ikem say is the title of his speech?
(a) Caesar and Brutus.
(b) Samson and Jezebel.
(c) The Tortoise and the Leopard.
(d) The Elephant and the Mouse.
5. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
(a) With smiles.
(b) In a friendly but insincere way.
(d) With scowls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
2. What does Ikem offer the soldier who stops him for questioning?
3. To what does Chris compare himself, Ikem, and the President?
4. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
5. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)