|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
(a) She is religious, but has no sense of charity.
(b) She is totally incompetent, but Beatrice loves her anyway.
(c) Although she worships "primitive" gods, she is not a primitive person.
(d) She pretends to be kind, but is really wicked and cruel.
2. Where does Ikem go to make a speech in Chapter 12?
(a) To Abazon.
(b) To the American Embassy.
(c) To the University of Bassa.
(d) To the Presidential Palace.
3. What do people call the type of bus Chris and his companions take?
4. How does the landscape change as the bus continues on its journey?
(a) It changes from flat plains to rugged mountains.
(b) It changes from rainforest to increasingly dry grassland.
(c) It changes from flat plains to rolling hills and valleys.
(d) It changes from arid desert to lush rainforest.
5. How does Chris die?
(a) He stumbles in the road and is hit by a bus.
(b) He is shot while saving a girl from being raped by a police officer.
(c) He dies of a combination of shock and heatstroke after learning of the coup.
(d) An old man identifies him as the Commissioner for Information, and he is shot by police for the reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Elewa in Chapter 13?
2. In what has Ikem lost his faith?
3. What are the rich and powerful like, according to Ikem?
4. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
5. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)