|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government is proposed by one of the audience members?
(a) An oligarchy led by the educated people of the nation.
(b) A theocratic dictatorship guided by the principles of Islam.
(c) A Western-style democracy led by the middle class, or bourgeoisie.
(d) A democratic dictatorship led by the working class, or proletariat.
2. To what does Chris compare himself, Ikem, and the President?
(a) Three green peacocks strutting proudly.
(b) Three green saplings about to be chopped for firewood.
(c) Three green bottles on a shelf.
(d) Three green beetles singing.
3. Why is the President angry when he meets with Chris in Chapter 11?
(a) He believes that Ikem helped plan the Abazonians' march on the Palace.
(b) Ikem has published yet another article demanding the President step down.
(c) Chris wants to resign from his position.
(d) Beatrice has humiliated him in front of the Americans.
4. What happens to the President?
(a) He committed suicide when he learned the coup was imminent.
(b) He fled to England.
(c) He was kidnapped by "unknown persons" and is presumed dead.
(d) He was kidnapped, tortured, shot, and buried in the bush.
5. Who is deported within forty-eight hours after Ikem's speech?
(a) The leader of the University of Bassa Student Union.
(b) Mad Medico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. What is the job of Ikem's prospective mother-in-law (Elewa's mother)?
3. What is the meaning of the phrase "Ife onye metalu," painted on the front of the bus?
4. Who does Ikem point out is not in the audience?
5. Who is Braimoh?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)