|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ikem liken himself to at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A laborer.
(b) A beaten-down slave.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A poet.
2. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
(a) Fresh vegetables.
(d) Clean water.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where is Chris planning to travel?
(a) To London.
(b) To the sea coast in the west, where he can catch a boat to America.
(c) To guerrilla camps in the mountains.
(d) To the province of Abazon.
4. What does the national newspaper report about Ikem the following day?
(a) He is in favor of killing the President.
(b) He is guilty of the crime of regicide.
(c) He has disappeared.
(d) He will be deported immediately.
5. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
(a) Drive luxury cars or otherwise show off their wealth.
(b) They can do anything they like.
(c) Pretend to be like the poor by wearing aged jeans.
(d) Mingle with the poor or make friends with poor and low-class people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What does Ikem say is the title of his speech?
3. How does the landscape change as the bus continues on its journey?
4. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
5. What does Chris's death teach Emmanuel?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)