|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does the President demand Chris do?
(a) Resign immediately as Commissioner of Information.
(b) Spy on Ikem for him.
(c) Suspend Ikem from his job as editor of the National Gazette.
(d) Break things off with Beatrice, who has insulted the President.
2. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Over 2000.
(b) Over 5000.
(c) Only about 100.
(d) About 500.
3. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
(a) They did not help ensure his election as President for life.
(b) They have been leaking information about him to the foreign press.
(c) He thinks they have been working behind his back to have him overthrown.
(d) He is still bitter about the way they gossiped about his English girlfriend.
4. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
(a) He has caused a traffic accident.
(b) He fights for the small people.
(c) He is plotting against the President.
(d) He stays home, drinks cold beer, and forgets about the people.
5. What other piece of false information is given by the newspaper about Chris?
(a) He is missing and presumed dead.
(b) He is now in police custody.
(c) He may have fled for London.
(d) He is wanted by security officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
2. Who does Ikem point out is not in the audience?
3. Who is Ikem preparing to see in Chapter 10?
4. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
5. What does Chris want to do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)