|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes unexpectedly to see Ikem at his home in Chapter 10?
(a) Members of the Secret Police.
(b) People from the Abazon delegation.
(c) A group of peasants.
(d) Taxi drivers.
2. Which of the following is true about Elewa?
(a) She is semi-illiterate and very insecure.
(b) She is well-educated, but unsure of herself.
(c) She is well-educated and confident.
(d) She is semi-illiterate, but very self-confident.
3. Which of the following best describes Ikem's speeches?
(a) They are not typically controversial.
(b) They are serious speeches with little or no humor.
(c) They can be shocking and even offensive to their listeners.
(d) They make listeners feel good about themselves and their land.
4. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
(a) He is corrupt.
(b) He is a communist.
(c) He is an elitist.
(d) He is nothing more than ordinary riff-raff.
5. The visitors call Ikem "oga." What do you guess is the meaning of that word?
(c) Important man.
(d) Writer or storyteller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Chris smile as he dies?
2. Who is deported within forty-eight hours after Ikem's speech?
3. According to the National Gazette, Chris is spotted wearing what disguise?
4. What does Ikem say is the title of his speech?
5. In Chapter 11, what does the President demand Chris do?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)