|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Only about 100.
(b) Over 5000.
(c) About 500.
(d) Over 2000.
2. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
(a) The President has now officially become a tyrant.
(b) The President must think he is a God.
(c) Any President who puts his image on money shows that he can be bought with money.
(d) Any President foolish enough to put his head on a coin invites people to take his head off.
3. What happens to the President?
(a) He committed suicide when he learned the coup was imminent.
(b) He was kidnapped, tortured, shot, and buried in the bush.
(c) He was kidnapped by "unknown persons" and is presumed dead.
(d) He fled to England.
4. What does Chris realize at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He is braver than he ever thought possible.
(b) The poor are actually much happier than the rich.
(c) He learned nothing of value in college.
(d) It is not easy for a rich man to pretend he is poor.
5. According to the National Gazette, Chris is spotted wearing what disguise?
(a) A nun's habit.
(b) A turban.
(c) A false beard.
(d) A cap and sunglasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When stopped by a soldier for questioning, what does Chris tell the soldier his profession is?
2. What is the job of Ikem's prospective mother-in-law (Elewa's mother)?
3. What does Chris find when he goes to Ikem's apartment?
4. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
5. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)