|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Over 2000.
(b) About 500.
(c) Over 5000.
(d) Only about 100.
2. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
(a) Drive luxury cars or otherwise show off their wealth.
(b) Mingle with the poor or make friends with poor and low-class people.
(c) Pretend to be like the poor by wearing aged jeans.
(d) They can do anything they like.
3. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
(a) It serves to make the privileged feel good about themselves.
(b) It is vital to the future of the nation.
(c) It is the only type of work that is truly worth doing.
(d) It is actually quite unnecessary.
4. What has Ikem done in the past with his writing, according to the visitors?
(a) Helped campaign for newer, safer roads.
(b) Pressured the President to change his mind on important issues.
(c) Forced the City Council to clean up the city.
(d) Stirred up trouble.
5. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
(a) Any President foolish enough to put his head on a coin invites people to take his head off.
(b) Any President who puts his image on money shows that he can be bought with money.
(c) The President has now officially become a tyrant.
(d) The President must think he is a God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
2. What is revealed about Elewa in Chapter 13?
3. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
4. What are the rich and powerful like, according to Ikem?
5. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)