|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
(a) The poor and dispossessed.
2. What message does Beatrice receive from an anonymous caller at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Chris will be sent to London that night.
(b) Chris must be moved to a new hiding place.
(c) Chris's hiding place is secure and she should not worry.
(d) Chris wants to meet with her that evening.
3. According to the National Gazette, Chris is spotted wearing what disguise?
(a) A nun's habit.
(b) A false beard.
(c) A turban.
(d) A cap and sunglasses.
4. Which of the following best describes Ikem's speeches?
(a) They make listeners feel good about themselves and their land.
(b) They are serious speeches with little or no humor.
(c) They are not typically controversial.
(d) They can be shocking and even offensive to their listeners.
5. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
(a) Bug spray.
(d) A stove to heat water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is deported within forty-eight hours after Ikem's speech?
2. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
3. Who does Ikem point out is not in the audience?
4. In what has Ikem lost his faith?
5. What other piece of false information is given by the newspaper about Chris?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)