|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
(a) He fights for the small people.
(b) He is plotting against the President.
(c) He has caused a traffic accident.
(d) He stays home, drinks cold beer, and forgets about the people.
2. In what has Ikem lost his faith?
(a) The art of journalism.
(b) Public affairs.
(c) The monarchy.
3. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
(a) She is religious, but has no sense of charity.
(b) She pretends to be kind, but is really wicked and cruel.
(c) She is totally incompetent, but Beatrice loves her anyway.
(d) Although she worships "primitive" gods, she is not a primitive person.
4. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Over 2000.
(b) Only about 100.
(c) Over 5000.
(d) About 500.
5. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
(a) University students.
(b) Taxi drivers.
(c) Members of the President's Cabinet.
(d) Factory laborers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of government is proposed by one of the audience members?
2. What does the national newspaper report about Ikem the following day?
3. What does Ikem offer the soldier who stops him for questioning?
4. Who is Ikem preparing to see in Chapter 10?
5. In which direction is Chris traveling in Chapter 17?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)