|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the national newspaper report about Ikem the following day?
(a) He will be deported immediately.
(b) He is guilty of the crime of regicide.
(c) He is in favor of killing the President.
(d) He has disappeared.
2. Who is Braimoh?
(a) A student union leader.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A priest.
(d) Chris's former government aide.
3. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
(a) A whipped slave.
(b) An impetuous son.
(c) A young tree.
(d) A back trembling with red scars.
4. To what does Chris compare himself, Ikem, and the President?
(a) Three green beetles singing.
(b) Three green peacocks strutting proudly.
(c) Three green saplings about to be chopped for firewood.
(d) Three green bottles on a shelf.
5. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
(b) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(c) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(d) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Ikem's speeches?
2. What does Chris's death teach Emmanuel?
3. What does Chris find when he goes to Ikem's apartment?
4. According to Ikem, what do all poor people seem to want from their leaders?
5. What typically happens at police and army checkpoints?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)