|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Africa eventually have, according to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
(a) They have been leaking information about him to the foreign press.
(b) He is still bitter about the way they gossiped about his English girlfriend.
(c) They did not help ensure his election as President for life.
(d) He thinks they have been working behind his back to have him overthrown.
3. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
(a) Bug spray.
(c) A stove to heat water.
4. To what does Chris compare himself, Ikem, and the President?
(a) Three green bottles on a shelf.
(b) Three green saplings about to be chopped for firewood.
(c) Three green beetles singing.
(d) Three green peacocks strutting proudly.
5. What typically happens at police and army checkpoints?
(a) The guards rifle through the passengers' belongings and confiscate any valuables.
(b) The guards ask for every passenger's identification papers.
(c) The guards take a bribe from the bus driver and send him on his way.
(d) Everyone must get off the bus for questioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
2. What kind of car does Ikem drive?
3. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
4. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
5. In which direction is Chris traveling in Chapter 17?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)