|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ikem Osodi?
(a) He is tortured and killed by government agents.
(b) He is publicly executed.
(c) He is shot by the secret police.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(b) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
(c) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(d) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
3. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
(a) The President has now officially become a tyrant.
(b) The President must think he is a God.
(c) Any President who puts his image on money shows that he can be bought with money.
(d) Any President foolish enough to put his head on a coin invites people to take his head off.
4. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
(a) Clean water.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
5. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
(a) It serves to make the privileged feel good about themselves.
(b) It is vital to the future of the nation.
(c) It is the only type of work that is truly worth doing.
(d) It is actually quite unnecessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names Elewa's baby?
2. What is the worst failure of government, according to Ikem?
3. How does Chris die?
4. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
5. What do the men who visit Ikem want from him?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)