|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word nneka?
(a) Mother is supreme.
(b) Mother is love.
(c) Mother is weak.
(d) Mother of God.
2. What does the President wish to be called?
(a) Your Excellency.
(c) Kabisa, or "King."
(d) By his Christian name, Sam.
3. To whom does the Attorney-General compare the President during their conversation near the end of Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(b) The wild Sun of April.
(c) The King of Misinformation.
(d) The Messenger of the Creator.
5. What does Chris say about Ikem's crusading editorials?
(a) He thinks they are brilliant, but dares not say so to the President.
(b) They don't accomplish anything but antagonizing everyone.
(c) He thinks they are rubbish and that Osodi is completely out of his mind.
(d) They will get Ikem killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fight between the President and the people of Abazon is likened to the struggle between which two animals?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who invites Beatrice to a private dinner?
3. Which is true about the Abazon elder?
4. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
5. What is the meaning of Beatrice's given name, Nwanyibuife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. So Therefore and how he got his nickname. What seems to be the attitude toward spousal abuse in Kangan?
2. What is Ikem's attitude toward women, according to Chris?
3. Whom does Okong warn the President about?
4. Describe the case of Mad Medico and Dr. Ofe. Why does the President's response to the crisis give Ikem hope?
5. What is Ikem's opinion of labor leaders?
6. What does Beatrice help Ikem to realize about women?
7. To whom are storytellers a threat, according to Ikem?
8. Why, according to Chris, does the President begin to distance himself from Ikem and Chris?
9. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
10. Who are the cab drivers who come to see Ikem, and why have they come?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)