|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of NTBB?
(a) National Telecommunications Bureau of Bassa.
(b) No Treatment Before Billing.
(c) Not To Be Broadcast.
(d) National Trust Bank of Bassa.
2. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
(a) Okong is a brilliant journalist and literary artist, if not a good politician.
(b) Okong, though a buffoon, is politically astute and adept at propaganda.
(c) Okong, though he may seem harmless, is a dangerous man.
(d) Okong, though a buffoon, is one of the few honest politicians in the government.
3. What weapon does the SRC director, Johnson Ossai, use to torture his victims during interrogations?
(a) A stapler.
(b) A razor.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A toilet plunger.
4. In their conversation near the end of Chapter 8, what does Beatrice urge Chris to do?
(a) Distance himself from Ikem, who is in the President's disfavor.
(b) Apologize to the President on her behalf.
(c) Run away with her to Europe.
(d) Work to patch things up with Ikem and help protect him.
5. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Messenger of the Creator.
(b) The wild Sun of April.
(c) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(d) The King of Misinformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is apparently the main reason the President refuses to visit Abazon?
2. The fight between the President and the people of Abazon is likened to the struggle between which two animals?
3. What does Ikem Osodi speak out against in his first crusading editorial?
4. What does the President say is true of all African chiefs?
5. According to Chris, which of the following describes Ikem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chris's death ironic, considering the news the group has just heard?
2. To whom are storytellers a threat, according to Ikem?
3. Why do the Abazon leaders fail to support the President's bid to become dictator-for-life, and what does the President do in response to their lack of support?
4. Why does Agatha refuse to serve Elewa? What does the incident suggest about class differences in their society?
5. Interpret Chris's dying words, "the last green."
6. Why, according to the Attorney-General, might Christopher Oriko pose a threat? Does the Attorney-General seem trustworthy?
7. What is Ikem's opinion of labor leaders?
8. How, according to Ikem, do working-class people expect their leaders to live?
9. Why must Chris leave the city?
10. Explain how Chris is able to fool the police at a security checkpoint.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)