|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the dinner Beatrice attends in Chapter 6 be held?
(a) At the Presidential Palace.
(b) At the White House.
(c) At the U.S. Embassy.
(d) At the Presidential Retreat.
2. What does the President say is true of all African chiefs?
(a) They can never trust anyone.
(b) They are polygamists.
(c) They are greedy.
(d) They are dictators.
3. What have the Abazonians heard about Ikem?
(a) He has no power to help them now, as he is in disfavor with the President.
(b) He is the puppet of the President.
(c) He has written critical articles about the Abazon people.
(d) He has fought for the poor people of the nation.
4. According to the African legend recounted by Ikem, what is once true about the Sky?
(a) It was close to the Earth.
(b) It was a woman.
(c) It was made of food.
(d) It was white instead of blue.
5. What is the real name of Mad Medico?
(a) Dr. Reginald Okong.
(b) Dick Smith.
(c) John Kent.
(d) John Madsen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
2. What weapon does the SRC director, Johnson Ossai, use to torture his victims during interrogations?
3. How does Mad Medico address the President?
4. According to Chris, which of the following describes Ikem?
5. What is one of Beatrice's nicknames?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
2. Why is Chris's death ironic, considering the news the group has just heard?
3. What does Ikem urge the students to do?
4. Describe the case of Mad Medico and Dr. Ofe. Why does the President's response to the crisis give Ikem hope?
5. Who are the demonstrators outside the Palace, and what do they want?
6. What is Ikem's opinion of labor leaders?
7. Who are the cab drivers who come to see Ikem, and why have they come?
8. Why, according to Chris, is it so difficult to resolve the conflicts between Ikem and himself?
9. Why does Agatha refuse to serve Elewa? What does the incident suggest about class differences in their society?
10. Chris urges Ikem to "lie low." If you were Ikem, what would you do?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)