|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Attorney-General claim the people of the nation want from the President?
(a) They want him to be president-for-life.
(b) They want him to step down immediately.
(c) They want him to call for national elections.
(d) They want an end to the political killings.
2. What is Mad Medico's job?
(a) The President's personal physician.
(b) Malpractice lawyer.
(c) Surgeon general.
(d) Hospital administrator.
3. What does Chris do that angers Ikem in Chapter 3?
(a) Forbids him to write a story about the delegation.
(b) Tells a lie about him to the President.
(c) Hangs up the phone on him.
(d) Shouts at him in front of the Council.
4. What is the name of the school attended by the President and Chris Oriko?
(a) The Boys' Finishing School in Bassa.
(b) Queen Mary College.
(c) Lord Lugard College.
(d) The Royal Academy of Kangan.
5. What is the meaning of Beatrice's given name, Nwanyibuife?
(a) African warrior.
(b) A female is nothing.
(c) A female is also something.
(d) African beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou Cranford say the President should do?
2. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
3. What is the meaning of NTBB?
4. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
5. Who disapproves of Beatrice's being physically intimate with Chris while the two are not married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does their stay at Braimoh's house teach Chris and Beatrice about the way the poor live?
2. Describe the confrontation between Ikem and the taxi driver in Chapter 3. What does it reveal about Ikem's character?
3. Describe Professor Okong.
4. Why do the Abazon leaders fail to support the President's bid to become dictator-for-life, and what does the President do in response to their lack of support?
5. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
6. Whom does Okong warn the President about?
7. To whom are storytellers a threat, according to Ikem?
8. Why, according to the Attorney-General, might Christopher Oriko pose a threat? Does the Attorney-General seem trustworthy?
9. What is happening outside the Presidential Palace in Chapter 1?
10. What is meant by the "Desdemona complex," and how does it apply to the President's behavior at the party?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)