|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
(a) Okong is a brilliant journalist and literary artist, if not a good politician.
(b) Okong, though a buffoon, is one of the few honest politicians in the government.
(c) Okong, though he may seem harmless, is a dangerous man.
(d) Okong, though a buffoon, is politically astute and adept at propaganda.
2. Which province is asking for the President's help?
3. What does the President wish to be called?
(a) Kabisa, or "King."
(c) Your Excellency.
(d) By his Christian name, Sam.
4. What is the name of Chris's girlfriend?
5. How do Chris Oriko and the President first meet?
(a) They met at university in England.
(b) They were in the military together.
(c) They were schoolmates at the age of 13 or 14.
(d) They grew up in the same small village.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the African legend recounted by Ikem, what is once true about the Sky?
2. According to Ikem, which is the biggest single group of oppressed people in the world?
3. What is the first shrine to Idemili?
4. What is a crime problem in the city now, much feared by Elewa?
5. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the cab drivers think of Ikem?
2. What is happening outside the Presidential Palace in Chapter 1?
3. Chris urges Ikem to "lie low." If you were Ikem, what would you do?
4. Describe the case of Mad Medico and Dr. Ofe. Why does the President's response to the crisis give Ikem hope?
5. What does Beatrice help Ikem to realize about women?
6. What message about women is portrayed in the African folk tale about why the sky is far away from the earth?
7. Describe Mad Medico's relationship to the President and his attitude toward him.
8. Why is Elewa angry with Ikem? Do you think she has a right to be angry?
9. What does the "Sun of April" represent in Ikem's allegory, and what does the allegory imply about the state of affairs in Kangan?
10. Whom does Okong warn the President about?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)