|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a crime problem in the city now, much feared by Elewa?
(a) Armed robberies.
(b) Spousal abuse.
(d) Political killings.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
(a) He is young and good-looking.
(b) He looks strong in a very disagreeable way.
(c) He speaks obsequiously to the President.
(d) He is friendly and talkative.
3. What is the meaning of Beatrice's given name, Nwanyibuife?
(a) African beauty.
(b) A female is also something.
(c) A female is nothing.
(d) African warrior.
4. Where is Sam educated?
(a) West Point.
5. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
(a) The officer who detained him denies ever seeing him before.
(b) He is threatened.
(c) The officer who detained him is reprimanded severely.
(d) He is jailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ikem, which is the biggest single group of oppressed people in the world?
2. What is the real name of Mad Medico?
3. What does the President claim to be?
4. What does the delegation from Abazon say they want?
5. What does Ikem think of the President, Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the President came to power and why he needed Christopher Oriko's help.
2. Whom does Okong warn the President about?
3. Why does Ikem feel exhilarated after his meeting with the taxi drivers?
4. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
5. Why, according to the Attorney-General, might Christopher Oriko pose a threat? Does the Attorney-General seem trustworthy?
6. Who are the demonstrators outside the Palace, and what do they want?
7. Who calls Beatrice with an anonymous tip about Chris, and what is the apparent purpose of the calls?
8. Chris urges Ikem to "lie low." If you were Ikem, what would you do?
9. Describe Mad Medico's relationship to the President and his attitude toward him.
10. Compare Beatrice's religious attitudes with those of her maid, Agatha.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)