|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American poet does Ikem quote when he says, "Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes"?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Robert Frost.
2. According to Chris, which of the following describes Ikem?
3. What do the people of Abazon do to anger the President?
(a) They tried to overthrow him.
(b) They took over a neighboring territory, brutally murdering the inhabitants.
(c) They voted against his becoming President for life.
(d) They wanted to become an independent state.
4. What is the first shrine to Idemili?
(a) A holy lake.
(b) A temple on a hill.
(c) A cave grotto.
(d) A holy river.
5. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
(a) A taxi sideswipes him, drawing an ugly gash on his car.
(b) He is arrested by the state police.
(c) He has a standoff with a taxi driver who tries to cut in front of him.
(d) He narrowly avoids a terrible accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
2. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
3. What does Chris's girlfriend study at the university?
4. In the hymn composed by Ikem, who is found dead in the marketplace?
5. What does Lou Cranford say the President should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ikem feel exhilarated after his meeting with the taxi drivers?
2. What does Beatrice help Ikem to realize about women?
3. What is the subject of Ikem's editorial "Hymn to the Sun"? What point is he trying to make with it?
4. How, according to Ikem, do working-class people expect their leaders to live?
5. Whom does Okong warn the President about?
6. Explain what the President wants Okong to do about the demonstration. Why won't he meet with the delegation himself?
7. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
8. Explain the purpose of Mad Medico's graffiti.
9. Describe the case of Mad Medico and Dr. Ofe. Why does the President's response to the crisis give Ikem hope?
10. Who is Idemili and what does the folk tale about her convey about female power?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)