|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ikem meet with the delegation from Abazon in Chapter 9?
(a) At his private home.
(b) At the hotel where they are staying.
(c) At the Presidential Palace.
(d) At his offices in the National Gazette.
2. What does Chris say the President is becoming?
(a) A ruthless dictator.
(b) A baby monster.
(c) A ridiculous buffoon.
(d) Increasingly reckless.
3. What natural disaster has occurred in Abazon province?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A drought.
(d) A flood.
4. What do the anthills tell the grass of the savannah?
(a) They tell about last year's brush fires.
(b) They tell about the importance of hard work.
(c) They warn about a hard drought ahead.
(d) They warn about a sandstorm on the way.
5. Where is Beatrice educated?
(a) She is uneducated, but has good common sense.
(b) Queen's College at the University of London.
(c) The University of Bassa in Kangan.
(d) Yale University School of Economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Beatrice's given name, Nwanyibuife?
2. Which best describes Sam as a young student?
3. What is Chris's job when Beatrice first meets him?
4. Where will the dinner Beatrice attends in Chapter 6 be held?
5. Who must appeal to Idemili?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the male chauvinism in Beatrice's childhood home.
2. What does their stay at Braimoh's house teach Chris and Beatrice about the way the poor live?
3. How, according to Ikem, do working-class people expect their leaders to live?
4. What is meant by the "Desdemona complex," and how does it apply to the President's behavior at the party?
5. Explain how Chris is able to fool the police at a security checkpoint.
6. Chris urges Ikem to "lie low." If you were Ikem, what would you do?
7. What does Beatrice help Ikem to realize about women?
8. Why is Elewa angry with Ikem? Do you think she has a right to be angry?
9. Who are the cab drivers who come to see Ikem, and why have they come?
10. To whom are storytellers a threat, according to Ikem?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)