|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's job?
(a) She works for the Ministry of Finance.
(b) She is a literature professor.
(c) She is a newspaper reporter.
(d) She works in a shop.
2. What is the position held by Christopher Oriko?
(a) Commissioner for Education.
(b) Editor of the National Gazette.
(c) Director of the State Research Council (SRC).
(d) Commissioner for Information.
3. What is the meaning of the word nneka?
(a) Mother of God.
(b) Mother is supreme.
(c) Mother is love.
(d) Mother is weak.
4. Who disapproves of Beatrice's being physically intimate with Chris while the two are not married?
(a) Beatrice's sister.
(b) Beatrice's mother.
(d) Beatrice's maid, Agatha.
5. According to Chris, which of the following describes Ikem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the President warned may be plotting against him?
2. According to legend, what happens in times past when the people of Abazon suffer?
3. What is one of Beatrice's nicknames?
4. What does Chris say the President is becoming?
5. Which best describes the religion practiced by Agatha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by the "Desdemona complex," and how does it apply to the President's behavior at the party?
2. Why is Elewa angry with Ikem? Do you think she has a right to be angry?
3. Describe Mad Medico's relationship to the President and his attitude toward him.
4. Why does Agatha refuse to serve Elewa? What does the incident suggest about class differences in their society?
5. How has the President changed, according to Ikem, and why has he done so?
6. Explain the purpose of Mad Medico's graffiti.
7. What does Beatrice help Ikem to realize about women?
8. Why must Chris leave the city?
9. Explain what happens in the parking lot after Ikem meets with the Abazon delegation. What does this incident seem to foreshadow?
10. According to Chris, why does Ikem resent him so much?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)