|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris's girlfriend study at the university?
(a) Chinese and Japanese.
(c) Political philosophy.
2. Why is Beatrice angry with Chris in Chapter 8?
(a) She thinks he cheated with another woman.
(b) She thinks he meant for her to spy on the President.
(c) She thinks he meant for her to sleep with the President.
(d) She is angry that he did not attend the party with her.
3. The fight between the President and the people of Abazon is likened to the struggle between which two animals?
(a) The fox and the rabbit.
(b) The lion and the mouse.
(c) The leopard and the tortoise.
(d) The elephant and the flea.
4. What is one of Beatrice's nicknames?
(a) Mama B.
5. Which of the following are mentioned in Ikem's hymn as dying off and leaving no void?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Ikem, is the enemy of art?
2. What is the Eye of God in the hymn?
3. What is the position held by Christopher Oriko?
4. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
5. Who is drinking with Mad Medico at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the National Gazette distort Ikem's words to make him seem guilty? What lies are told about his death?
2. Why is Beatrice angry with Chris? Does she have a right to be angry?
3. Who is Idemili and what does the folk tale about her convey about female power?
4. Describe the male chauvinism in Beatrice's childhood home.
5. Why is Chris's death ironic, considering the news the group has just heard?
6. Explain the story of the leopard and the tortoise. Why does the Abazon elder tell this story?
7. Explain how Chris is able to fool the police at a security checkpoint.
8. Describe the relationship between the President and his ministers of government, as revealed in Chapter 1.
9. Why is Beatrice unhappy about the dinner invitation from the President?
10. What does their stay at Braimoh's house teach Chris and Beatrice about the way the poor live?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)