|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
(a) Journalist for the London Times.
(b) Poetry magazine editor.
(c) A political economist.
(d) A specialist in African diseases.
2. Who is the President warned may be plotting against him?
(a) Professor Okong.
(b) The Attorney-General.
(c) Chris Oriko and Ikem Osodi.
(d) Major Johnson Ossai.
3. Which is most important in a great fight, according to the Abazon elder: the sounding of the battle drum, the fierce waging of the war itself, or the telling of the story afterwards?
(a) All are equally important.
(b) The fierce waging of the war itself.
(c) The story.
(d) The battle drum.
4. Who, according to law, has control over what is printed in the national newspaper?
(a) Ikem Osodi.
(b) Chris Oriko.
(c) The President.
(d) The Security Research Council.
5. What does the President claim to be?
(a) A career politician.
(b) A simple soldier.
(c) A law expert.
(d) A common civilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Attorney-General say may not be one hundred percent behind the President?
2. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
3. What is the meaning of the word nneka?
4. Where is Sam educated?
5. What does the Attorney-General claim the people of the nation want from the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Interpret Chris's dying words, "the last green."
2. How, according to Ikem, do working-class people expect their leaders to live?
3. Why is Beatrice angry with Chris? Does she have a right to be angry?
4. Describe Mr. So Therefore and how he got his nickname. What seems to be the attitude toward spousal abuse in Kangan?
5. Explain the purpose of Mad Medico's graffiti.
6. What does the "Sun of April" represent in Ikem's allegory, and what does the allegory imply about the state of affairs in Kangan?
7. What is Ikem's opinion of labor leaders?
8. What is happening outside the Presidential Palace in Chapter 1?
9. Describe the confrontation between Ikem and the taxi driver in Chapter 3. What does it reveal about Ikem's character?
10. Explain the story of the leopard and the tortoise. Why does the Abazon elder tell this story?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)