Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors say they have heard about Ikem?
(a) He is plotting against the President.
(b) He stays home, drinks cold beer, and forgets about the people.
(c) He fights for the small people.
(d) He has caused a traffic accident.
2. What is the worst failure of government, according to Ikem?
(a) The failure to connect with the poor and dispossessed.
(b) The massive and pervasive corruption.
(c) The reliance on capitalism.
(d) Subservience to foreign manipulation.
3. What ceremony is Beatrice planning to hold in her apartment at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A wedding ceremony for Emmanuel and Adamma.
(b) A funeral ceremony in memory of Chris and Ikem.
(c) A welcoming ceremony for the new government of Kangan.
(d) A naming ceremony for Elewa's baby girl.
4. What shocking news is given over the radio at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) The leaders from Abazon have mysteriously disappeared--likely kidnapped by the SRC.
(b) Ikem has been sacked from his job.
(c) The six leaders from Abazon are under arrest for staging an illegal protest.
(d) The President is ill and is in the hospital.
5. What does Elewa say about Ikem's car?
(a) It isn't flashy, but it's dependable.
(b) It is dangerous to drive.
(c) She is proud to be seen in it.
(d) It makes her ashamed.
6. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
(a) He is corrupt.
(b) He is nothing more than ordinary riff-raff.
(c) He is a communist.
(d) He is an elitist.
7. When the men show up unexpectedly at Ikem's house in Chapter 10, how do they greet Ikem?
(a) With scowls.
(b) With smiles.
(c) In a friendly but insincere way.
8. What do the men who visit Ikem want from him?
(a) To apologize for causing him trouble in traffic.
(b) To say he should write an article about Abazon.
(c) To warn that his life may be in danger.
(d) They threaten him with death if he continues his crusade.
9. Who is Braimoh?
(a) A priest.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) Chris's former government aide.
(d) A student union leader.
10. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
(a) An impetuous son.
(b) A whipped slave.
(c) A young tree.
(d) A back trembling with red scars.
11. When stopped by a soldier for questioning, what does Chris tell the soldier his profession is?
(a) A priest.
(b) A motor-parts salesman.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A taxi driver.
12. Which of the following best describes Ikem's speeches?
(a) They can be shocking and even offensive to their listeners.
(b) They are serious speeches with little or no humor.
(c) They are not typically controversial.
(d) They make listeners feel good about themselves and their land.
13. Who is prepared to go on strike to support Chris and protest Ikem's death?
(a) Members of the President's Cabinet.
(b) Taxi drivers.
(c) Factory laborers.
(d) University students.
14. What does Chris's death teach Emmanuel?
(a) That life is short and must be savored.
(b) That it is possible to die with dignity.
(c) That death is something to be laughed at, not feared.
(d) That the world is a cruel place.
15. Who is Ikem preparing to see in Chapter 10?
(a) Mad Medico.
(c) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do political leaders always claim to be working for, according to Ikem?
2. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
3. What does Chris realize at the end of Chapter 15?
4. According to Ikem, who poses a threat to leadership?
5. Where does Ikem go to make a speech in Chapter 12?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)