Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are present to hear the speech?
(a) Over 2000.
(b) About 500.
(c) Over 5000.
(d) Only about 100.
2. What should political leaders NOT do, according to Ikem?
(a) Drive luxury cars or otherwise show off their wealth.
(b) Mingle with the poor or make friends with poor and low-class people.
(c) Pretend to be like the poor by wearing aged jeans.
(d) They can do anything they like.
3. What does Ikem imply about charity work while addressing the charitable Rotary Club several months before?
(a) It serves to make the privileged feel good about themselves.
(b) It is vital to the future of the nation.
(c) It is the only type of work that is truly worth doing.
(d) It is actually quite unnecessary.
4. What has Ikem done in the past with his writing, according to the visitors?
(a) Helped campaign for newer, safer roads.
(b) Pressured the President to change his mind on important issues.
(c) Forced the City Council to clean up the city.
(d) Stirred up trouble.
5. What does Ikem say when asked about plans to put the President's image on the national currency?
(a) Any President foolish enough to put his head on a coin invites people to take his head off.
(b) Any President who puts his image on money shows that he can be bought with money.
(c) The President has now officially become a tyrant.
(d) The President must think he is a God.
6. What is Ikem's opinion of worker leaders and students?
(a) They are "ordinary riff-raffs."
(b) They represent the good of the common people.
(c) They hold no power.
(d) They are corrupt.
7. What is revealed about Elewa in Chapter 13?
(a) She is actually a spy for the secret police.
(b) She also participated in the plot to overthrow the President.
(c) She is pregnant with Ikem's baby.
(d) She wrote the letter incriminating Ikem.
8. What does Chris ask for at a restaurant that he cannot get?
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Clean water.
9. What are the rich and powerful like, according to Ikem?
10. Which of the following does Beatrice realize about her servant, Agatha?
(a) Although she worships "primitive" gods, she is not a primitive person.
(b) She is totally incompetent, but Beatrice loves her anyway.
(c) She is religious, but has no sense of charity.
(d) She pretends to be kind, but is really wicked and cruel.
11. What does Ikem offer the soldier who stops him for questioning?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A bribe.
(d) Kola nuts.
12. What common convenience can the poor people Chris is staying with not afford?
(c) A stove to heat water.
(d) Bug spray.
13. What do people call the type of bus Chris and his companions take?
14. How does the landscape change as the bus continues on its journey?
(a) It changes from flat plains to rolling hills and valleys.
(b) It changes from flat plains to rugged mountains.
(c) It changes from arid desert to lush rainforest.
(d) It changes from rainforest to increasingly dry grassland.
15. What is the meaning of Amaechina, the name of Elewa and Ikem's baby girl?
(a) The remnant shall return.
(b) May the path never close.
(c) A woman is also something.
(d) A new hope is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emmanuel?
2. According to the poem at the beginning of Chapter 10, what is Africa?
3. How does Chris die?
4. What does Chris want to do?
5. What makes Chris smile as he dies?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)