|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(b) The wild Sun of April.
(c) The King of Misinformation.
(d) The Messenger of the Creator.
2. Who is Mad Medico?
(a) A clinically insane mental patient who staged a protest against a hospital.
(b) The President's personal physician, who made an attempt on the President's life.
(c) The nickname of Dr. Ofe, a doctor guilty of serious malpractice.
(d) A foreigner who began a crusade against malpractice in the nation's hospitals.
3. Which is most important in a great fight, according to the Abazon elder: the sounding of the battle drum, the fierce waging of the war itself, or the telling of the story afterwards?
(a) All are equally important.
(b) The story.
(c) The battle drum.
(d) The fierce waging of the war itself.
4. What is the name of the school attended by the President and Chris Oriko?
(a) Lord Lugard College.
(b) The Boys' Finishing School in Bassa.
(c) Queen Mary College.
(d) The Royal Academy of Kangan.
5. What is Lou Cranford's attitude toward the President and his staff?
(a) Polite and formal.
(b) Admiring to the point of being worshipful.
(c) Familiar and domineering.
(d) Shy and a little fearful.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who invites Beatrice to a private dinner?
7. Who is Ikem Osodi?
(a) Editor of the National Gazette.
(b) Commissioner for Information.
(d) Commissioner for Education.
8. What does Chris's girlfriend study at the university?
(a) Chinese and Japanese.
(b) Political philosophy.
9. What is Beatrice's job?
(a) She is a newspaper reporter.
(b) She works for the Ministry of Finance.
(c) She is a literature professor.
(d) She works in a shop.
10. Where does Ikem meet with the delegation from Abazon in Chapter 9?
(a) At the hotel where they are staying.
(b) At the Presidential Palace.
(c) At his offices in the National Gazette.
(d) At his private home.
11. What have the Abazonians heard about Ikem?
(a) He is the puppet of the President.
(b) He has fought for the poor people of the nation.
(c) He has written critical articles about the Abazon people.
(d) He has no power to help them now, as he is in disfavor with the President.
12. What, according to Ikem, is the enemy of art?
13. Which best describes Sam as a young student?
14. What is the meaning of the phrase uwa-t'uwa, which Beatrice used to repeat to herself as a child?
(a) Woman born of woman.
(b) A woman is a woman.
(c) World within a world.
(d) World without end.
15. Who does the President send to officially welcome the Abazon delegation?
(a) Chris Oriko.
(b) Professor Okong.
(c) Major Johnson Ossai.
(d) Ikem Osodi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Idemili?
2. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
3. Why is Ikem Osodi's girlfriend, Elewa, angry with him in Chapter 4?
4. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
5. How do Chris Oriko and the President first meet?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)