Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a crime problem in the city now, much feared by Elewa?
(b) Political killings.
(c) Armed robberies.
(d) Spousal abuse.
2. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(b) The Messenger of the Creator.
(c) The King of Misinformation.
(d) The wild Sun of April.
3. Who is Mad Medico?
(a) A clinically insane mental patient who staged a protest against a hospital.
(b) The nickname of Dr. Ofe, a doctor guilty of serious malpractice.
(c) The President's personal physician, who made an attempt on the President's life.
(d) A foreigner who began a crusade against malpractice in the nation's hospitals.
4. What is the SRC?
(a) The committee in charge of propaganda.
(b) The secret police.
(c) A team of reporters from abroad.
(d) The national military.
5. What does Chris's girlfriend study at the university?
(a) Political philosophy.
(c) Chinese and Japanese.
6. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
(a) A political economist.
(b) A specialist in African diseases.
(c) Journalist for the London Times.
(d) Poetry magazine editor.
7. What does Chris say the modern leaders of Africa must be like in order to build up their nations?
(a) Democratically-elected Prime Ministers.
(b) Bloody reformists.
(c) Marxist crusaders.
(d) Medieval tyrants.
8. Which is most important in a great fight, according to the Abazon elder: the sounding of the battle drum, the fierce waging of the war itself, or the telling of the story afterwards?
(a) The fierce waging of the war itself.
(b) All are equally important.
(c) The battle drum.
(d) The story.
9. To what does Ikem compose a hymn?
(a) To his country, Kangan.
(b) To the Sun.
(c) To God.
(d) To the Moon.
10. What does the President say is true of all African chiefs?
(a) They are polygamists.
(b) They are dictators.
(c) They can never trust anyone.
(d) They are greedy.
11. Which American poet does Ikem quote when he says, "Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Walt Whitman.
12. Whom does Beatrice sometimes feel like while in bed with Chris?
(a) Beatrice from Dante's Divine Comedy.
(b) The goddess Idemili.
(c) Chielo, the holy priestess and prophetess.
(d) Queen Elizabeth with her paramour.
13. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Chris say he won't do?
(a) Resign his job.
(b) Give up the things he loves.
(c) Lie low.
(d) Abandon his friend, the President.
14. Who is Idemili?
(a) The Goddess of Love.
(b) Daughter of the Moon.
(c) Daughter of the Sun.
(d) The Goddess of War.
15. What natural disaster has occurred in Abazon province?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A flood.
(d) A drought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word nneka?
2. What is the position held by Christopher Oriko?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
4. Why is Ikem Osodi's girlfriend, Elewa, angry with him in Chapter 4?
5. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)