|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Chris Oriko and the President first meet?
(a) They met at university in England.
(b) They grew up in the same small village.
(c) They were schoolmates at the age of 13 or 14.
(d) They were in the military together.
2. Whom does Beatrice sometimes feel like while in bed with Chris?
(a) The goddess Idemili.
(b) Chielo, the holy priestess and prophetess.
(c) Beatrice from Dante's Divine Comedy.
(d) Queen Elizabeth with her paramour.
3. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
(a) Okong, though a buffoon, is one of the few honest politicians in the government.
(b) Okong, though a buffoon, is politically astute and adept at propaganda.
(c) Okong is a brilliant journalist and literary artist, if not a good politician.
(d) Okong, though he may seem harmless, is a dangerous man.
4. What is Sam's great talent?
(a) He is a talented military strategist.
(b) He is extremely clever at manipulating people.
(c) He is basically an actor with a great sense of theater.
(d) He is an accomplished classical pianist.
5. According to the African legend recounted by Ikem, what is once true about the Sky?
(a) It was close to the Earth.
(b) It was a woman.
(c) It was white instead of blue.
(d) It was made of food.
6. What does Ikem religiously avoid?
(a) Going out at night in a taxi.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Becoming too involved in neighborhood gossip.
(d) Allowing his girlfriends to sleep overnight.
7. To which character from literature does Beatrice compare the American woman, Lou Cranford?
8. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(b) The King of Misinformation.
(c) The Messenger of the Creator.
(d) The wild Sun of April.
9. What is Beatrice's job?
(a) She works in a shop.
(b) She is a newspaper reporter.
(c) She works for the Ministry of Finance.
(d) She is a literature professor.
10. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
(a) He speaks obsequiously to the President.
(b) He is young and good-looking.
(c) He looks strong in a very disagreeable way.
(d) He is friendly and talkative.
11. What does Ikem Osodi speak out against in his first crusading editorial?
(a) Punishment without trial.
(b) Forced marriage.
(c) Military takeovers.
(d) Public executions.
12. Why is Beatrice angry with Chris in Chapter 8?
(a) She thinks he meant for her to sleep with the President.
(b) She thinks he cheated with another woman.
(c) She thinks he meant for her to spy on the President.
(d) She is angry that he did not attend the party with her.
13. What is the real name of Mad Medico?
(a) Dick Smith.
(b) John Madsen.
(c) John Kent.
(d) Dr. Reginald Okong.
14. Who is Mad Medico?
(a) The nickname of Dr. Ofe, a doctor guilty of serious malpractice.
(b) A clinically insane mental patient who staged a protest against a hospital.
(c) A foreigner who began a crusade against malpractice in the nation's hospitals.
(d) The President's personal physician, who made an attempt on the President's life.
15. Who is the President warned may be plotting against him?
(a) Major Johnson Ossai.
(b) Chris Oriko and Ikem Osodi.
(c) Professor Okong.
(d) The Attorney-General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Attorney-General say may not be one hundred percent behind the President?
2. What does the Attorney-General claim the people of the nation want from the President?
3. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
4. What does the President do to punish the people from Abazon?
5. Where does Ikem meet with the delegation from Abazon in Chapter 9?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)