|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mad Medico once do for the President while they are both in England?
(a) Introduced him to some powerful people.
(b) Lent him some money.
(c) Found him a girlfriend.
(d) Nursed him through a long illness.
2. What does Chris say the President is becoming?
(a) A ridiculous buffoon.
(b) A ruthless dictator.
(c) A baby monster.
(d) Increasingly reckless.
3. What does the President do to punish the people from Abazon?
(a) He discontinued foreign aid to the territory.
(b) He sent a military force in to police the territory.
(c) He filled in the wells that were being dug on Abazon territory.
(d) He refused to allow medical personnel and supplies to enter the region.
4. What happens when Ikem goes to complain about the police constable's conduct?
(a) The officer who detained him is reprimanded severely.
(b) He is threatened.
(c) He is jailed.
(d) The officer who detained him denies ever seeing him before.
5. Which best describes the Commissioners' attitude toward the President as shown throughout Chapter 1?
6. Which is most important in a great fight, according to the Abazon elder: the sounding of the battle drum, the fierce waging of the war itself, or the telling of the story afterwards?
(a) The story.
(b) The battle drum.
(c) All are equally important.
(d) The fierce waging of the war itself.
7. What does Ikem think of the President, Sam?
(a) He is a brilliant man.
(b) He is a fool.
(c) He is a brutal and vicious dictator who must be overthrown.
(d) He is basically a good person who wants to do what is right.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who invites Beatrice to a private dinner?
9. Who is Idemili?
(a) The Goddess of Love.
(b) The Goddess of War.
(c) Daughter of the Moon.
(d) Daughter of the Sun.
10. What does Sam originally want to become, before he is steered into a military career?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A lawyer.
11. When Beatrice awakens the morning after her argument with the President, what does she hear a bird singing?
(a) Wake the lady, wake the lady!
(b) Beatrice, Beatrice!
(c) Is the king's property correct?
(d) Who mocks the king?
12. What is the meaning of Beatrice's given name, Nwanyibuife?
(a) African beauty.
(b) African warrior.
(c) A female is also something.
(d) A female is nothing.
13. Who is drinking with Mad Medico at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Ikem and Chris Oriko.
(b) Chris Oriko.
(c) No one.
14. What is a crime problem in the city now, much feared by Elewa?
(b) Spousal abuse.
(c) Armed robberies.
(d) Political killings.
15. What does Chris do that angers Ikem in Chapter 3?
(a) Tells a lie about him to the President.
(b) Shouts at him in front of the Council.
(c) Forbids him to write a story about the delegation.
(d) Hangs up the phone on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school attended by the President and Chris Oriko?
2. According to Ikem, which is the biggest single group of oppressed people in the world?
3. Which best describes the religion practiced by Agatha?
4. What does the President say is true of all African chiefs?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)