|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
(a) He gave the family of a dead patient money to sue the hospital where he worked.
(b) He injected a patient with an overdose of morphine, and the man died.
(c) He refused medical treatment to a man who could not pay, and the man died.
(d) He wrote insane graffiti terrorizing people in a hospital.
2. What is the Eye of God in the hymn?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Moon.
(d) A hurricane.
3. Which best describes Beatrice's attitude as she is being driven to the dinner at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Why is Ikem Osodi's girlfriend, Elewa, angry with him in Chapter 4?
(a) Ikem will not eat the food Elewa cooked.
(b) She thinks Ikem's controversial editorials are putting them both at risk.
(c) Ikem is sending her home.
(d) Ikem refused to call the police when the neighbor beat his wife.
5. Which best describes the religion practiced by Agatha?
(a) She is an evangelical Christian.
(b) Ancestor worship.
(c) She is a devout Muslim.
(d) Animism, or spirit worship.
6. What is Mad Medico's job?
(a) Malpractice lawyer.
(b) Hospital administrator.
(c) The President's personal physician.
(d) Surgeon general.
7. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
(a) Poetry magazine editor.
(b) A specialist in African diseases.
(c) Journalist for the London Times.
(d) A political economist.
8. What is the first shrine to Idemili?
(a) A holy river.
(b) A holy lake.
(c) A temple on a hill.
(d) A cave grotto.
9. What god does Beatrice worship?
(b) The unknown god.
(d) A pagan goddess.
10. What is the real name of Mad Medico?
(a) John Madsen.
(b) Dick Smith.
(c) John Kent.
(d) Dr. Reginald Okong.
11. In the hymn written by Ikem, what is happening to the world?
(a) It is breaking out in a terrible war.
(b) It is drowning in a new flood.
(c) It is suffering from a terrible plague.
(d) It is burning up.
12. What is the former career of Professor Okong, the Commissioner for Home Affairs?
(a) Army officer.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(d) Baptist minister.
13. Who, according to law, has control over what is printed in the national newspaper?
(a) Chris Oriko.
(b) The President.
(c) Ikem Osodi.
(d) The Security Research Council.
14. In Chapter 3, who does Ikem say must be overthrown?
(a) The Messenger of the Creator.
(b) The Brigadier of Misfortune.
(c) The King of Misinformation.
(d) The wild Sun of April.
15. How do the members of the Abazonian delegation receive Ikem?
(a) With a tremendous ovation.
(b) With jeers of derision.
(c) With murmurs of skepticism.
(d) With shouts of anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ikem Osodi speak out against in his first crusading editorial?
2. What is apparently the main reason the President refuses to visit Abazon?
3. Where is Beatrice educated?
4. To what does Ikem compose a hymn?
5. What is one of Beatrice's nicknames?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)