|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must appeal to Idemili?
(a) Women who wish to marry.
(b) Farmers who wish to have a good crop.
(c) Women who wish to bear children.
(d) A man who wishes to take on an important title.
2. What god does Beatrice worship?
(a) The unknown god.
(d) A pagan goddess.
3. According to Ikem, which is the biggest single group of oppressed people in the world?
(b) Urban poor.
(c) Black people.
(d) Rural peasants.
4. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
(a) He refused medical treatment to a man who could not pay, and the man died.
(b) He injected a patient with an overdose of morphine, and the man died.
(c) He gave the family of a dead patient money to sue the hospital where he worked.
(d) He wrote insane graffiti terrorizing people in a hospital.
5. Who, according to law, has control over what is printed in the national newspaper?
(a) The President.
(b) The Security Research Council.
(c) Chris Oriko.
(d) Ikem Osodi.
6. Who is Ikem Osodi?
(a) Commissioner for Information.
(b) Editor of the National Gazette.
(d) Commissioner for Education.
7. What do the anthills tell the grass of the savannah?
(a) They tell about the importance of hard work.
(b) They warn about a hard drought ahead.
(c) They warn about a sandstorm on the way.
(d) They tell about last year's brush fires.
8. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
(a) Okong, though he may seem harmless, is a dangerous man.
(b) Okong, though a buffoon, is politically astute and adept at propaganda.
(c) Okong, though a buffoon, is one of the few honest politicians in the government.
(d) Okong is a brilliant journalist and literary artist, if not a good politician.
9. What does the President claim to be?
(a) A career politician.
(b) A common civilian.
(c) A law expert.
(d) A simple soldier.
10. What does Chris's girlfriend study at the university?
(a) Chinese and Japanese.
(c) Political philosophy.
11. Who does the President send to officially welcome the Abazon delegation?
(a) Ikem Osodi.
(b) Major Johnson Ossai.
(c) Professor Okong.
(d) Chris Oriko.
12. What is happening outside as the President holds a meeting with his cabinet?
(a) There is a large demonstration.
(b) There is a terrible dust storm.
(c) There is a violent hurricane.
(d) Gunfire breaks out on the streets.
13. What does Ikem religiously avoid?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Becoming too involved in neighborhood gossip.
(c) Going out at night in a taxi.
(d) Allowing his girlfriends to sleep overnight.
14. What does Mad Medico once do for the President while they are both in England?
(a) Found him a girlfriend.
(b) Introduced him to some powerful people.
(c) Lent him some money.
(d) Nursed him through a long illness.
15. How do the members of the Abazonian delegation receive Ikem?
(a) With a tremendous ovation.
(b) With shouts of anger.
(c) With jeers of derision.
(d) With murmurs of skepticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hymn composed by Ikem, who is found dead in the marketplace?
2. What does the Attorney-General claim the people of the nation want from the President?
3. Why is Ikem Osodi's girlfriend, Elewa, angry with him in Chapter 4?
4. What does Ikem Osodi speak out against in his first crusading editorial?
5. Which is true about the Abazon elder?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)