|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's job?
(a) She is a literature professor.
(b) She works for the Ministry of Finance.
(c) She works in a shop.
(d) She is a newspaper reporter.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
(a) He is friendly and talkative.
(b) He is young and good-looking.
(c) He looks strong in a very disagreeable way.
(d) He speaks obsequiously to the President.
3. Which best describes Ikem's apparent attitude toward women, as explained by Chris in Chapter 5?
(a) They are there only to comfort him, but are not good intellectual partners.
(b) They should be held on a pedestal and treated like princesses.
(c) They are beneath men and should be treated as such.
(d) They are the equals of men, according to his Marxist philosophy.
4. What is Lou Cranford's attitude toward the President and his staff?
(a) Shy and a little fearful.
(b) Familiar and domineering.
(c) Polite and formal.
(d) Admiring to the point of being worshipful.
5. Who does the Attorney-General say may not be one hundred percent behind the President?
(a) Chris Oriko.
(b) Ikem Osodi.
(c) Major Johnson Ossai.
(d) Professor Okong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disapproves of Beatrice's being physically intimate with Chris while the two are not married?
2. What do members of the Civil Service Union say about Ikem Osodi?
3. Who is Idemili?
4. What is the position held by Christopher Oriko?
5. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)