|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the President claim to be?
(a) A common civilian.
(b) A career politician.
(c) A law expert.
(d) A simple soldier.
2. On what pretext does a police constable detain Ikem as he leaves the meeting at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The officer says he failed to use his parking light.
(b) The officer says he is driving an unregistered vehicle.
(c) The officer accuses him of colluding with the Abazonians in a plot against the President.
(d) He is forbidden to speak to the delegation or to write about it.
3. According to the African legend recounted by Ikem, what is once true about the Sky?
(a) It was made of food.
(b) It was white instead of blue.
(c) It was a woman.
(d) It was close to the Earth.
4. Who does Ikem point out is not in the audience?
5. Who is Mad Medico?
(a) The President's personal physician, who made an attempt on the President's life.
(b) A clinically insane mental patient who staged a protest against a hospital.
(c) A foreigner who began a crusade against malpractice in the nation's hospitals.
(d) The nickname of Dr. Ofe, a doctor guilty of serious malpractice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the Abazonians heard about Ikem?
2. According to Professor Okong, why has the President been upset with both Chris and Ikem for the past two years?
3. Who comes unexpectedly to see Ikem at his home in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Beatrice angry with Chris in Chapter 8?
5. Who is Ikem Osodi?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)