|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does Beatrice worship?
(a) A pagan goddess.
(b) The unknown god.
2. What does the President wish to be called?
(a) Kabisa, or "King."
(b) By his Christian name, Sam.
(c) Your Excellency.
3. Which best describes Beatrice's attitude as she is being driven to the dinner at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What is the SRC?
(a) The national military.
(b) The secret police.
(c) A team of reporters from abroad.
(d) The committee in charge of propaganda.
5. What weapon does the SRC director, Johnson Ossai, use to torture his victims during interrogations?
(a) A razor.
(b) A stapler.
(c) A toilet plunger.
(d) A pair of scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message of the hymn written by Ikem?
2. What is the first shrine to Idemili?
3. To which character from literature does Beatrice compare the American woman, Lou Cranford?
4. What is Chris's job when Beatrice first meets him?
5. What advice does old President Ngongo once give to the President?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)