|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes Sam as a young student?
2. How does the Attorney-General describe himself to the President?
(a) As a slave to his master.
(b) As a good friend, like a brother to the President.
(c) As the equal to any white man.
(d) As a poor ignorant bush person.
3. Which best describes Ikem's apparent attitude toward women, as explained by Chris in Chapter 5?
(a) They are beneath men and should be treated as such.
(b) They should be held on a pedestal and treated like princesses.
(c) They are the equals of men, according to his Marxist philosophy.
(d) They are there only to comfort him, but are not good intellectual partners.
4. What is a crime problem in the city now, much feared by Elewa?
(b) Political killings.
(c) Spousal abuse.
(d) Armed robberies.
5. How does Mad Medico address the President?
(a) Mister President.
(b) By his given name, Sam.
(c) Your Excellency.
(d) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes Elewa's personality?
2. In Chapter 4, the reader first learns the name of the fictional African country in which this novel is set. What is it?
3. What do the anthills tell the grass of the savannah?
4. Which of the following are mentioned in Ikem's hymn as dying off and leaving no void?
5. Which province is asking for the President's help?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)