|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the anthills tell the grass of the savannah?
(a) They warn about a sandstorm on the way.
(b) They warn about a hard drought ahead.
(c) They tell about the importance of hard work.
(d) They tell about last year's brush fires.
2. In the hymn composed by Ikem, who is found dead in the marketplace?
(a) All the villagers.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A madman.
(d) A fortune teller.
3. To whom does the Attorney-General compare the President during their conversation near the end of Chapter 2?
4. Which best describes Chris's opinion of Okong?
(a) Okong, though a buffoon, is one of the few honest politicians in the government.
(b) Okong, though he may seem harmless, is a dangerous man.
(c) Okong is a brilliant journalist and literary artist, if not a good politician.
(d) Okong, though a buffoon, is politically astute and adept at propaganda.
5. In the hymn written by Ikem, what is happening to the world?
(a) It is burning up.
(b) It is drowning in a new flood.
(c) It is breaking out in a terrible war.
(d) It is suffering from a terrible plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Chris Oriko and the President first meet?
2. What does the delegation from Abazon say they want?
3. Which province is asking for the President's help?
4. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
5. Which major character is from Abazon?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)