|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Chris Oriko and the President first meet?
(a) They were in the military together.
(b) They met at university in England.
(c) They grew up in the same small village.
(d) They were schoolmates at the age of 13 or 14.
2. What does the President claim to be?
(a) A career politician.
(b) A law expert.
(c) A simple soldier.
(d) A common civilian.
3. What happens to Ikem on his way to the Palace in Chapter 3?
(a) A taxi sideswipes him, drawing an ugly gash on his car.
(b) He narrowly avoids a terrible accident.
(c) He has a standoff with a taxi driver who tries to cut in front of him.
(d) He is arrested by the state police.
4. Who is the President warned may be plotting against him?
(a) Chris Oriko and Ikem Osodi.
(b) Major Johnson Ossai.
(c) The Attorney-General.
(d) Professor Okong.
5. According to legend, what happens in times past when the people of Abazon suffer?
(a) Other territories came to their aid.
(b) They moved to a new territory and conquered it.
(c) They prayed to the gods and were helped.
(d) They were helped by the great kings of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hymn composed by Ikem, who is found dead in the marketplace?
2. What does Chris do that angers Ikem in Chapter 3?
3. What is apparently the main reason the President refuses to visit Abazon?
4. What does the President wish to be called?
5. What natural disaster has occurred in Abazon province?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)