|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the African legend recounted by Ikem, what is once true about the Sky?
(a) It was made of food.
(b) It was close to the Earth.
(c) It was a woman.
(d) It was white instead of blue.
2. According to the National Gazette, Chris is spotted wearing what disguise?
(a) A cap and sunglasses.
(b) A nun's habit.
(c) A turban.
(d) A false beard.
3. What does Beatrice criticize about Ikem's philosophy?
(a) He is classist against poor people and peasants.
(b) He fails to include women in his political vision.
(c) He considers black people inferior to white Europeans.
(d) He considers black people superior to white Europeans.
4. Which best describes Beatrice's attitude as she is being driven to the dinner at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Where does Ikem meet with the delegation from Abazon in Chapter 9?
(a) At the Presidential Palace.
(b) At his private home.
(c) At his offices in the National Gazette.
(d) At the hotel where they are staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Ikem, is the enemy of art?
2. Who is Ikem Osodi?
3. On what pretext does a police constable detain Ikem as he leaves the meeting at the end of Chapter 9?
4. In the hymn composed by Ikem, who is found dead in the marketplace?
5. What is the crime of Dr. Ofe, the target of another of Ikem's editorial crusades?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)