|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the delegation from Abazon say they want?
(a) To demand that the president step down.
(b) To protest the local government's lack of action.
(c) To demand that the president hold elections.
(d) To declare loyalty to the president and ask for help.
2. What is the name of the school attended by the President and Chris Oriko?
(a) Queen Mary College.
(b) Lord Lugard College.
(c) The Boys' Finishing School in Bassa.
(d) The Royal Academy of Kangan.
3. In their conversation near the end of Chapter 8, what does Beatrice urge Chris to do?
(a) Apologize to the President on her behalf.
(b) Work to patch things up with Ikem and help protect him.
(c) Distance himself from Ikem, who is in the President's disfavor.
(d) Run away with her to Europe.
4. Where is Beatrice educated?
(a) Yale University School of Economics.
(b) The University of Bassa in Kangan.
(c) Queen's College at the University of London.
(d) She is uneducated, but has good common sense.
5. What god does Beatrice worship?
(b) The unknown god.
(d) A pagan goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about the Director of the SRC, Johnson Ossai?
2. What is Beatrice's job?
3. What weapon does the SRC director, Johnson Ossai, use to torture his victims during interrogations?
4. What does Ikem think of the President, Sam?
5. To which character from literature does Beatrice compare the American woman, Lou Cranford?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)