|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is most important in a great fight, according to the Abazon elder: the sounding of the battle drum, the fierce waging of the war itself, or the telling of the story afterwards?
(a) The battle drum.
(b) The fierce waging of the war itself.
(c) All are equally important.
(d) The story.
2. What do the people of Abazon do to anger the President?
(a) They voted against his becoming President for life.
(b) They took over a neighboring territory, brutally murdering the inhabitants.
(c) They wanted to become an independent state.
(d) They tried to overthrow him.
3. What is the job of Mad Medico's English friend, Dick?
(a) A political economist.
(b) Poetry magazine editor.
(c) Journalist for the London Times.
(d) A specialist in African diseases.
4. Which best describes Ikem's apparent attitude toward women, as explained by Chris in Chapter 5?
(a) They are there only to comfort him, but are not good intellectual partners.
(b) They are beneath men and should be treated as such.
(c) They should be held on a pedestal and treated like princesses.
(d) They are the equals of men, according to his Marxist philosophy.
5. What other piece of false information is given by the newspaper about Chris?
(a) He is wanted by security officers.
(b) He is missing and presumed dead.
(c) He is now in police custody.
(d) He may have fled for London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the elder from Abazon call the President?
2. Where is Sam educated?
3. Which of the following is true about Elewa?
4. What does the powerful man have, according to the expression used by the Abazon elder?
5. What is the name of Chris's girlfriend?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)