|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the other party react, when seeing the nature of the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa in Phase one?
2. What does Aidoo use to help in the construction of the play's characters?
3. In the prologue, Aidoo explains this treaty that binds the people of Ghana to the white men.
4. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
5. According to the village customs, being born a high priestess is ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
2. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
3. What does the old man say about the argument between Badua and Anowa?
4. Explain what affects Badua's outlook and opinions for Anowa, as explained in the prologue.
5. How does Anowa die?
6. As some time passes, what becomes of the business Kofi Ako and Anowa begin at the opening of Phase two?
7. What is the primary conflict between Anowa and her parents as describe in the Prologue?
8. What is Anowa's personality like, as described in the Prologue of the play?
9. What is the glue of the Yebi village, as can be seen in the prologue?
10. What is the function of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper, as described by Aidoo in the prologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Anowa is referred to as a feminist.
Essay Topic 2
Aidoo often writes with some kind of political agenda. Provided what you know about Aidoo and the play, what type of political agenda is present within the story? Be sure to cite specific passages and clarify to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
What circumstances improve the relationship that Anowa has with Badua and Osam? How do they contribute to its destruction?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)