|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect does the male part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
2. Badua is concerned for Anowa's __________.
3. Which of the following does not accurately describe Osam's character, as he is identified in the prologue?
4. Aidoo writes her play during what major political literary movement?
5. Which African form of oral literature is Aidoo's play passed down from?
Short Essay Questions
1. As can be seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old man?
2. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
3. Describe Anowa's feelings on working alongside Kofi Ako.
4. Who does Anowa begin talking to after her great realization in Phase three? What does she say?
5. How does Anowa loot by Phase three?
6. As some time passes, what becomes of the business Kofi Ako and Anowa begin at the opening of Phase two?
7. What do many people believe when they see Kofi Ako and Anowa working alongside each other?
8. How does Anowa die?
9. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
10. Why is Kofi Ako concerned for Anowa and the work she is doing with the animal skins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the story, have the feelings of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper change? Why or why not? What does this change or lack of change represent?
Essay Topic 2
How does the weather mirror the mood of the scene, as can be seen throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)