|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years past puberty is Anowa?
2. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
3. How many different approaches to life does Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take?
4. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
5. How do Kofi Ako and Anowa react to the other party's reaction of their affection in Phase one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the old man's view on the situation?
2. Describe the weather in the opening of Phase two.
3. Explain what affects Badua's outlook and opinions for Anowa, as explained in the prologue.
4. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
5. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
6. How does the old woman react to the encounter between Badua and Anowa?
7. How do you describe Kofi Ako's personality, as seen in Phase one?
8. How does Kofi Ako die?
9. What is the story of Anowa based upon, according to Aidoo and the prologue?
10. Explain the level of understanding that Osam has for Anowa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
How is Anowa introduced to the reader? Is she presented in a negative light? Positive light? Is there any foreshadowing in her introduction?
Essay Topic 3
How is the importance of tribe elders established, even in the prologue of the story?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)