|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not accurately describe Osam's character, as he is identified in the prologue?
2. What is the other woman in Phase one carrying?
3. Anowa becoming a priestess brings ________ to the situation at hand.
4. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
5. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
2. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
3. Describe the gap of communication that exists between Badua and Anowa.
4. What is the old man's view on the situation?
5. What is the glue of the Yebi village, as can be seen in the prologue?
6. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
7. What is Kofi Ako's status by the beginning of Phase three
8. What does Kofi Ako wish for as Anowa sleeps?
9. What is Anowa's personality like, as described in the Prologue of the play?
10. What is the primary conflict between Anowa and her parents as describe in the Prologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the male-female relationship present throughout the play? What does Aidoo use this relationship to represent? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Differences are things that occur in everyday life. How are differences, or things of unusual nature, perceived by the people of the Yebi village? Given the authors prologue and direction of the story, do you consider the author to be tolerant of things that are different? Why or why not?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)