|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
2. What does Aidoo use to help in the construction of the play's characters?
3. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
4. According to the village customs, being born a high priestess is ____________.
5. What does Osam say about the men from Kofi Ako's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
2. Describe the type of relationships that are presented in the prologue and which are said to recur throughout the play.
3. Explain the level of understanding that Osam has for Anowa.
4. Describe the monologue that Anowa gives in Phase three.
5. How does Kofi Ako die?
6. What is the real reason that Anowa commits suicide?
7. What do the slave children say about Kofi Ako and Anowa?
8. As can be seen throughout Phase one, what is the surest way to get Anowa to do something? Explain.
9. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
10. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Anowa introduced to the reader? Is she presented in a negative light? Positive light? Is there any foreshadowing in her introduction?
Essay Topic 2
What circumstances improve the relationship that Anowa has with Badua and Osam? How do they contribute to its destruction?
Essay Topic 3
How is Kofi Ako's character deceiving? What is it that Kofi Ako embodies and how does he differ from the embodiment that is, Anowa?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)