|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years past puberty is Anowa?
2. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
3. Who asks Anowa to marry him in Phase one?
(a) A young man from the village.
(b) No one.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The old man.
4. According to Aidoo's explanation in the prologue, where do the white men come from?
(a) The underground.
(c) Beyond the horizon.
5. What does Osam attempt in Phase one in order to gain some control/peace?
(c) An intervention.
(d) An argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aidoo writes her play during what major political literary movement?
2. What does Anowa pack up during Phase one?
3. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
4. What type of relationships is the play built around?
5. Which word does Badua use to describe Kofi Ako in Phase one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anowa vow to never return to Yebi?
2. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
3. Describe the reasoning that the old man gives for the anger of those in the Yebi village toward Anowa?
4. Describe the gap of communication that exists between Badua and Anowa.
5. How do you describe Kofi Ako's personality, as seen in Phase one?
6. Who does the old woman blame for the tragedies of this story and why?
7. Describe the weather in the opening of Phase two.
8. Explain the discussion that occurs when the audience is first introduced to Badua and Osam in Phase one.
9. As can been seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old woman?
10. What does Kofi Ako wish for as Anowa sleeps?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)