|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is at the center of the play?
(c) The land.
(d) The old man and woman.
2. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
3. Whom does Anowa encounter in Phase one?
(b) Kofi Ako.
4. What does Badua say in response to Anowa insisting on helping Kofi Ako?
(a) She begins to understand Anowa's side.
(b) She questions Anowa.
(c) She points out his failures.
(d) She insists upon his laziness.
5. What type of chorus do the old man and the old woman represent throughout the play, as stated in the prologue?
(a) Roman chorus.
(c) Elizabethan chorus.
(d) Greek chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
2. Who notices the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
3. How many young men propose to Anowa over the years?
4. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
5. What is the voice of the old man and woman supposed to represent in terms of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the old woman blame for the tragedies of this story and why?
2. In Phase two, what is it that Badua and Osam are discussing?
3. What do many people believe when they see Kofi Ako and Anowa working alongside each other?
4. How does Kofi Ako die?
5. What is Kofi Ako's status by the beginning of Phase three
6. Explain the discussion that occurs when the audience is first introduced to Badua and Osam in Phase one.
7. What is the story of Anowa based upon, according to Aidoo and the prologue?
8. Describe Anowa's feelings on working alongside Kofi Ako.
9. What is the primary conflict between Anowa and her parents as describe in the Prologue?
10. As can be seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old man?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)