|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reasons are there for the villagers to be angry with Anowa, in regard to her marital choices?
2. What is Anowa dipping at the beginning of Phase one?
3. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
(a) A river.
(b) A lake.
(c) A valley.
(d) A mountain.
4. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
(d) Greater things.
5. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
(a) To forbid it.
(b) To encourage it.
(c) To ignore it.
(d) To force it.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
2. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
3. Whom does Anowa encounter in Phase one?
4. What does Anowa pack up during Phase one?
5. How many young men propose to Anowa over the years?
Short Essay Questions
1. As some time passes, what becomes of the business Kofi Ako and Anowa begin at the opening of Phase two?
2. What does Kofi Ako want to buy woman slaves?
3. Who is the old woman described in the prologue, and how is she described?
4. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
5. As mentioned in the prologue, what do the consequences of the story stem from?
6. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
7. As can be seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old man?
8. What are Badua's thoughts on slave labor?
9. Who is the old man described in the prologue, and how is he described?
10. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)