|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years pass since the treaty is signed with the Europeans, as Aidoo sets the play up?
2. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
3. Anowa and Badua ____________ in Phase one, regarding Anowa's marriage.
4. Finish the statement, as seen in Phase one. Anowa ___________ to marry the men her parents choose.
(b) Is inclined.
5. As stated within the prologue, who do Kofi Ako and Anowa do business with?
(a) White men.
(c) Kofi's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa becoming a priestess brings ________ to the situation at hand.
2. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
3. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
4. How many different approaches to life does Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take?
5. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kofi Ako's status by the beginning of Phase three
2. As can been seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old woman?
3. Who is the old woman described in the prologue, and how is she described?
4. What is the old man's view on the situation?
5. How do you describe Kofi Ako's personality, as seen in Phase one?
6. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
7. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
8. Explain what affects Badua's outlook and opinions for Anowa, as explained in the prologue.
9. What is Anowa's personality like, as described in the Prologue of the play?
10. How does Anowa die?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)