|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
2. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
(a) A river.
(b) A lake.
(c) A valley.
(d) A mountain.
3. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
4. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
5. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Spend time in solitude.
(c) Pray five times a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
2. According to the village customs, being born a high priestess is ____________.
3. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
4. In what year does Aidoo write "Anowa"?
5. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weather in the opening of Phase two.
2. As some time passes, what becomes of the business Kofi Ako and Anowa begin at the opening of Phase two?
3. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
4. Why do the people of the village blame Badua for Anowa's odd behavior?
5. As mentioned in the prologue, what do the consequences of the story stem from?
6. Explain the discussion that occurs when the audience is first introduced to Badua and Osam in Phase one.
7. Describe Kofi Ako's home.
8. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
9. Describe what Kofi Ako and Anowa are doing at the beginning of Phase two.
10. What does Osam believe the future holds for Anowa?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)