|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
(a) Being a good husband.
(b) Gaining wealth and success.
(c) Making something of his life.
(d) Leaving Yebi.
2. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
3. How many years pass since the treaty is signed with the Europeans, as Aidoo sets the play up?
4. This person typically is responsible for choosing a husband for the daughter.
(a) The old woman.
(b) The matchmaker.
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
5. In what year does Aidoo write "Anowa"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how the people of Anowa's village prefer to live?
2. What does Badua say in response to Anowa insisting on helping Kofi Ako?
3. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
4. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
5. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
2. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
3. What is Anowa's position on purchasing slave labor?
4. How is the weather of the Ghana coast described in the prologue?
5. Describe Anowa's feelings on working alongside Kofi Ako.
6. Because of the "glue" that shapes the Yebi village, why does that make Anowa's character even more problematic?
7. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
8. What is the story of Anowa based upon, according to Aidoo and the prologue?
9. How do you describe Kofi Ako's personality, as seen in Phase one?
10. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)