|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
(a) Too handsome.
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) Destined for greatness.
(d) A con artist.
2. What is the ultimate consequence of Anowa's behavior, as stated in the prologue?
3. In the prologue, Aidoo explains this treaty that binds the people of Ghana to the white men.
(a) 1844 Fanti.
(b) Bond of 1844.
(c) Bond of 1845.
(d) The Bond of the 1800s.
4. Anowa becoming a priestess brings ________ to the situation at hand.
(b) Good fortune.
5. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
(b) The old man.
(c) The old woman.
(d) Kofi Ako.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated within the prologue, who do Kofi Ako and Anowa do business with?
2. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
3. What else does Anowa's becoming a priestess bring to her family?
4. What type of tale is this play based from?
5. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the old woman described in the prologue, and how is she described?
2. Describe the monologue that Anowa gives in Phase three.
3. What is the old man's view on the situation?
4. What is the function of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper, as described by Aidoo in the prologue?
5. As can be seen throughout Phase one, what is the surest way to get Anowa to do something? Explain.
6. Who does Anowa begin talking to after her great realization in Phase three? What does she say?
7. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
8. What is Anowa's position on purchasing slave labor?
9. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
10. What are Badua's thoughts on slave labor?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)