|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
2. How does the other party react, when seeing the nature of the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa in Phase one?
(a) The woman drops her tray.
(b) The people ignore it.
(c) Badua begins crying.
(d) Osam yells loudly.
3. This person typically is responsible for choosing a husband for the daughter.
(a) The mother.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The father.
(d) The matchmaker.
4. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
(a) Gaining wealth and success.
(b) Making something of his life.
(c) Leaving Yebi.
(d) Being a good husband.
5. Which character in the play portrays the ideal woman figure in African culture?
(c) The girl slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Badua is concerned for Anowa's __________.
2. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
3. Anowa and Badua ____________ in Phase one, regarding Anowa's marriage.
4. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
5. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
2. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
3. What do the slave children say about Kofi Ako and Anowa?
4. As can be seen in Phase two, what is Anowa's chief concern?
5. Why does Anowa vow to never return to Yebi?
6. Describe what Kofi Ako and Anowa are doing at the beginning of Phase two.
7. What does Osam believe the future holds for Anowa?
8. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
9. What is the primary conflict between Anowa and her parents as describe in the Prologue?
10. What does Kofi Ako wish for as Anowa sleeps?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)