|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
(a) To force it.
(b) To ignore it.
(c) To forbid it.
(d) To encourage it.
2. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Pray five times a day.
(d) Spend time in solitude.
3. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
4. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
5. How does the other party react, when seeing the nature of the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa in Phase one?
(a) Badua begins crying.
(b) Osam yells loudly.
(c) The people ignore it.
(d) The woman drops her tray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reasons are there for the villagers to be angry with Anowa, in regard to her marital choices?
2. Which character "wasshes their hands" of Anowa in phase 1?
3. What word best describes the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa, as seen toward the beginning of the play, according to the text?
4. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
5. What type of relationships is the play built around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
2. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
3. Describe the reasoning that the old man gives for the anger of those in the Yebi village toward Anowa?
4. Describe Anowa's feelings on working alongside Kofi Ako.
5. Explain what affects Badua's outlook and opinions for Anowa, as explained in the prologue.
6. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
7. Who is the old man described in the prologue, and how is he described?
8. As can be seen in Phase two, what is Anowa's chief concern?
9. What do many people believe when they see Kofi Ako and Anowa working alongside each other?
10. How does Anowa die?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)