|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
(a) The Silver Coast.
(b) The Gold Coast.
(c) The Red Coast.
(d) The Anglican Coast.
2. What aspect does the female part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
3. _____________ is the surest way of survival in the village that the characters live in.
4. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
(a) Greater things.
5. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre does Aidoo's play fall into?
2. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
3. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
4. What type of input do the people of Anowa's village have in regard to how their country is run politically?
5. Which of the following does not accurately describe Badua's character, as she is identified in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
2. Describe the weather in the opening of Phase two.
3. Who does the old woman blame for the tragedies of this story and why?
4. Because of the "glue" that shapes the Yebi village, why does that make Anowa's character even more problematic?
5. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
6. How does Kofi Ako die?
7. How does Anowa loot by Phase three?
8. What are Badua's thoughts on slave labor?
9. Describe Anowa's feelings on working alongside Kofi Ako.
10. As can be seen throughout Phase one, what is the surest way to get Anowa to do something? Explain.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)