|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
2. What does Osam attempt in Phase one in order to gain some control/peace?
(c) An argument.
(d) An intervention.
3. What else does Anowa's becoming a priestess bring to her family?
4. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
5. Anowa becoming a priestess brings ________ to the situation at hand.
(c) Good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the other party react, when seeing the nature of the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa in Phase one?
2. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
3. Which African form of oral literature is Aidoo's play passed down from?
4. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
5. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the glue of the Yebi village, as can be seen in the prologue?
2. What does Osam believe the future holds for Anowa?
3. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
4. As can be seen in Phase one, what is the father's role in finding his daughter a husband? How is this tradition made apparent through the text?
5. Describe the first encounter between Kofi Ako and Anowa.
6. Explain the level of understanding that Osam has for Anowa.
7. Describe the gap of communication that exists between Badua and Anowa.
8. What is Anowa's personality like, as described in the Prologue of the play?
9. Explain the discussion that occurs when the audience is first introduced to Badua and Osam in Phase one.
10. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)