|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not accurately describe Osam's character, as he is identified in the prologue?
2. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
(a) A man she wants to marry.
(b) A new job.
(c) A child.
(d) An apprenticeship for high priestess.
3. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(a) Loving mother and wife.
(b) A slave.
(c) High priestess.
4. Anowa becoming a priestess brings ________ to the situation at hand.
(d) Good fortune.
5. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate consequence of Anowa's behavior, as stated in the prologue?
2. What type of input do the people of Anowa's village have in regard to how their country is run politically?
3. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
4. Which character in the story uses a system of projection/replacement as a way of making up for his/her shortcomings?
5. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
2. How does Badua react when Anowa insists upon marrying Kofi Ako?
3. Describe the monologue that Anowa gives in Phase three.
4. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
5. What does Osam believe the future holds for Anowa?
6. As can be seen in Phase one, how do you describe the voice of the old man?
7. As can be seen in Phase two, what is Anowa's chief concern?
8. In Phase two, what is it that Badua and Osam are discussing?
9. As mentioned in the prologue, what do the consequences of the story stem from?
10. How does Anowa die?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)