|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
2. How does Aidoo select the time period to set the play?
(a) It is the time in which the legend is always set.
(b) It is during her childhood.
(c) It is an important point in Ghanaian history.
(d) The date is used to mirror events in Britain.
3. What word best describes the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa, as seen toward the beginning of the play, according to the text?
4. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
5. According to Osam, Anowa is not like _____________.
(a) Other people.
(b) Other girls.
(c) Other boys.
(d) He and Badua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
2. In which year does the "Anowa" take place?
3. What is Anowa dipping at the beginning of Phase one?
4. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
5. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old woman react to the encounter between Badua and Anowa?
2. What is the old man's view on the situation?
3. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
4. What is Anowa's position on purchasing slave labor?
5. As some time passes, what becomes of the business Kofi Ako and Anowa begin at the opening of Phase two?
6. Describe the first encounter between Kofi Ako and Anowa.
7. What is the overarching theme of Phase one? Explain.
8. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
9. Describe Kofi Ako's home.
10. In Phase two, what is it that Badua and Osam are discussing?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)