|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
2. Which of the following does not accurately describe Badua's character, as she is identified in the prologue?
3. How does Aidoo select the time period to set the play?
(a) The date is used to mirror events in Britain.
(b) It is during her childhood.
(c) It is an important point in Ghanaian history.
(d) It is the time in which the legend is always set.
4. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
(b) The old man.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The old woman.
5. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(a) Loving mother and wife.
(b) A slave.
(d) High priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
2. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
3. Where is Aidoo originally from, as stated in the prologue of the story?
4. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
5. As stated within the prologue, who do Kofi Ako and Anowa do business with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kofi Ako concerned for Anowa and the work she is doing with the animal skins?
2. Because of the "glue" that shapes the Yebi village, why does that make Anowa's character even more problematic?
3. Who does Anowa begin talking to after her great realization in Phase three? What does she say?
4. How does Kofi Ako die?
5. What is the old man's view on the situation?
6. Describe Kofi Ako's home.
7. What does the old man say about the argument between Badua and Anowa?
8. Explain the level of understanding that Osam has for Anowa.
9. How do you describe Kofi Ako's personality, as seen in Phase one?
10. Describe the monologue that Anowa gives in Phase three.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)