|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
2. Which of the following does not accurately describe Badua's character, as she is identified in the prologue?
3. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
4. What does Osam attempt in Phase one in order to gain some control/peace?
(a) An argument.
(b) An intervention.
5. Which character in the story uses a system of projection/replacement as a way of making up for his/her shortcomings?
(a) Kofi Ako.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many surviving children does Badua have?
2. Who notices the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
3. What type of chorus do the old man and the old woman represent throughout the play, as stated in the prologue?
4. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
5. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's request that she buy a new dress?
2. Why is Kofi Ako concerned for Anowa and the work she is doing with the animal skins?
3. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
4. What do the slave children say about Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
6. What suggestion does Anowa give for Kofi Ako to become a father?
7. Describe the gap of communication that exists between Badua and Anowa.
8. What does Kofi Ako wish for as Anowa sleeps?
9. Who does the old woman blame for the tragedies of this story and why?
10. How does Kofi Ako die?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)