|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
2. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
(a) Destined for greatness.
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) A con artist.
(d) Too handsome.
3. What else does Anowa's becoming a priestess bring to her family?
4. Aidoo sets the prologue of the story in this place, setting the stage for the beginning of colonialism.
5. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Osam, Anowa is not like _____________.
2. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
3. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
4. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
5. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason that Anowa commits suicide?
2. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
3. Describe what Kofi Ako and Anowa are doing at the beginning of Phase two.
4. How does Badua react when Anowa insists upon marrying Kofi Ako?
5. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
6. As can be seen in Phase one, what is the father's role in finding his daughter a husband? How is this tradition made apparent through the text?
7. As can be seen throughout Phase one, what is the surest way to get Anowa to do something? Explain.
8. As can be seen in Phase two, what is Anowa's chief concern?
9. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
10. In Phase two, what is it that Badua and Osam are discussing?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)