|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
(a) To ignore it.
(b) To force it.
(c) To forbid it.
(d) To encourage it.
2. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
(a) Destined for greatness.
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) A con artist.
(d) Too handsome.
3. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Spend time in solitude.
(c) Pray five times a day.
4. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
5. How many surviving children does Badua have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
2. Aidoo sets the prologue of the story in this place, setting the stage for the beginning of colonialism.
3. How many generations of characters are presented in the prologue of the story?
4. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
5. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kofi Ako die?
2. Describe the first encounter between Kofi Ako and Anowa.
3. What is the function of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper, as described by Aidoo in the prologue?
4. Who is the old man described in the prologue, and how is he described?
5. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
6. In Phase two, what is it that Badua and Osam are discussing?
7. What are Badua's thoughts on slave labor?
8. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
9. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
10. Describe Kofi Ako's home.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)