|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This person typically is responsible for choosing a husband for the daughter.
(a) The father.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The matchmaker.
(d) The mother.
2. What does Anowa insist she helps Kofi Ako with?
(a) Making something of his life.
(b) Leaving Yebi.
(c) Being a good husband.
(d) Gaining wealth and success.
3. What is the other woman in Phase one carrying?
4. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
(a) The old woman.
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The old man.
5. What type of relationships is the play built around?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
3. _____________ is the surest way of survival in the village that the characters live in.
4. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
5. Who does Anowa bring her chores to when they are completed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the old man described in the prologue, and how is he described?
2. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
3. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako by Phase three?
4. Because of the "glue" that shapes the Yebi village, why does that make Anowa's character even more problematic?
5. Why does Anowa vow to never return to Yebi?
6. As can be seen in Phase two, what is Anowa's chief concern?
7. How is life lived in the village of Yebi?
8. What is the primary conflict between Anowa and her parents as describe in the Prologue?
9. Who does the old woman blame for the tragedies of this story and why?
10. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make in order to save Anowa from some of the hard labor she puts in?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)