Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the old man and old woman react with during Phase one?
(d) No one.
2. Which character "wasshes their hands" of Anowa in phase 1?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(d) The old woman.
3. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
4. Which character is at the center of the play?
(c) The old man and woman.
(d) The land.
5. How many years are men asking for Anowa's hand in marriage, as stated in the prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many surviving children does Badua have?
2. Which character in the story represents the antithesis of the ideal person, according to African tradition?
3. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
4. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
5. Who does the old woman have sympathy for by the end of Phase one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the old man described in the prologue, and how is he described?
2. What are Badua's thoughts on slave labor?
3. Why is difference, or oddity, believed to be such a threat in the Yebi village, as can be deduced from the prologue?
4. Who is the old woman described in the prologue, and how is she described?
5. What do many people believe when they see Kofi Ako and Anowa working alongside each other?
6. What is Kofi Ako's reputation?
7. What is the overarching theme of Phase one? Explain.
8. What does Kofi Ako decide to do with Anowa in Phase three? What is his reasoning?
9. Why does Anowa vow to never return to Yebi?
10. What do the slave children say about Kofi Ako and Anowa?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)