|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
(a) That it is necessary.
(b) That it is morally wrong.
(c) That she does not understand it.
(d) She says nothing about it.
2. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
3. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Rich leather shoes.
(b) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(c) Cloth shoes.
(d) She is barefoot.
4. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
(a) That he goes mad.
(b) That he becomes impotent.
(c) That he is a bad man.
(d) That he does not love her.
5. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(c) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
6. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The Yebi village.
7. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
(a) Hot, but not too hot.
8. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The tribe elders.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The spirits of her siblings.
(d) The house furnishings.
9. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) Great quantities of slaves.
(b) Only one slave.
(c) A few slaves.
(d) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
10. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
11. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
(a) She is insulted.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She laughs.
12. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His wife.
(b) His slave.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His sister.
13. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The name of Ghanaian greed.
(b) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
(c) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(d) The name of the alternate ending.
14. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
(a) That he go on with out her.
(b) That they travel back to Yebi.
(c) That he take another wife.
(d) That they buy some slaves.
15. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) A light bundle.
(b) A large bundle.
(c) Only one animal skin.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
2. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
3. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
4. Where does Phase two take place?
5. Who does the old woman blame for the state of the marriage between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)