|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
(a) His greediness.
(c) His impotence.
2. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
3. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is angry.
4. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(b) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(c) She wears only a shabby dress.
(d) Her dress is not stated.
5. Where does Phase two take place?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A piece of land by the lake.
(c) A highway.
(d) A cottage.
6. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The house furnishings.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The spirits of her siblings.
(d) The tribe elders.
7. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) A large bundle.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) A stick.
8. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Buy slaves.
(c) Bear children.
(d) Find time for the business.
9. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
(b) That a man and a wife should be equal.
(c) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
(d) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
10. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His slave.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
11. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
12. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) It continues to divide them.
(b) It causes them to be grateful for the status of their lives.
(c) It strengthens the marriage.
(d) It allows them to spend more time together.
13. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(c) Traveling to Yebi.
(d) Listening intently.
14. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
(a) She says nothing about it.
(b) That it is necessary.
(c) That she does not understand it.
(d) That it is morally wrong.
15. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
(a) Dirt and stains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
2. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
3. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
4. How does Kofi Ako commit suicide?
5. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)