|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
(d) The gods.
2. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
3. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Share a bed.
(b) Seak to one another.
(c) Live in the same home.
(d) Show affection.
4. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
5. Toward the middle of Phase two, Badua and Osam discuss that it is wrong to deny whom their heritage?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) Both Kofi Ako and Anowa.
(c) Their grandchildren.
6. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
7. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
(a) She believes it is beneath her.
(b) She wishes she can be a good, normal wife.
(c) She is not content to tend the home.
(d) She dreams of a new home to care for.
8. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He is too greedy.
(b) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
(c) He uses the slaves to replace children.
(d) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
9. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) A few slaves.
(b) Great quantities of slaves.
(c) Only one slave.
(d) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
10. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(b) She does not want to work.
(c) She wants to work.
(d) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
11. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
(b) That a man and a wife should be equal.
(c) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
(d) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
12. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) A stick.
(b) A light bundle.
(c) Only one animal skin.
(d) A large bundle.
13. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A loud crash.
(d) A laugh.
14. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(b) Kofi's mother and sister.
(d) Young women.
15. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) White men.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
2. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
3. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
4. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
5. What is Anowa's response to Kofi Ako inability to understand why Anowa cannot be like other wives and be content?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)