|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The tribe elders.
2. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
3. What does Osam dissuade Badua from doing in Phase two?
(a) Marrying another man.
(b) Leaving Yebi.
(c) Arresting Anowa.
(d) Going to find Anowa.
4. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
5. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
6. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(a) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
7. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Live in the same home.
(b) Seak to one another.
(c) Show affection.
(d) Share a bed.
8. Where does Phase three take place?
9. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The Yebi village.
10. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) A light bundle.
(c) A large bundle.
(d) A stick.
11. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Cloth shoes.
(b) She is barefoot.
(c) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(d) Rich leather shoes.
12. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(b) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
13. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
14. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
(a) That Kofi Ako doesn't love her any more.
(b) She misses her parents.
(c) That she does not yet have a child.
(d) That she is too weak to work.
15. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
(a) Kofi's parents.
(b) The slaves of Kofi and Anowa.
(c) Badua and Osam.
(d) The old man and woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
2. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
3. How does Anowa commit suicide?
4. During a confrontation in Phase three, what does Kofi Ako tell Anowa he provides for her in the end?
5. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)