|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
2. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is pleased.
3. What type of transportation do Kofi Ako and Anowa use in Phase two?
(b) Travel on foot.
4. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The tribe elders.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The house furnishings.
(d) The spirits of her siblings.
5. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
6. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
(a) That he goes mad.
(b) That he becomes impotent.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) That he is a bad man.
7. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) A stubborn person.
(b) An exceptional person.
(c) A horrible person.
(d) A kind person.
8. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
(d) Dirt and stains.
9. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A large bundle of animal skins.
(b) Only one animal skin.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) Large sticks.
10. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
11. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
12. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
(a) The old man.
(b) A slave boy.
(c) Kofi Ako.
13. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
(a) His impotence.
(b) His greediness.
14. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
(a) Buy a new dress.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Make some friends.
15. As stated in Phase three, the old man does not ___________ Anowa.
(c) Identify with.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
2. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
3. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
4. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
5. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)