|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
2. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
3. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not love her husband.
(b) That she is still childless.
(c) That she does not become a high priestess.
(d) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
4. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(b) The villagers of Yebi.
(c) Kofi Ako.
5. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She loses the man she loves.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) She feels much guilt.
6. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
7. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She wants to work.
(b) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(c) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(d) She does not want to work.
8. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Live in the same home.
(b) Seak to one another.
(c) Share a bed.
(d) Show affection.
9. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
(a) Use them as a source of strength.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Hold on to them always.
(d) Keep them close.
10. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That a man and a wife should be equal.
(b) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
(c) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
(d) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
11. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) It allows them to spend more time together.
(b) It continues to divide them.
(c) It causes them to be grateful for the status of their lives.
(d) It strengthens the marriage.
12. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
13. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He becomes Angry.
(b) He cries loudly.
(c) He considers it.
(d) He smiles, relieved.
14. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) Great quantities of slaves.
(b) A few slaves.
(c) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
(d) Only one slave.
15. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
(c) Hot, but not too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
2. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
3. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
4. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
5. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)