|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
2. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) White men.
3. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is relieved.
4. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
(a) That she tries to make some friends.
(b) Buy female slaves.
(c) That she moves back in with Badua.
(d) That he takes another wife.
5. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Bear children.
(c) Find time for the business.
(d) Buy slaves.
6. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(c) Not many.
7. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
(a) Optional ending.
(b) Additional ending.
(c) Open ending.
(d) Narrative ending.
8. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not love her husband.
(b) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
(c) That she does not become a high priestess.
(d) That she is still childless.
9. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(b) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
10. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
(a) He wishes that she works harder.
(b) He wishes that she returns home.
(c) He wishes that she is like other wives.
(d) He wishes for a new wife.
11. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(b) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
(b) That they split up.
(c) That he exercises his power over her.
(d) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
13. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Rich leather shoes.
(b) She is barefoot.
(c) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(d) Cloth shoes.
14. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
15. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Makes life easier.
(b) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(c) Is morally wrong.
(d) Is something that cannot be changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
2. Where does Phase three take place?
3. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
4. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
5. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)