|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kofi Ako commit suicide?
2. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
(a) She says nothing about it.
(b) That it is morally wrong.
(c) That it is necessary.
(d) That she does not understand it.
3. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
(a) That she moves back in with Badua.
(b) That she tries to make some friends.
(c) Buy female slaves.
(d) That he takes another wife.
4. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She wants to work.
(b) She does not want to work.
(c) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(d) She feels that she cannot do the work.
5. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(c) Feelings of guilt
(d) He is miserable.
6. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
7. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
8. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(b) Many wives.
(c) A normal wife.
(d) A child.
9. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The tribe elders.
10. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) Only one slave.
(b) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
(c) A few slaves.
(d) Great quantities of slaves.
11. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He becomes Angry.
(b) He cries loudly.
(c) He considers it.
(d) He smiles, relieved.
12. Where does Phase three take place?
13. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
(a) Additional ending.
(b) Open ending.
(c) Narrative ending.
(d) Optional ending.
14. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) Large sticks.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) A large bundle of animal skins.
15. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the middle of Phase two, Badua and Osam discuss that it is wrong to deny whom their heritage?
2. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
3. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
4. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
5. How many years pass by Phase two?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)