|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(a) Animal trading.
(b) The do not start a business.
2. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
(b) The old man.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) A slave boy.
3. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(b) She wears only a shabby dress.
(c) Her dress is not stated.
(d) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
4. Where does Phase three take place?
5. What does Kofi Ako finally tell Anowa she must do?
(a) Buy a better dress.
(b) Begin to act normal.
(c) Leave his house.
(d) Have a child.
6. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
7. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
8. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(b) Many wives.
(c) A child.
(d) A normal wife.
9. Toward the middle of Phase two, Badua and Osam discuss that it is wrong to deny whom their heritage?
(b) Their grandchildren.
(c) Both Kofi Ako and Anowa.
(d) Kofi Ako.
10. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
(a) That she is barren.
(b) That she is ascetic.
(c) That she is Kofi's slave.
(d) That she is frigid.
11. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(b) A loud crash.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A laugh.
12. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(c) The villagers of Yebi.
(d) Kofi Ako.
13. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
(a) It plumets.
(b) It is prosperous.
(c) It is doing alright.
(d) It is doing poorly.
14. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) Not many.
15. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
Short Answer Questions
1. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
2. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
3. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
4. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
5. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)