|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
(a) It is doing poorly.
(b) It plumets.
(c) It is doing alright.
(d) It is prosperous.
2. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not become a high priestess.
(b) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
(c) That she is still childless.
(d) That she does not love her husband.
3. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
4. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(b) She is barefoot.
(c) Rich leather shoes.
(d) Cloth shoes.
5. Who does the old woman blame for the state of the marriage between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(d) The slaves.
6. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) White men.
7. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
8. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) An exceptional person.
(b) A kind person.
(c) A stubborn person.
(d) A horrible person.
9. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) A light bundle.
(c) A large bundle.
(d) A stick.
10. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(b) She wants to work.
(c) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(d) She does not want to work.
11. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(b) The old man.
(c) The old woman.
12. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(b) Is something that cannot be changed.
(c) Makes life easier.
(d) Is morally wrong.
13. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
14. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
(d) Dirt and stains.
15. How does Anowa commit suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make to Anowa, after he has his self discussion?
3. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
4. Who enters Anowa's home in Phase three, and begins to discuss the relationship of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)