|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(a) Traveling to Yebi.
(b) Listening intently.
2. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
3. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
(a) She believes it is beneath her.
(b) She wishes she can be a good, normal wife.
(c) She dreams of a new home to care for.
(d) She is not content to tend the home.
4. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(b) She wears only a shabby dress.
(c) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(d) Her dress is not stated.
5. Where does Phase three take place?
6. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
(a) Have a child.
(b) Make some friends.
(d) Buy a new dress.
7. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
8. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(c) Not many.
9. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The tribe elders.
10. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(a) The villagers of Yebi.
(c) Kofi Ako.
11. What is the lighting doing when the scene again focuses on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) Very dark.
(c) Red lighting.
(d) Bright lighting.
12. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
(b) That they split up.
(c) That he exercises his power over her.
(d) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
13. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her grandfather.
14. Toward the middle of Phase two, Badua and Osam discuss that it is wrong to deny whom their heritage?
(a) Both Kofi Ako and Anowa.
(b) Their grandchildren.
(d) Kofi Ako.
15. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His slave.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
2. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
3. What does Kofi Ako finally tell Anowa she must do?
4. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
5. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)