|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
2. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Is morally wrong.
(b) Is something that cannot be changed.
(c) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(d) Makes life easier.
3. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
(a) That she tries to make some friends.
(b) That she moves back in with Badua.
(c) That he takes another wife.
(d) Buy female slaves.
4. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She wants to work.
(b) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(c) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(d) She does not want to work.
5. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(a) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
6. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He considers it.
(b) He smiles, relieved.
(c) He cries loudly.
(d) He becomes Angry.
7. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
8. How does Kofi Ako commit suicide?
9. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
(b) His greediness.
(c) His impotence.
10. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(d) The villagers of Yebi.
11. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) An exceptional person.
(b) A stubborn person.
(c) A kind person.
(d) A horrible person.
12. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
(a) That Kofi Ako doesn't love her any more.
(b) That she does not yet have a child.
(c) She misses her parents.
(d) That she is too weak to work.
13. What type of transportation do Kofi Ako and Anowa use in Phase two?
(a) Travel on foot.
14. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
(a) Buy slaves.
(b) Bear children.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Find time for the business.
15. How does Anowa commit suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
2. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
3. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
4. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
5. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)