|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The old man.
2. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) Her dress is not stated.
(b) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(c) She wears only a shabby dress.
(d) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
3. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
4. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The house furnishings.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The tribe elders.
(d) The spirits of her siblings.
5. How does Anowa commit suicide?
6. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is saddened.
7. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(b) The name of the alternate ending.
(c) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
(d) The name of Ghanaian greed.
8. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(d) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
9. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) A few slaves.
(b) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
(c) Great quantities of slaves.
(d) Only one slave.
10. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) A normal wife.
(c) A child.
(d) Many wives.
11. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That they split up.
(b) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
(c) That he exercises his power over her.
(d) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
12. As stated in Phase three, the old man does not ___________ Anowa.
(b) Identify with.
13. What does Kofi Ako finally tell Anowa she must do?
(a) Buy a better dress.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Leave his house.
(d) Begin to act normal.
14. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
15. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A large bundle of animal skins.
(b) Large sticks.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) Only one animal skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make to Anowa, after he has his self discussion?
2. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
3. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
4. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
5. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)