|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) It strengthens the marriage.
(b) It causes them to be grateful for the status of their lives.
(c) It allows them to spend more time together.
(d) It continues to divide them.
2. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
(b) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
(c) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
(d) That a man and a wife should be equal.
3. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(b) Her parents.
(d) White men.
4. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
(a) It plumets.
(b) It is prosperous.
(c) It is doing alright.
(d) It is doing poorly.
5. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) A light bundle.
(c) A stick.
(d) A large bundle.
6. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
(b) He uses the slaves to replace children.
(c) He is too greedy.
(d) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
7. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
(b) A slave boy.
(c) The old man.
(d) Kofi Ako.
8. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) A few slaves.
(b) Great quantities of slaves.
(c) Only one slave.
(d) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
9. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
10. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) Feelings of guilt
(b) He is miserable.
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
11. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(b) A laugh.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A loud crash.
12. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His slave.
13. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
(a) That he go on with out her.
(b) That they travel back to Yebi.
(c) That they buy some slaves.
(d) That he take another wife.
14. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Live in the same home.
(b) Share a bed.
(c) Show affection.
(d) Seak to one another.
15. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(b) The name of Ghanaian greed.
(c) The name of the alternate ending.
(d) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
2. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
3. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
4. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
5. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)