|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Osam dissuade Badua from doing in Phase two?
(a) Marrying another man.
(b) Arresting Anowa.
(c) Going to find Anowa.
(d) Leaving Yebi.
2. Where does Phase two take place?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A piece of land by the lake.
(d) A highway.
3. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His slave.
(d) His wife.
4. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The name of the alternate ending.
(b) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(c) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
(d) The name of Ghanaian greed.
5. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A light bundle.
(b) Large sticks.
(c) A large bundle of animal skins.
(d) Only one animal skin.
6. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Show affection.
(b) Live in the same home.
(c) Share a bed.
(d) Seak to one another.
7. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
8. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(a) Young women.
(c) Kofi's mother and sister.
9. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
(b) He uses the slaves to replace children.
(c) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
(d) He is too greedy.
10. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(a) The old man.
(d) The old woman.
11. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
12. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
13. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) Many wives.
(b) A child.
(c) A normal wife.
14. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
(a) The old man and woman.
(b) The slaves of Kofi and Anowa.
(c) Badua and Osam.
(d) Kofi's parents.
15. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not love her husband.
(b) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
(c) That she does not become a high priestess.
(d) That she is still childless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kofi Ako commit suicide?
2. Where does Phase three take place?
3. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
4. What is Anowa's response to Kofi Ako inability to understand why Anowa cannot be like other wives and be content?
5. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)