Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) Feelings of guilt
(d) He has nowhere else to go.
2. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
(b) The gods.
3. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
4. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(a) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
5. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) A kind person.
(b) An exceptional person.
(c) A stubborn person.
(d) A horrible person.
6. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(b) The tribe elders.
(c) Kofi Ako.
7. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
8. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(d) Not many.
9. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Seak to one another.
(b) Share a bed.
(c) Live in the same home.
(d) Show affection.
10. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
(a) That she is Kofi's slave.
(b) That she is barren.
(c) That she is frigid.
(d) That she is ascetic.
11. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
12. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
13. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
(b) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
(c) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
(d) That a man and a wife should be equal.
14. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
(a) That he is a bad man.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) That he goes mad.
(d) That he becomes impotent.
15. Who enters Anowa's home in Phase three, and begins to discuss the relationship of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) Kofi Ako monologues about their relationship.
(b) A boy and girl slave.
(c) The old man and old woman.
(d) Osam and Badua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
2. Where does Phase two take place?
3. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
4. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
5. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)