|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
2. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
(a) Optional ending.
(b) Open ending.
(c) Additional ending.
(d) Narrative ending.
3. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) Her dress is not stated.
(b) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(c) She wears only a shabby dress.
(d) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
4. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) A normal wife.
(b) A child.
(d) Many wives.
5. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
(a) She is not content to tend the home.
(b) She believes it is beneath her.
(c) She dreams of a new home to care for.
(d) She wishes she can be a good, normal wife.
6. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(b) Animal trading.
(c) The do not start a business.
7. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
(a) Dirt and stains.
8. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) Feelings of guilt
(b) He is miserable.
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
9. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
(b) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(c) The name of the alternate ending.
(d) The name of Ghanaian greed.
10. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A loud crash.
11. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
(a) Buy slaves.
(b) Work hard.
(c) Find time for the business.
(d) Bear children.
12. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
(a) It is doing poorly.
(b) It plumets.
(c) It is doing alright.
(d) It is prosperous.
13. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
14. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She is miserable.
(b) She feels much guilt.
(c) She has nowhere else to go.
(d) She loses the man she loves.
15. Who enters Anowa's home in Phase three, and begins to discuss the relationship of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) A boy and girl slave.
(b) Kofi Ako monologues about their relationship.
(c) The old man and old woman.
(d) Osam and Badua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
2. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make to Anowa, after he has his self discussion?
3. What is the lighting doing when the scene again focuses on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
4. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
5. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)