|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(b) Cloth shoes.
(c) Rich leather shoes.
(d) She is barefoot.
2. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) A stubborn person.
(b) An exceptional person.
(c) A kind person.
(d) A horrible person.
3. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
4. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The house furnishings.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The tribe elders.
(d) The spirits of her siblings.
5. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A large bundle of animal skins.
(b) Large sticks.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) Only one animal skin.
6. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
(a) His impotence.
(b) His greediness.
7. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The villagers of Yebi.
8. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The tribe elders.
9. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She feels much guilt.
(b) She is miserable.
(c) She loses the man she loves.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
10. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) A normal wife.
(c) Many wives.
(d) A child.
11. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(a) Traveling to Yebi.
(d) Listening intently.
12. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(b) She wants to work.
(c) She does not want to work.
(d) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
13. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
(a) Use them as a source of strength.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Hold on to them always.
(d) Keep them close.
14. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
(a) The Yebi village.
(c) Kofi Ako.
15. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) It continues to divide them.
(b) It strengthens the marriage.
(c) It causes them to be grateful for the status of their lives.
(d) It allows them to spend more time together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osam dissuade Badua from doing in Phase two?
2. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
3. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
4. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)