|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The house furnishings.
(b) The tribe elders.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The spirits of her siblings.
2. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) Only one animal skin.
(b) A large bundle of animal skins.
(c) A light bundle.
(d) Large sticks.
3. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) Feelings of guilt
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
4. Where does Phase two take place?
(a) A piece of land by the lake.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A highway.
(d) A plantation.
5. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) Her dress is not stated.
(b) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(c) She wears only a shabby dress.
(d) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
6. What type of transportation do Kofi Ako and Anowa use in Phase two?
(d) Travel on foot.
7. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
8. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
(a) That she is frigid.
(b) That she is Kofi's slave.
(c) That she is ascetic.
(d) That she is barren.
9. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Is something that cannot be changed.
(b) Makes life easier.
(c) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(d) Is morally wrong.
10. As stated in Phase three, the old man does not ___________ Anowa.
(c) Identify with.
11. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(b) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
12. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
(a) That he take another wife.
(b) That they travel back to Yebi.
(c) That they buy some slaves.
(d) That he go on with out her.
13. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
14. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He considers it.
(b) He cries loudly.
(c) He becomes Angry.
(d) He smiles, relieved.
15. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
2. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
3. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
4. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
5. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)