|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
(a) Kofi's parents.
(b) The slaves of Kofi and Anowa.
(c) The old man and woman.
(d) Badua and Osam.
2. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
(a) Share a bed.
(b) Live in the same home.
(c) Show affection.
(d) Seak to one another.
3. Who enters Anowa's home in Phase three, and begins to discuss the relationship of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) Osam and Badua.
(b) The old man and old woman.
(c) Kofi Ako monologues about their relationship.
(d) A boy and girl slave.
4. How does Kofi Ako travel into town?
(a) In a luxurious carriage.
(b) In a luxurious car.
(c) On a train.
(d) On a chair carried by his slaves.
5. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is insulted.
(d) She leaves him.
6. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
7. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
(a) Find time for the business.
(b) Bear children.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Buy slaves.
8. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(a) A laugh.
(c) A loud crash.
(d) A gunshot.
9. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His slave.
(d) His sister.
10. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(a) The old man.
(d) The old woman.
11. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
(a) That he becomes impotent.
(b) That he is a bad man.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) That he goes mad.
12. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) A stubborn person.
(b) A kind person.
(c) A horrible person.
(d) An exceptional person.
13. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(a) The do not start a business.
(c) Animal trading.
14. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
(a) That she moves back in with Badua.
(b) Buy female slaves.
(c) That he takes another wife.
(d) That she tries to make some friends.
15. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
Short Answer Questions
1. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
2. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
3. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
4. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
5. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)