|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
(b) He is too greedy.
(c) He uses the slaves to replace children.
(d) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
2. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
(a) That he does not love her.
(b) That he becomes impotent.
(c) That he is a bad man.
(d) That he goes mad.
3. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) Many wives.
(b) A normal wife.
(d) A child.
4. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She does not want to work.
(b) She feels that she cannot do the work.
(c) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(d) She wants to work.
5. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(c) Listening intently.
(d) Traveling to Yebi.
6. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(c) Young women.
(d) Kofi's mother and sister.
7. What type of transportation do Kofi Ako and Anowa use in Phase two?
(d) Travel on foot.
8. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is insulted.
9. Where does Phase two take place?
(a) A piece of land by the lake.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A highway.
(d) A cottage.
10. How many years pass by Phase two?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
11. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make to Anowa, after he has his self discussion?
(a) That they quit their business.
(b) That he takes another wife.
(c) That they buy some slaves.
(d) That they move back to Yebi.
12. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is angry.
13. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) Her parents.
(d) White men.
14. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That he exercises his power over her.
(b) That they split up.
(c) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
(d) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
15. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
(a) That a man and a wife should be equal.
(b) That the wife should speak freely from her husband.
(c) That a man should have counsel over his wife.
(d) That a man should respect his wife's wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
2. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
3. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
4. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
5. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)