|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A large bundle of animal skins.
(b) A light bundle.
(c) Large sticks.
(d) Only one animal skin.
2. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
(a) A slave boy.
(b) The old man.
(c) Kofi Ako.
3. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
(a) The tribe elders.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The house furnishings.
(d) The spirits of her siblings.
4. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(b) Listening intently.
(d) Traveling to Yebi.
5. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not become a high priestess.
(b) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
(c) That she is still childless.
(d) That she does not love her husband.
6. What suggestion does Kofi Ako make to Anowa, after he has his self discussion?
(a) That he takes another wife.
(b) That they quit their business.
(c) That they move back to Yebi.
(d) That they buy some slaves.
7. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(b) Young women.
(c) Kofi's mother and sister.
8. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) Her dress is not stated.
(b) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(c) She wears only a shabby dress.
(d) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
9. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
10. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She is miserable.
(b) She feels much guilt.
(c) She has nowhere else to go.
(d) She loses the man she loves.
11. Where does Phase two take place?
(a) A highway.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A piece of land by the lake.
12. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The tribe elders.
13. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(a) The villagers of Yebi.
(c) Kofi Ako.
14. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
(a) Cheaply made shoes from animal skins.
(b) Rich leather shoes.
(c) Cloth shoes.
(d) She is barefoot.
15. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
(b) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
(c) He is too greedy.
(d) He uses the slaves to replace children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
2. How does Anowa feel about work?
3. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
4. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
5. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)