|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anowa feel about work?
(a) She does not want to work.
(b) She wants to work.
(c) She wishes they have more slaves to do the work.
(d) She feels that she cannot do the work.
2. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The villagers of Yebi.
3. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
(a) A kind person.
(b) A stubborn person.
(c) A horrible person.
(d) An exceptional person.
4. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
(a) The afterlife for those of the Ghana coast.
(b) The title of the boy and girl slaves.
(c) The name of the alternate ending.
(d) The name of Ghanaian greed.
5. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
6. What is Badua and Osam's reaction to the tragedy?
(a) They grieve.
(b) They are not suprised.
(c) They do not notice.
(d) They blame Anowa.
7. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
(a) He wishes that she is like other wives.
(b) He wishes that she works harder.
(c) He wishes that she returns home.
(d) He wishes for a new wife.
8. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His slave.
(d) His mistress.
9. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
(a) Hot, but not too hot.
10. What is Kofi Ako carrying toward the end of Phase two as he and Anowa continue their trade?
(a) A large bundle of animal skins.
(b) Only one animal skin.
(c) Large sticks.
(d) A light bundle.
11. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
12. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
(a) That he go on with out her.
(b) That they travel back to Yebi.
(c) That he take another wife.
(d) That they buy some slaves.
13. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
(a) That she is too weak to work.
(b) She misses her parents.
(c) That she does not yet have a child.
(d) That Kofi Ako doesn't love her any more.
14. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is angry.
15. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
(b) Her dress is not stated.
(c) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(d) She wears only a shabby dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
2. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
3. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
4. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
5. How does Kofi Ako commit suicide?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)