|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(b) Is something that cannot be changed.
(c) Is morally wrong.
(d) Makes life easier.
2. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(d) Not many.
3. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
4. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
(a) Kofi's parents.
(b) The old man and woman.
(c) The slaves of Kofi and Anowa.
(d) Badua and Osam.
5. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
(b) A loud crash.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A laugh.
6. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
(a) That it is morally wrong.
(b) That she does not understand it.
(c) She says nothing about it.
(d) That it is necessary.
7. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
(b) The tribe elders.
(c) Kofi Ako.
8. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
(a) It is doing poorly.
(b) It is doing alright.
(c) It is prosperous.
(d) It plumets.
9. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
(d) Their marriage is slowly getting better.
10. Toward the middle of Phase two, Badua and Osam discuss that it is wrong to deny whom their heritage?
(a) Both Kofi Ako and Anowa.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) Their grandchildren.
11. What type of transportation do Kofi Ako and Anowa use in Phase two?
(b) Travel on foot.
12. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
13. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
(b) His greediness.
(c) His impotence.
14. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) A few slaves.
(b) Great quantities of slaves.
(c) Only one slave.
(d) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
15. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(a) The do not start a business.
(c) Animal trading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
2. How does Anowa feel about work?
3. What is Anowa's response to Kofi Ako inability to understand why Anowa cannot be like other wives and be content?
4. What does Kofi Ako finally tell Anowa she must do?
5. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)