|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) Her parents.
(c) White men.
2. Where does Phase three take place?
3. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The villagers of Yebi.
4. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
(a) Badua and Osam.
(b) The slaves of Kofi and Anowa.
(c) The old man and woman.
(d) Kofi's parents.
5. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
6. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
7. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(a) The do not start a business.
(b) Animal trading.
8. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She has nowhere else to go.
(b) She feels much guilt.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) She loses the man she loves.
9. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
(a) That he go on with out her.
(b) That he take another wife.
(c) That they buy some slaves.
(d) That they travel back to Yebi.
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
(a) Hot, but not too hot.
11. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(a) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
12. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
13. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
(c) The gods.
14. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
15. During a confrontation in Phase three, what does Kofi Ako tell Anowa he provides for her in the end?
(a) A house in Yebi.
(d) A nice home in Oguaa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
2. Most people think that Anowa is what relation to Kofi Ako?
3. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
4. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
5. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)