|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originally tells Aidoo the story of Anowa?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. What is the ultimate consequence of Anowa's behavior, as stated in the prologue?
3. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
4. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
(d) Greater things.
5. According to Aidoo's explanation in the prologue, where do the white men come from?
(b) Beyond the horizon.
(c) The underground.
6. How many generations of characters are presented in the prologue of the story?
7. How does Aidoo select the time period to set the play?
(a) The date is used to mirror events in Britain.
(b) It is during her childhood.
(c) It is the time in which the legend is always set.
(d) It is an important point in Ghanaian history.
8. What type of chorus do the old man and the old woman represent throughout the play, as stated in the prologue?
(a) Elizabethan chorus.
(b) Greek chorus.
(c) Roman chorus.
9. Which is the first character that the audience meets?
(c) Kofi Ako.
10. _____________ is the surest way of survival in the village that the characters live in.
11. What type of tale is this play based from?
(a) A creation myth.
(b) A Ghanian legend.
(c) A Ghanian love dance.
(d) An African song.
12. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
13. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(a) High priestess.
(b) Loving mother and wife.
(c) A slave.
14. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
(a) The old woman.
(b) Kofi Ako.
(c) The old man.
15. Which word does Badua use to describe Kofi Ako in Phase one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osam say about the men from Kofi Ako's family?
2. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
3. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
4. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
5. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)