|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character "wasshes their hands" of Anowa in phase 1?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The old woman.
2. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
3. What does Anowa pack up during Phase one?
(c) Her belongings.
(d) Her clothes.
4. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
5. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
(a) Very intelligent.
(b) Destined for greatness.
(c) Too handsome.
(d) A con artist.
6. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
(a) The Anglican Coast.
(b) The Silver Coast.
(c) The Gold Coast.
(d) The Red Coast.
7. What is Anowa dipping at the beginning of Phase one?
8. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
(b) Conventional relationships.
(c) Familial values.
9. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
(a) A valley.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A lake.
10. Which character in the story represents the antithesis of the ideal person, according to African tradition?
(c) Kofi Ako.
11. What does Badua say in response to Anowa insisting on helping Kofi Ako?
(a) She begins to understand Anowa's side.
(b) She questions Anowa.
(c) She insists upon his laziness.
(d) She points out his failures.
12. How does Aidoo select the time period to set the play?
(a) It is an important point in Ghanaian history.
(b) It is during her childhood.
(c) The date is used to mirror events in Britain.
(d) It is the time in which the legend is always set.
13. How many surviving children does Badua have?
14. What does Osam say about the men from Kofi Ako's family?
(a) They are thieves.
(b) They are horrible men.
(c) They make good husbands.
(d) They are lazy.
15. Who does Anowa's willfulness reflect on? As is typically seen in the villagers tradition.
(b) The tribe elders.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
2. Who do the people of the village blame for Anowa's behavior, as explained in the prologue?
3. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
4. How does the other party react, when seeing the nature of the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa in Phase one?
5. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)