|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
2. What does Anowa pack up during Phase one?
(b) Her belongings.
(c) Her clothes.
3. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
(b) Conventional relationships.
(d) Familial values.
4. What type of input do the people of Anowa's village have in regard to how their country is run politically?
(a) A decent amount.
5. What is Anowa dipping at the beginning of Phase one?
6. What is the other woman in Phase one carrying?
7. As explained in the prologue, who sets up the tale of Anowa?
(b) Slave boys.
(c) The ghost of Anowa.
(d) Tribe elders.
8. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A lake.
(c) A valley.
(d) A river.
9. Badua is concerned for Anowa's __________.
10. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
11. What type of relationships is the play built around?
12. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
(a) Sahara desert.
(d) Ghana coast.
13. Which word best describes how the people of Anowa's village prefer to live?
14. Who do the people of the village blame for Anowa's behavior, as explained in the prologue?
(a) The high priestess.
(c) Kofi Ako.
15. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
(a) The weather.
(b) The high priestess.
(c) Kofi Ako.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect does the male part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
2. What type of chorus do the old man and the old woman represent throughout the play, as stated in the prologue?
3. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
4. Who notices the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. What does Anowa vow to do in Phase one?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)