|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the old man and old woman react with during Phase one?
(d) No one.
2. Which character "wasshes their hands" of Anowa in phase 1?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(d) The old woman.
3. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
4. Which character is at the center of the play?
(c) The old man and woman.
(d) The land.
5. How many years are men asking for Anowa's hand in marriage, as stated in the prologue?
6. How many surviving children does Badua have?
7. Which character in the story represents the antithesis of the ideal person, according to African tradition?
(b) Kofi Ako.
8. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
9. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Pray five times a day.
(b) Spend time in solitude.
10. Who does the old woman have sympathy for by the end of Phase one?
(c) Kofi Ako.
11. How many years past puberty is Anowa?
12. Which part of the landscape, as described in the prologue, balances out the lands?
(a) A lake.
(b) A valley.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A river.
13. By whom is a large part of Anowa's country ruled?
(d) Great Britain.
14. Which word does Badua use to describe Kofi Ako in Phase one?
15. What aspect does the female part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is the surest way of survival in the village that the characters live in.
2. In which year does the "Anowa" take place?
3. As explained in the prologue, who sets up the tale of Anowa?
4. What type of input do the people of Anowa's village have in regard to how their country is run politically?
5. Badua is concerned for Anowa's __________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)