|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
(b) Familial values.
(d) Conventional relationships.
2. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Pray five times a day.
(c) Spend time in solitude.
3. Aidoo writes her play during what major political literary movement?
(a) Cultural relativism.
(c) Post modernist.
4. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(b) High priestess.
(c) A slave.
(d) Loving mother and wife.
5. By whom is a large part of Anowa's country ruled?
(c) Great Britain.
6. How many years past puberty is Anowa?
7. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
8. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
9. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
10. Who do the people of the village blame for Anowa's behavior, as explained in the prologue?
(a) The high priestess.
(c) Kofi Ako.
11. How many surviving children does Badua have?
12. What genre does Aidoo's play fall into?
(a) Post colonialism.
(d) The victorian novel.
13. Who does Badua discuss Anowa with at the beginning of Phase one?
(a) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
(d) Kofi Ako.
14. What is the surest way for Badua to get Anowa to do something?
(a) To force it.
(b) To forbid it.
(c) To encourage it.
(d) To ignore it.
15. _____________ is the surest way of survival in the village that the characters live in.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
2. In the prologue, Aidoo explains this treaty that binds the people of Ghana to the white men.
3. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
4. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
5. Which word best describes how the people of Anowa's village prefer to live?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)