|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
2. What word best describes the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa, as seen toward the beginning of the play, according to the text?
3. Which character "wasshes their hands" of Anowa in phase 1?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The old woman.
4. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
5. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
6. How many different approaches to life does Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take?
7. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(a) Loving mother and wife.
(b) A slave.
(c) High priestess.
8. How many years are men asking for Anowa's hand in marriage, as stated in the prologue?
9. Who does the old woman have sympathy for by the end of Phase one?
(b) Kofi Ako.
10. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
11. Anowa and Badua ____________ in Phase one, regarding Anowa's marriage.
12. Who does Anowa bring her chores to when they are completed?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The high priestess.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Badua say in response to Anowa insisting on helping Kofi Ako?
(a) She begins to understand Anowa's side.
(b) She questions Anowa.
(c) She insists upon his laziness.
(d) She points out his failures.
14. How does Aidoo select the time period to set the play?
(a) The date is used to mirror events in Britain.
(b) It is an important point in Ghanaian history.
(c) It is during her childhood.
(d) It is the time in which the legend is always set.
15. Aidoo sets the prologue of the story in this place, setting the stage for the beginning of colonialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
2. Badua believes that Kofi Ako comes from what kind of family?
3. According to the old woman, what does time do to children?
4. In what year does Aidoo write "Anowa"?
5. At what point in Phase one, do the Old Man and woman appear?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)