|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other woman in Phase one carrying?
2. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
3. Aidoo writes her play during what major political literary movement?
(b) Post modernist.
(c) Cultural relativism.
4. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
5. Which word best describes how the people of Anowa's village prefer to live?
6. What else does Anowa's becoming a priestess bring to her family?
7. What is the path Anowa is believed to be destined for?
(a) A slave.
(b) Loving mother and wife.
(d) High priestess.
8. In the prologue, Aidoo explains this treaty that binds the people of Ghana to the white men.
(a) The Bond of the 1800s.
(b) Bond of 1845.
(c) Bond of 1844.
(d) 1844 Fanti.
9. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
10. Which is the first character that the audience meets?
(d) Kofi Ako.
11. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
12. Badua is concerned for Anowa's __________.
13. In what year does Aidoo write "Anowa"?
14. Which political category best suits Anowa's character?
15. Who originally tells Aidoo the story of Anowa?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many surviving children does Badua have?
2. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
3. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
4. Who, in Phase one, makes the suggestion of Anowa becoming a high priestess?
5. Who asks Anowa to marry him in Phase one?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)