|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
2. Who does Anowa bring her chores to when they are completed?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The high priestess.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. How many reasons are there for the villagers to be angry with Anowa, in regard to her marital choices?
4. As explained in the prologue, who sets up the tale of Anowa?
(a) Slave boys.
(c) Tribe elders.
(d) The ghost of Anowa.
5. What is the voice of the old man and woman supposed to represent in terms of the village?
(a) The whole of the village.
(b) A type of godly figure.
(c) Tribe ghosts.
(d) Anowa's grandparents.
6. According to the old woman, what does time do to children?
(a) They are more independent.
(b) Make them less obedient.
(c) They become more wise.
(d) Nothing, they remain the same.
7. Which of the following does not accurately describe Osam's character, as he is identified in the prologue?
8. What does Aidoo use to help in the construction of the play's characters?
(a) Historical elements.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Creation mythology.
(d) African heritage.
9. Anowa represents a ____________ to the conventional ways of her village.
10. How many generations of characters are presented in the prologue of the story?
11. In what part of Africa does the "Anowa" take place?
(a) Ghana coast.
(c) Sahara desert.
12. Which of the following is not said to be included in the play?
(b) Familial values.
(d) Conventional relationships.
13. How many surviving children does Badua have?
14. What type of relationships is the play built around?
15. By whom is a large part of Anowa's country ruled?
(a) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anowa's willfulness reflect on? As is typically seen in the villagers tradition.
2. Who do the old man and old woman react with during Phase one?
3. What type of tale is this play based from?
4. How do Kofi Ako and Anowa react to the other party's reaction of their affection in Phase one?
5. What does Osam attempt in Phase one in order to gain some control/peace?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)