|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anowa have to do in order to become a high priestess?
(a) Pray five times a day.
(c) Spend time in solitude.
2. Which character in the story uses a system of projection/replacement as a way of making up for his/her shortcomings?
(d) Kofi Ako.
3. According to Aidoo's explanation in the prologue, where do the white men come from?
(a) The underground.
(c) Beyond the horizon.
4. Badua believes that Kofi Ako comes from what kind of family?
(a) A wealthy family.
(b) An honest family.
(c) A family of thieves.
(d) A bad family.
5. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
6. What type of tale is this play based from?
(a) A Ghanian love dance.
(b) A Ghanian legend.
(c) An African song.
(d) A creation myth.
7. How many different settings are there in Aidoo's play?
8. Who asks Anowa to marry him in Phase one?
(a) Kofi Ako.
(b) The old man.
(c) A young man from the village.
(d) No one.
9. How many reasons are there for the villagers to be angry with Anowa, in regard to her marital choices?
10. A huge gap of ___________ lies between Badua and Anowa.
11. According to Kofi Ako's reputation with the village, he thinks himself to be __________.
(a) A con artist.
(b) Destined for greatness.
(c) Very intelligent.
(d) Too handsome.
12. What is the one oddity in the village, as described in the prologue?
(a) The weather.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The high priestess.
13. Which word best describes how the people of Anowa's village prefer to live?
14. How many years are men asking for Anowa's hand in marriage, as stated in the prologue?
15. As stated in the prologue, who is the most important enemy for the Fanti, as well and the British?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the old woman, what does time do to children?
2. Who do the people of the village blame for Anowa's behavior, as explained in the prologue?
3. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
4. What type of chorus do the old man and the old woman represent throughout the play, as stated in the prologue?
5. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)