|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anowa vow to do in Phase one?
(a) To never have children.
(b) To never return home.
(c) To become a high priestess.
(d) To never marry.
2. Who notices the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(b) Another couple.
(d) The old man.
3. Which of the following does not accurately describe Osam's character, as he is identified in the prologue?
4. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
5. Which African form of oral literature is Aidoo's play passed down from?
(b) The African affirmation tale.
6. What is the name of the village, in which "Anowa" takes place?
7. What type of tale is this play based from?
(a) A creation myth.
(b) An African song.
(c) A Ghanian love dance.
(d) A Ghanian legend.
8. Badua believes that Kofi Ako comes from what kind of family?
(a) A bad family.
(b) An honest family.
(c) A wealthy family.
(d) A family of thieves.
9. What is Anowa dipping at the beginning of Phase one?
10. By the end of Phase one, the old man believes that Anowa is destined for ________________.
(b) Greater things.
11. How many years pass since the treaty is signed with the Europeans, as Aidoo sets the play up?
12. How many generations of characters are presented in the prologue of the story?
13. How do Kofi Ako and Anowa react to the other party's reaction of their affection in Phase one?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They hug.
(d) They dance.
14. How many of these relationship couplings are presented within the play?
15. This person typically is responsible for choosing a husband for the daughter.
(a) The matchmaker.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The mother.
(d) The father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre does Aidoo's play fall into?
2. As explained in the prologue, who sets up the tale of Anowa?
3. Who originally tells Aidoo the story of Anowa?
4. What aspect does the male part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
5. Which is the first character that the audience meets?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)