|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phase 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
2. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That they split up.
(b) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
(c) That he exercises his power over her.
(d) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
3. What is another name for the coast on which the play is set?
(a) The Gold Coast.
(b) The Silver Coast.
(c) The Anglican Coast.
(d) The Red Coast.
4. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
5. Where is Aidoo originally from, as stated in the prologue of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa's personality/attitude _________ her from those around her.
2. What does Anowa tell her parents that she finally finds?
3. What word best describes the connection between Kofi Ako and Anowa, as seen toward the beginning of the play, according to the text?
4. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
5. Where does Phase three take place?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)