|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phase 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
2. Which word best describes Badua's feelings upon hearing Anowa's news in Phase one, as can be seen in the text?
3. What is the ultimate consequence of Anowa's behavior, as stated in the prologue?
4. What does Osam dissuade Badua from doing in Phase two?
(a) Arresting Anowa.
(b) Marrying another man.
(c) Going to find Anowa.
(d) Leaving Yebi.
5. Aidoo sets the prologue of the story in this place, setting the stage for the beginning of colonialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story represents the antithesis of the ideal person, according to African tradition?
2. What is another name for the old man and the old woman?
3. What aspect does the female part of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper take on according to Phase one of the text?
4. According to Osam, Anowa is not like _____________.
5. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)