• Dilemma of a Ghost and Anowa is a play by Ama Ata Aidoo.
• It is about a girl who rejects and defies tribal conventions by marrying a man that she loves.
• The man who Anowa marries is forced to live with the consequences of those actions and conflicts arise.
• The play opens in a village called Yebi on the Ghana coast of Africa in 1870.
• Old man and old woman who are referred to as Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-and-Pepper, speaks to the audience to introduce the story.
• Old man and old woman talk about the village and how everything is done there in moderation.
• The landscape of the Ghana coast is describes as being hot, but not so hot that it burns the crops that grow there.
• Also, there is a mountain, which rises to balance out the flat lands of the African coast.
• There is only one oddity in the...
This section contains 1,669 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)