- The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Vandermeer, Jeff. Annihilation: A Novel. Farrar, Straus And Giroux, 2014. First Edition Paperback.
- This novel is written in the first person past tense, with occasional present tense commentary.
- Chapter 01: "Initiation" begins on page 3.
- The narrator of the novel is an unnamed biologist.
- She is a member of an all-women expedition made up of an anthropologist, a surveyor, a psychologist, and a linguist.
- None of the women are named. They are only referred to as their titles throughout the text.
- This is the 12th expedition into Area X.
- The psychologist is the oldest member of the group, and she is also the leader of the group.
- The mission of this expedition is to "continue the government's investigation into the mysteries of Area X" (4).
- The team is...
This section contains 4,073 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)