|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herzog and his team celebrate with a party on May 24?
2. What was the basis for Dawatondu's complaint when he and Herzog arrived at Camp III?
3. Which of the following best describes the Miristi Khola?
4. Which of the following was positioned south of Herzog's exploratory expedition route?
5. Where did Herzog establish Camp III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herzog and his team's progress en route to Camp II.
2. What happened at the May 14 meeting?
3. Describe the time line the expedition was operating on.
4. What did Herzog and his team find when they found the Tilicho Pass?
5. What order did Herzog issue on May 23?
6. What did Herzog find when he returned to Camp III after establishing Camp IV?
7. Describe Herzog and his team's experience with acclimatization.
8. Describe the approach to Tukucha.
9. Describe the tests that Dr. Oudot performed on the men at the beginning of the expedition.
10. Describe the Herzog team's first attempts to scout Annapurna.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you evaluate the claim that the accomplishment of the expedition was not worth the loss of the fingers and toes of Herzog and Lachenal?
Essay Topic 2
What were the technical developments that had made the expedition to Annapurna possible?
Essay Topic 3
What type of medical challenges did the climbers encounter during the expedition?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)