|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Oudot tell Herzog that he would probably lose?
(a) His hands and feet.
(b) One or two joints on each finger.
(c) His fingers and toes.
(d) His eyes.
2. Where did Herzog and Lachenal spend the night after summitting?
(a) At Camp IV.
(b) At Camp II.
(c) At Camp III.
(d) At Camp V.
3. Why did Herzog and Lachenal have difficulty walking?
(a) They were both dehydrated.
(b) They were exhausted.
(c) Their feet were frostbitten.
(d) They had not eaten.
4. Which of the following was the source that Dr. Oudot used to restock his medical supplies?
(a) A nearby city.
(b) Stores in Tinigaon.
(c) The gear in Manangbhot.
(d) The gear in Tukucha.
5. What was the significance of the Woods of Lete?
(a) Herzog and his team were robbed in the Woods of Lete.
(b) Herzog and his team got lost in the Woods of Lete.
(c) The floods trapped Herzog and his team in the Woods of Lete.
(d) Herzog and his team passed through the Woods of Lete on their way out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Oudot care for Herzog's fingers and toes?
2. What did Herzog expect his prognosis to be?
3. How were Herzog and Lachenal moved out of the Woods of Lete?
4. What did Dr. Oudot threaten Herzog with on the descent?
5. How did the climbers handle the porters during their descent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herzog's return to camp.
2. When did Herzog's will to live return to him?
3. Describe Herzog's fever-induced vision.
4. How did Dr. Oudot treat Herzog's frostbite?
5. Describe the team's descent from the Woods of Lete.
6. What did Dr. Oudot threaten Herzog with on their descent?
7. Describe the night that Lachenal and Herzog spent in a cavern.
8. What news did Herzog receive at Camp II?
9. Describe Herzog and Lachenal's descent from Camp II to base camp.
10. What question did Herzog ask Ang-Tharkay? What was Ang-Tharkay's answer?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)