|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Terray's response to the information that Herzog confided in him?
(a) He offered to dispel the tension among the other climbers.
(b) He offered to go back for more supplies.
(c) He offered to start negotiating with the Sherpas.
(d) He offered to start taking more equipment up the mountain.
2. What did Dr. Oudot threaten Herzog with on the descent?
(b) Relieving him of command of the expedition.
(c) Amputation of his fingers.
3. What was Terray worried about when he greeted Herzog at Camp II?
(a) The condition of climbers at Camp III.
(b) The rations.
(c) The poor state of their supplies.
(d) The weather.
4. What gear did Herzog lose after reaching the summit?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His wool cap.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His boots.
5. What was the weather like as Herzog and Lachenal were making their way down?
(a) Skies were clear.
(b) Snow was blowing.
(c) High winds were blowing.
(d) It was raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Oudot care for Herzog's fingers and toes?
2. What news did Herzog receive from Sherpas?
3. Why was Herzog angry with Schatz?
4. What did the climbers in Camp I share?
5. What did Rebuffat and Terray tell Herzog when they met each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Herzog's will to live return to him?
2. How did Dr. Oudot treat Herzog's frostbite?
3. Describe Herzog and Lachenal's experience of summiting Annapurna.
4. Describe the night that Lachenal and Herzog spent in a cavern.
5. Describe Herzog's condition upon his return to Camp II.
6. Describe the fall that Herzog took on his descent.
7. Describe Herzog's return to camp.
8. Describe Herzog's descent from the Woods of Lete.
9. How did Herzog describe Camp II on his descent?
10. Describe Herzog and Lachenal's descent from Camp II to base camp.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)